ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Saturday 2013

trophy #50
im up for camping!

preferably somewhere that we can have a fire to cook stuff on ! :D

come on neef, it'l be fine. bit of dirt wont hurt lol :eek:

Oh I'm not staying. I have a house with my own bed to go home to.

A bit of dirt ? I work with animals and 's**t' (theirs) I'm not fussed about a smal amount of dirt
But don't expect me to be wrestling in the mud

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Not sure what other peoples opinions are but I think we are going to struggle to find a campsite. Chances are that we will probably all get booked in but when we all turn up we will almost certainly be politely told we are not welcome. A travel lodge type hotel may be a smarter option??

trophy #50
There's a holiday in right near duxford
Place called whittlesford

Or a travelodge in town 'Clifton road' but that has a tight multi story car park that my car hits, so lowered cars might not get in easily

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Where ever we stay, we're getting kicked out so it doesn't really matter anyway.

I don't even think we will be given the chance to get kicked out of any of the nearby campsites. They're all geared up for caravan clubs and the like. When they start seeing us lot rocking up they will have a f**king fit lol

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
They won't want the hassle they will inevitably expect from a group as large as ours.

I might be wrong but would be pretty s**t to turn up on the day and be mugged off and have nowhere to stay.

Hotels in Cambridge at that time of year will be need to be booked sharpish.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I know what you mean by all means. I'm sure something will get sorted/arranged. Hotel is a good idea but going out somewhere on the pi$s costs more etc.

Twingo Dynamique
well surely the only solution is just ringing up one or two of these campsites to see if they will accomodate a large group?? might just be the case that the owner has a bit of an extra field that they dont normally use or something!! :S :L

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's the best thing we can do. Need a rough idea of numbers etc too

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
ok fair enough but whoever phones needs to be completely up front about the booking. I won't be impressed if we get there and they are expecting the French car branch of the rotary club to turn up and we end up having nowhere to kip.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
altho another option to a camp site would be a farmers land? surely one happy farmer will let us camp for a few quid?

When Rafmatt gets back from the fatherland ill get him to come with me one weekend to do a reccy of the area to see if there's any farmland that we could possibly hire. If I do this and put my name to it and people start getting drink and stupid ill not be a f**king happy camper and heads will roll. Just thought I'd get that in early.

trophy #50
Let me know when your coming up and I might tag along... Least show you where the travel lodges etc are?
As I so rudely Didn't turn up early enough to meet you on Saturday...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
When Rafmatt gets back from the fatherland ill get him to come with me one weekend to do a reccy of the area to see if there's any farmland that we could possibly hire. If I do this and put my name to it and people start getting drink and stupid ill not be a f**king happy camper and heads will roll. Just thought I'd get that in early.

I'd appreciate it if you could do a reckie if it's possible. Would be good to have club organised camping. I'm going to call a few places tomorrow/

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i cant drink so thats me behaving lol :eek:

if it wasnt a 4 hour round trip, i wouldnt of mind helping out doing a reccy . i'll help out any other way i can tho.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Let me know when your coming up and I might tag along... Least show you where the travel lodges etc are?
As I so rudely Didn't turn up early enough to meet you on Saturday...

Yeah ok will do.

I will behave. Promise :)

lol sorry if I'm sounding like a little Hitler! I'm all up for a bit of drunken tomfoolery but I won't stand for people getting pissed up and deciding they want to start doing some drifting in their cars at 3 in the morning.

It just won't happen believe me lol

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I can do some phoning about and that. Off work for 6 weeks so I got loads of time on my hands. Give me something to do.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'd appreciate it if you could do a reckie if it's possible. Would be good to have club organised camping. I'm going to call a few places tomorrow/

It'll be a pleasure buddy. Im moving house Saturday week but will definitely be able to get up there the weekend after. Hopefully Matt will be home that weekend too.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I'm gonna try and get over there myself but it's not going to be for another few month yet so if you can speed that process up that would be grand. Let me send you a PM.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
What's with all these benders that aren't going to enjoy a cold Guinness??

RonDaveRon, there'll be no drifting, I meerly demonstrated the different stages of traction control to Sy last time.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I probably won't get out my face. I tend to break my ankle when drunk.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

RonDaveRon, there'll be no drifting, I meerly demonstrated the different stages of traction control to Sy last time.

Lol! You def camping Rob?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
i cant drink so thats me behaving lol :eek:

if it wasnt a 4 hour round trip, i wouldnt of mind helping out doing a reccy . i'll help out any other way i can tho.

Eh, where you coming from the Outer Hebrides?

You live 20 minutes from my house ffs and it's only an hour and a bit to Duxford from here.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

hahaha you'll be alright! I'm making you and Ant my deputies for the night ;)