ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 vs Scooby Vs Fiat Coupe *Vid*

Quote: Originally posted by Horico on 05 May 2005

my scooby is a uk model (96) and has 250 BHP from only a decat (possibly a remap too) and I have the dyno graph..std it shud be 205-215 bhp

If you listen to the clip, the exhaust of the scoob gets louder when the clio gets level, then disappears.....he wasnt trying....and they werent all gunning it all the time....
I still cant see a 250bhp UK Scoob being that much quicker than a Cup to be honest, yours must deffo be chipped to be making that power with just a decat though, as my friends makes just over 250bhp with induction and full exhaust mods and uprated ECU.

Im not sure about that race, somethings not right anyway, Id love to know what mods they are all running.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

A 250bhp scoob will not pull away like that. Im sorry but theres no chance in hell and im a scooby lover!

300bhp+ would be needed id say which is a fair bit of money to get that power from a uk spec scoob. Also most people who are into scoobs wouldnt use a Uk car as base for this power as they have crap internals.

Something is up with that clip. If it was a STi then i wouldnt question it as they can be tuned to be very quick for not alot of money............................

I can hear a dump valve off the scoob as they change to 3rd
so it is modified(not that a DV alone will do anything), and the way it pulls off like that is insane.

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 05 May 2005

no way a cup is tenth behind a coupe on th 1/4 strip.

down to drivers really, ive been to santa pod loads and never seen these rapid cups or 20v, certainly never seen a stock one run quicker than 14.5, quickest one i know of is 13.6 and thats had manifold, chip, hybrid , decat, and a decent driver.

my 172 used to get smaoked by my mates 20vt.

In what way???? rolling, standing start, top end, dont forget it has a extra cylinder a turbo, far superior torque, rolling or top end u never gonna win, standing starts though as i always found them to be a wheelspinning nightmare the traction control just cant cope

coupe should beat all 3 i agree. 0-100 in 14, fastest FWD production car and in gear times quicker than an Evo. imo, lol.

wheres this proof of 0-100 in 14 secs the autocar road test published a 15.8 sec dash to the ton which isnt that impressive for a 220bhp and 218lbft car, certainly no faster than the focus RS which has a superior power to weight ratio, oh auto car managed to get 0-100 in 14.1 from a 147gta so i say that beats it and its printed so it stands until its proven that it will do 14 dead to a ton i wont back down over that! oh and the fastest production fwd is the dodge neon SRT-4 2.4 turbo! 0-60 in a magazine test in 5.6 !!!!

http://www.dodge.com/srt-4/http://www.dodge.com/srt-4/

http://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.htmlhttp://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html

172 GTR

Quote: Originally posted by ralph wiggum on 06 May 2005

wheres this proof of 0-100 in 14 secs the autocar road test published a 15.8 sec dash to the ton which isnt that impressive for a 220bhp and 218lbft car, certainly no faster than the focus RS which has a superior power to weight ratio, oh auto car managed to get 0-100 in 14.1 from a 147gta so i say that beats it and its printed so it stands until its proven that it will do 14 dead to a ton i wont back down over that! oh and the fastest production fwd is the dodge neon SRT-4 2.4 turbo! 0-60 in a magazine test in 5.6 !!!!

http://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html
My mate has a FIAT 20VT. I can just edge away from him to 100 MPH in the 2.7 Boxster. Autocar tested the Boxster 0 - 100 15.2 seconds. This would make the 15.8 seconds quoted above accurate. 0 - 100 in 14 seconds im not sure about that?

i have the mag at home with the coupe time of 0-100 in 14secs.

its autocar from 1996 (i cant remember which month)
on the front cover its got say hello to the new cossie

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 06 May 2005

i have the mag at home with the coupe time of 0-100 in 14secs.

its autocar from 1996 (i cant remember which month)
on the front cover its got say hello to the new cossie
this will be the first look with the guesstimations,

the actual road test where they strap on all the gear and do the extenstive testing is what generated the 15.8 time

Quote: Originally posted by Danny P on 06 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by ralph wiggum on 06 May 2005

http://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html
My mate has a FIAT 20VT. I can just edge away from him to 100 MPH in the 2.7 Boxster. Autocar tested the Boxster 0 - 100 15.2 seconds. This would make the 15.8 seconds quoted above accurate. 0 - 100 in 14 seconds im not sure about that?
really is that the brand new 2.7 or the old one, i remember the old 3,2 s around the 14.5 sec mark would of thought the 2.7 was quite a bit slower

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by wrx-172 on 05 May 2005
Aint no V6 thats for sure

Well spotted. Although it was quite easy to see this is not a Clio V6.

20VTs have some oomph standard but for a monkey you can get some pretty impressive gains just with remap, exhaust and filter which will push the car up into the big league

Have a mate with one and Ive been iwth him when he shows up M3s and Mercs (not sure what Merc!). Great cars, just a b**ch to service.