ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Saturday 2013

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hi guys,

Since we have the most important details for this sorted, we thought we'd announce it now rather than wait until all the particulars are sorted.

We're pleased to announce that we are holding our next gathering at Duxford Imperial War Museum on the 22nd June 2013!!!

http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford

Tickets are £7 per person, and will include entry to the venue & museum, food and all entertainment.

Tickets will be available to purchase from the ClioSport merchandise store on the 1st March 2013. All purchased tickets will be dispatched week commencing 10th June 2013.

Look forward to seeing you all there. More details to be released as they're confirmed!

All the best
ClioSport Admin

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic idea chaps, well done, reminds me of the NW event i did at the imperial war museum. My GF is due the week before CSS but i'd love to attend if poss. Duxford is another level of geek cool :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Absolutely fantastic idea chaps, well done, reminds me of the NW event i did at the imperial war museum. My GF is due the week before CSS but i'd love to attend if poss. Duxford is another level of geek cool :)

I only had an hour there when we went to scout it, but you could easily spend all day looking around it, it's HUGE! You won't be bored anyway.

SQ5
Awesome, its closer :) been wanting to go to Duxford for a while now too. Last time I was probably 7/8 years old :)

Cannot wait!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sounds good. Long way to go though for some of the more northern lot.

I'm sure selecting a venue is difficult enough though.

We searched high and low for a more central venue to no avail - We'd have ended up at Gaydon again :(

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Good freakin' move !!! If you live south of the Watford Gap anyway..

:cool:

Camping's in Brian's back yard this year BTW.

Tickets also in the shop.

We searched high and low for a more central venue to no avail - We'd have ended up at Gaydon again :(

Yeah that's understandable. We all called for improvements on last year, and credit where it's due, it sounds like that's what's happened :)

Looking forward to it, be a nice run out for my E21 ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good. Long way to go though for some of the more northern lot.

I'm sure selecting a venue is difficult enough though.

Away man! Make a trip of it! I did 900 mile round trip twice ffs!

Oh and you can practically see Gaydon from Duxford. ;)

At least it's somewhere different. Might not need to bring a packed lunch! :eek:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I've been meaning to go to Duxford for about the last 10 years. Happy bloody days !! Loooots to do undercover if it's a full scale British summer's day too :eek:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Not where I thought it might be, but looks cool none the less, hopefully I can make it this year!

R26r R26
Excellent choice of venue. Probably influenced by Brian not wanting to clock to many more miles on the 200 ;)

Will be rude not to come as its only 30 minutes up the road.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
Hmm. Either a nice early start, or premier inn close by on the Friday night for me. 410 mile round trip. Either way, I'll be there!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I may turn up... I might bring the mini if its roadworthy ;)

We could have a classic car section!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Cant wait for this :) what time do the gates open? So i can organise a huge convoy from essex/kent

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The weekend of Le Mans??

:(

Yes, it isn't ideal but in light of the FCS date, and the fact that only a small proportion of our members actually go to Le Mans, this was the only suitable date available really. :(.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
400 miles omg! That's nothing mate for a once a year thing.