ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio & value for money r u happy

CTR EK9 turbo

How much have you paid for your clios (any age), this is including mods to get it to the spec/speed it is at present.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1054685948__172_side_2.jpg

I paid £11,400 and im happy with it being standard apart from new front speakers (cant remember how much they were - sony, from halfords - not that good really). Its quick enough standard and the warranty means i can thrash it 24/7 and get new gearboxes free.....

my MK1 172 was free, and was std, great car love it, about as good VFM you cna get.

My MK2 was free and so were the engine mods, also great VFM.

MK1 RT, 4yrs ago, 2.3k, too much spend on a sh*t car, slow handles horribly and was boring, had i 3yrs drove it for on, used my MK1 XR2 instead (21yrs old) shows you just how bad the RT was lol!

valver, swap for the RT and a bit of cash, great car, not overly fast but fine, running costs are good, fuel consumption is great.......nowthing wrong with it, easy.....yes easy to work on....well, easier than the waterpump on the ford.

oh, and HK cars come with free fuel......yay!

if you think im jammy, darn rootin tooting straight! :D

CTR EK9 turbo

whhhhhyyyyy yooooou!!!!

ive always liked the mk.1 xr2s. Did you see that supercharged/turbocharged silver jobby in ccc a while back. animal.

yup, thats chris dodds, and its a supersport, not an XR2 :p.

very nice though........but of a nutter car...wonder what droveshafts hes using as CVH XR2 items wont be up to it i dont think, but i could be mistaken.

CTR EK9 turbo

i have the mag somewhere ill have a skeg......

im really into that wolf/sheeps clothing idea. Not that fussed about big alloys and plastic guttering.

I mentioned in another post about the mini with the vtec engine from either a CRX or the integra. Thats what im talking about!

Were thinking of buying a group project and stripping it and having it as a rag-about cheap toaster. Weve already got a turbo charged a-series in my friends shed, thinking of mating that to a mini. Or just buying some big old boat sierra xr4x4 and stripping it (like the one on Driven that nearly toasted that CTR!haha) Or a carlton v6, or some old alfa V6.

What would you recommend for ultimate cheap (below a grand) speed?

nissan 200sx !!!!!

my mk2 172 was 10500 its still standard apart from wheels that were put on by first owner i love it