ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF22 ClioSport Festival 2022 - Book Tickets Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
So a quick note to all those staying at the Travelodge in Gainsborough on Saturday night.

we have managed to arrange for a taxi to do some shuttle runs for two hours between 1230am and 2:30am. ClioSport will be covering the cost of this but please don’t take the piss. The cab is purely to travel from Blyton park to the travel lodge. It’s not to be diverted for any missions to buy booze, fags or takeaways or anything else. We will be telling the driver this also.

It’s just one cab (I tried to get a minibus without any luck) so there may well be a bit of a wait if everyone decides to leave at the same time. And bear in mind that this service will end at 2:30am so that means it will be leaving Blyton for the last run at no later than about 2:10am.

Please please please don’t take the piss with this, if I hear of anyone being rude to the driver and gives the club a bad name I’ll personally make sure that person never attends another of our events. It’s been hard enough getting a cab to do this as it is.

So enjoy and I’ll see you all Friday/Saturday x

R999

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Is this a Mazda on track event? Or is it totally independent and run wholly by CS?

Just got to tell my track insurance guys who the organiser is

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Will there be helmets to hire there for passengers? Or do I need to go on the scavenge.. 😬

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Show and Shine

For anyone wishing to enter the Show and Shine, this will take place on Saturday in the centre of the main show area in front of the large white marquee.

We would invite anyone wishing to take part to position their car in this area from about 9.30am onwards (once the track has got underway to and early traffic calmed down) and here you can prepare them as required.

Judging will take place from around 3.30pm and prizes awarded at the raffle draw around 5.15pm.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
The MOT guys running the trackday will have some helmets for hire, I believe for £10.

Ask at the track office when you get your wristbands.

Champion thanks!!

Thanks @Cub. 😘 Although I think my pea head might rattle round in it a bit 🤣

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Are the gates to Blyton physically closed until 17:30 on Friday? I'll be arriving in Gainsborough around 3-4pm so will have a bit of a wait if so.

A general note on this:

No the gates are not always physically closed because another company has the Friday booked for their own trackday, but you will be asked to leave and come back later. We need to please respect their day and use of the venue that they have paid for.

We are NOT allowed attendees on site until 17.30 so please honour this time. If you arrive early, please go and get a drink somewhere and come back later.

Early arrivals also stops our small team from being able to set up the show for everyone ready for the opening time stated and quickly leads to chaos.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Some daft questions:

- I have changed car, do I need to contact anyone to change the track registration before I arrive or can this be done on the day?

- The event time table (emailed when tickets were purchased) says (provisional) has it changed from this version at all:

1657623471826.png

- I am doing track in the afternoon and staying at the travel lodge, is anyone doing similar who wants to drop cars back at the travel lodge and get a taxi back for the evening gathering? Would be nice to get a shower in after being on track, get changed then comeback.

- Does the travel lodge have a bar at all?

Many thanks

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Some daft questions:

- I have changed car, do I need to contact anyone to change the track registration before I arrive or can this be done on the day?

- The event time table (emailed when tickets were purchased) says (provisional) has it changed from this version at all:

View attachment 1602207

- I am doing track in the afternoon and staying at the travel lodge, is anyone doing similar who wants to drop cars back at the travel lodge and get a taxi back for the evening gathering? Would be nice to get a shower in after being on track, get changed then comeback.

- Does the travel lodge have a bar at all?

Many thanks
The travel lodge doesn't have a bar iirc. I'll be popping to the hotel just after being on track to get a shower and changed etc but will then probably drive to blyton leave my car there and pick it up Sunday morning. Saves lugging beers etc in a taxi then

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Reading through this thread I'm properly gutted that I've not got the car ready and won't be going on track now! Still, more excuse to get pished on the Friday!

P.s. Somebody buy my morning track session pls or else I'm going to have bought the worlds most expensive passenger pass 😂

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
The travel lodge doesn't have a bar iirc. I'll be popping to the hotel just after being on track to get a shower and changed etc but will then probably drive to blyton leave my car there and pick it up Sunday morning. Saves lugging beers etc in a taxi then
Sounds sensible - to be clear and to avoid disappointment (I'm sure it has been mentioned loads but I've missed it) is there beer for purchase during the evening at Blyton? Or is it essential to bring your own?

If its the latter I will do a buy on the way up...

Also - if times/number of seats etcetc. work out can I jump in some ones car or taxi to either go back to Blyton Sat eve (without car) or back to pick up car in the morning?

What are you guys doing Friday night? Are you setting up at Blyton --- or will you be finding a local near to the hotel? If your setting up do you need people to lend a hand?

disclaimer: I do not have Covid btw and my man flu has gone (yay).

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Sounds sensible - to be clear and to avoid disappointment (I'm sure it has been mentioned loads but I've missed it) is there beer for purchase during the evening at Blyton? Or is it essential to bring your own?

If its the latter I will do a buy on the way up...

Also - if times/number of seats etcetc. work out can I jump in some ones car or taxi to either go back to Blyton Sat eve (without car) or back to pick up car in the morning?

What are you guys doing Friday night? Are you setting up at Blyton --- or will you be finding a local near to the hotel? If your setting up do you need people to lend a hand?

disclaimer: I do not have Covid btw and my man flu has gone (yay).
Bring your own beer mate 🍺🍺

I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to offer lifts. You're more than welcome to jump in with us from the travel lodge back to blyton, aslong as you stick to my very strict timing policy

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Any ideas on car Reg for track? I've looked through emails when I try to hit the Track Terms and Condition hyperlink it does this:

1657624498223.png

1657624514831.png

I am assuming I can just give new car details at sign in? But if I have to do it before hand I would like to get it sorted asap.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Reading through this thread I'm properly gutted that I've not got the car ready and won't be going on track now! Still, more excuse to get pished on the Friday!

P.s. Somebody buy my morning track session pls or else I'm going to have bought the worlds most expensive passenger pass 😂
Is there track space left then? Hmm…I didn’t need to hear that!

Status
Not open for further replies.