ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIP or resistors

Hi just wondered if anyone near Sheffield S20 had a CLIP and could programme out steering wheel and passenger airbags removed plus drivers pre tensioner/ seatbelt at some point in the future when I've fitted please?

Or if you think it's better to put in resistors instead?

Thanks.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Airbag module on my rstuner only cleared them temporarily. Resistors didn’t work either, so mine are currently just unplugged

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
RSTuner will work if you configure it properly, i've done a few cars now.

Where some slip up is leaving things plugged in or resistors still in, but turning them off in RST. It's still seeing them as being there so you have to remove/unplug.

Aye I can do it mate, dont bodge it with resistors. Plus u can do a full code scan of your car too so you can see about any other issues
Top man thanks very much. I didnt switch notification on so only just seen replies! Will give you a buzz when I've fitted them.

I've picked up a Sabelt GT3 seat and mounts new for half price, got a Joz foz subframe then ordering a Momo boss and new all black Sabelt wheel plus the Volantech 2 button carbon horn panel (only about 15 quid more than phase 1 stalk and pretend I'm a fighter pilot/Cup racer wannabe)

Just need to measure up and source a seatbelt buckle to suit. I think I can run 3 point through harness holes on sides.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Top man thanks very much. I didnt switch notification on so only just seen replies! Will give you a buzz when I've fitted them.

I've picked up a Sabelt GT3 seat and mounts new for half price, got a Joz foz subframe then ordering a Momo boss and new all black Sabelt wheel plud the Volantech 2 button carbon horn panel (only about 15 quid more than phase 1 stalk and pretend I'm a fighter pilot/Cup racer wannabe)
No problem haha, give me a shout when you need a hand and I can pop over mate

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Why so? Purchased the additional module, scanned and reset the faults. Only so many buttons you can click on the rsTuner. Unless I’ve missed something? Or need to take out any resistors that are in place
You need to remove the resistors so the ECU can see that there's nothing there so you can then fully disable it mate

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
You need to remove the resistors so the ECU can see that there's nothing there so you can then fully disable it mate
That’s why then, confusing it. I’ll give it another try next time I get chance
Even with resistors in he lights never went out.

I've fitted seat and will be doing steering wheel tomorrow but given were in lockdown might be several weeks before can ask someone to pop round and code out lights for me as @YorkshireKyle kindly offered.

So thinking I might get a tool to do it myself, I'll be keeping car long term so be useful for diagnostic etc. Could anyone point me in the direction of best value for money tool for that please?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Best value for money long term is either an RS Tuner or CLIP. I've got an iCarsoft and an RS Tuner but I'll still end up buying CLIP at some point

The amount of functions you miss with the iCarsoft can be rectified with the RS Tuner but CLIP does everything (bar load a tune). One advantage is that I constantly buy French cars so I'll always have and use these tools and theyll pay themselves off within the first year of having them no doubt