ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams.

172 cup, Civic Jordan
Hello there, I'm new to the forum, hope you're a friendly bunch! :)

Don't drive a Clio just yet but looking to trade my Saxo VTS in for a 182Cup in the not too distant future.

Anyway, I've got a question regarding the Williams Clio, I've done a search but can't find the answer......can anyone tell me the true 0-60mph time?

Autocar have tested it as follows:

0-60mph 7.7secs
0-100mph 20.8secs.

Would you say these figures are about right?

172 cup, Civic Jordan
my quote is
0-60 7secs
0-100 19 secs
but the engine will have to be low millage and well services

These are the sort of figures I'd expect to see given the spec, must surely be quicker than 7.7 to 60mph!

Even the Williams forum have it down as 7.7secs, I've got a roadtest of a 1.8 16V tested at 7.4secs!?

Clio Williams 1, 182,197
Well i can do 0-60 in under 6.5 secs
0-100 in under 17 secs

But then mine ain't standard. So make of that what you will

But the time's that the williams site give are a fair indication.

Last edited:
  Polo GTi
Make of it what you will but a standard Williams and and standard 172 will be almost identical 0-60, although the figures say otherwise, the Williams is deffo quicker than 7.7 to 60, dont forget you have 3 gears to get to 60 in a standard Williams the figures are decieving

7.7 seconds is wrong... that's the Renault quoted time but standard for standard the Williams is faster than pretty much any Mk2 Clio from 0-100. Only the Cups I'd say that are quicker... even then there's not much in it between any 2.0 Clio tbh...

One thing I will say is that the Williams will out handle any Mk2 with relative ease

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was doing a 100 in 19ish seconds when standard on nearly 80k, however there are lots of ppl who claim to be able to do quicker than that from "standard". (i do have a vid of the speedo which i will send to you if you wanted.)

As for the 0-60 times its a bit of a misleading one as it does 60 in 3rd not 2nd so actually the acceleration is a fair bit faster than the stats show. With a simple rev limiter increase you could probably knock a second off that tbh, but thats not something i would recommend.

(P.s your name reminds me of Rocky4)

Last edited:
  172 cup, Civic Jordan
Mine was doing a 100 in 19ish seconds when standard on nearly 80k, however there are lots of ppl who claim to be able to do quicker than that from "standard". (i do have a vid of the speedo which i will send to you if you wanted.)

As for the 0-60 times its a bit of a misleading one as it does 60 in 3rd not 2nd so actually the acceleration is a fair bit faster than the stats show. With a simple rev limiter increase you could probably knock a second off that tbh, but thats not something i would recommend.

(P.s your name reminds me of Rocky4)

Cheers for this mate - you learn something new every day! :)

p.s
Yeah, It's the 7ft Russian that leathered Apollo Creed. A classic film - best Rocky film imo.

F82 M4
A decent standard valver is easily as quick as a standard Williams.
- let the moaning/flaming begin ;)

To a certain level yes, yet the williams is much more torquey, better bottom end, not as high reving and will be better on the long run. 0-60 wont b much difference at all

190 BHP Willy 2
Williams box is stronger. The main shaft is bolted in rather then pressed.

Only reason a williams has to use 3 gears to get to 60 is because the standard limiter is set at 6500 whereas a 16v is 7100.

A rev limit raise to 7100 see's a williams hitting 64 in 2nd and mine has been timed at 0-60 in 6.8 secs.