ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport on your mobile..YES!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Cant be bothered for someone to add the wap module to cliosport?
Get bored when your out and about?

You need opera mini

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/

Any half decent phone can run it and its hyper fast-and free.

(bad luck if your on "3" it wont work)

opera80x15.gif

Demo

Last edited:
Can you tell us what half decient phones can run this preferably ones with a keyboard so I can surf the forum at work (not like I do any real work when I'm there).
Thanks.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
jon_r said:
Been viewing this on my mobile for months ;)

Just move the fecking menu to the rhs!!

:approve: opera deals with it in a neat way. Jon this mini thing even works on you k700i!

Ford Fiesta
ive used webviewer for couple of years on my mobile, suppose opera might be better? But payed for webviewer now and im just tight.

I have just written this on my n70. It seems very fast for a mobile. Top link and program. What is the difference between opera and opera mini?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Liam182 said:
ive used webviewer for couple of years on my mobile, suppose opera might be better? But payed for webviewer now and im just tight.

its handy that opera is free then!

Opera mini uses some old tech i used to use on my palm pilot + my nokia 5110 (yes and it was lime green) in the late 90's. Basically it uses a clever proxy server to cut all the crap out of the web pages, render them for small screens and then it sends them to the phone.

Webviewer is a bit basic in its abilitys.

KDF has it been posted before?

jon_r whast thast like for posting is it any good or is it just for one offs?

Just thinking is a PDa of some sorts a better idea to use and link to a mobile? IF so I've got a Nokia 6820a with Bluetooth can i use this to connect to a PDA?

edde said:
jon_r whast thast like for posting is it any good or is it just for one offs?

Just thinking is a PDa of some sorts a better idea to use and link to a mobile? IF so I've got a Nokia 6820a with Bluetooth can i use this to connect to a PDA?
Been doing that for ages as well! lol :rasp:

Ford Fiesta
Tom said:
its handy that opera is free then!

Opera mini uses some old tech i used to use on my palm pilot + my nokia 5110 (yes and it was lime green) in the late 90's. Basically it uses a clever proxy server to cut all the crap out of the web pages, render them for small screens and then it sends them to the phone.

Webviewer is a bit basic in its abilitys.

KDF has it been posted before?

does it run through a wap APN, or do i need to subscribe to an internet access point? webviewer works thorugh wap access point on o2.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Liam182 said:
does it run through a wap APN, or do i need to subscribe to an internet access point? webviewer works thorugh wap access point on o2.

Yes it makes a connection via any apn that allows it to

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes im not saying internet wasnt around on mobiles, ive been using the web from a mobile for a bloody long time! 1998? Palm III and a 5110!

Opera mini is the first useable browser for non smart phones.

Renders cliosport very well.

Nice find Tom, good to see it works nicely too, we did have a look at the wap plugin for this, but it's just not that easy to get going, esp. with our site.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Roamer said:
Nice find Tom, good to see it works nicely too, we did have a look at the wap plugin for this, but it's just not that easy to get going, esp. with our site.

:S Ok, why whats different about this forum?

Oh and yeah it works great

http://www.wiforums.net/?

Last edited: