ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Saturday - 30th July 2011

MK3, RX450H.
Re: Cliosport Saturday - The Launch of a New Era - 30th July 2011

I'll be attending this.
Should be a good day/night all in all.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Sounds good il be there, is there enough space ic everyone turns up lol?

Yep easily. I've booked us the biggest areana they do. Theory being i'd rather have too much space than not enough.

clio sport 182

Sounds good, don't really know any one but I'm game for this. :D

R

robclio182

Sounds good, don't really know any one but I'm game for this. :D
I dont know anyone either mate , its my first big meet like this everything is still new to me my car this site everyone on here etc

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Its a great chance to introduce yourself to everyone. This event is all about the social aspect of the club. You'll get the chance to talk to reps/admin/mods as well as members you would never normally talk to.

Its a great chance to introduce yourself to everyone. This event is all about the social aspect of the club. You'll get the chance to talk to reps/admin/mods as well as members you would never normally talk to.

We have to actually interact?

Will be a great day, and a chance to catch up with a few old faces, and a few that look 14 (Boosh).

Impreza Wagon

Perfect location as I work at the Gaydon site :) drop me a PM if you need any help with anything and I might be able to get you a few contacts. It would be good if we could get on the emissions circuit for a quick blast but they're pretty tight with security on the main site.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Well tickets are bookeded, took the Friday as a holiday as i'll probably stay the 2 nights so just a hotel to sort once we find out where the night out will be!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Perfect location as I work at the Gaydon site :) drop me a PM if you need any help with anything and I might be able to get you a few contacts. It would be good if we could get on the emissions circuit for a quick blast but they're pretty tight with security on the main site.
There won't be any "blasting" anywhere I think I can speak for the Club on that front.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

This is our first event, next year will be bigger and better. Come and have a chat this year.

Impreza Wagon

This is our first event, next year will be bigger and better. Come and have a chat this year.
Ok will do, it's a great venue and the musuem is an added bonus!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Re: Cliosport Saturday - The Launch of a New Era

What you moaning for? You wouldn't have come anyway.

We have to pick a location. We don't have the money to book Rockingham/Silverstone for the day. This is our first year and Gaydon fits us best. We looked into all the available locations and worked out what suited us.

Location is as central as it's ever going to be. We can't please everyone. It's going to be ace, so it's worth travelling for. I'm coming from overseas :approve:

I came to 5 FCS's! From Aberdeen!! Give me a break son!!

If it was more like Manchester then i would of considered it. From the bottom of Scotland it's still going to be a good 4-5hrs!, From Glasgow a good 6! I wouldn't expect many folk from up north to come put it that way!

mondeo titanium tdci

Just bought my tickets I'm working in the morning but will.come up in the afternoon :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I came to 5 FCS's! From Aberdeen!! Give me a break son!!

If it was more like Manchester then i would of considered it. From the bottom of Scotland it's still going to be a good 4-5hrs!, From Glasgow a good 6! I wouldn't expect many folk from up north to come put it that way!

Its a valid point, but we have to locate as close as we can to the majority of our members.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?256325-Cliosport-members

Based on those numbers, the location is ideal. Perhaps in the future we can look at having a more northerly sister event. But for the moment this is it.

Megane 225 F1

Be more like me Ali......I drove across country for a meet that was about 3 hours long LOL. Travelling FTW :cool:

Oh will we have name badges? :cool:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

There will be something like that.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Its a valid point, but we have to locate as close as we can to the majority of our members.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?256325-Cliosport-members

Based on those numbers, the location is ideal. Perhaps in the future we can look at having a more northerly sister event. But for the moment this is it.

Thats totally fair Tom, providing it is considered in the future. That was the key gripe over FCS! Why they couldn't accommodate both northern and southern fans is beyong me. Even Mark's from up north!

Be more like me Ali......I drove across country for a meet that was about 3 hours long LOL. Travelling FTW :cool:

Oh will we have name badges? :cool:

That'll grow old quickly!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I fancy this... Although my severe lack of holidays at work (4 days) might not stretch to July :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

whats the situation with children are they £5 as well.???

If they want to eat the food that were arranging for the event then yes unfortuanately.

It may be something we look to change in the future once we have a solid idea of numbers and demographics this year, however at the moment were not going to cater it - £5 to all.

Children do however get discounted entry into the Heritage Center (every cloud has a silver lining!)

Besides - It's only a fiver!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

iirc a burger at FCS was a fiver!!!

Clio RS 182

hmmmmm, lol

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Name badges will be available but completely up to you if you use them

182cup & 172 racecar

That will be handy,being old I do forget mine on occasions.

RB 197

I'm in. Fact. Will buy my ticket when my fricking virgin media decides to work again.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

This is a slightly educated guess, but at the moment not many.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Would be rude not to share a room, I hear they only have king sized beds left.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Family room?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

This is a slightly educated guess, but at the moment not many.

Yup, I would recommend ordering today if people were hoping to qualify for the free museum entry tickets.