ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers are on - shall i take it lower?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The worst pictures ever i know but my coilovers went on Friday night. The car handles like a go-kart now so im loving it but im being told by all my mates i should take it slightly lower? Sometimes i think it looks just right, others a touch high.

493a3915.jpg

e408c0e0.jpg

1510a1a4.jpg

cc2f1fbe.jpg

I might just lower the rear a touch more? Although i want to keep it nose down.

I'll get some clean better ones another day..haha

330i. E30 Touring.
That's just right.

Maybe even a touch too low at the front for me, but i'd always aim for go, not show.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. I might not mess with it then. Going to get it aligned on Saturday so want to have it perfect for then.

Also, anyone know which way you have to twist the know on Konigsports for softer and harder? Ive had a quick play and it seems clockwise to make them softer but id have thought it'd be the other way round..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. I was right! Still, wouldnt have been too hard to work out.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Height looks spot on mate! Definitely no lower.

Cup spoiler sprayed white, and either a new wheel colour/new wheels and that will be lovely :)

Some nice bright silver turinis would look lovely on that. Sheepish I know, but for a reason!

PH1 iceburg
Good height that, the wheels must scrub though (unless you have made some modifications).

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'll leave it i suspect then. Its still very usable too. As for paint, the spoiler will be going white and i want poverty spec unpainted bump strips. Thats how it came. Well, the spoiler has been changed but the other was black too. Getting in ready for some trackday fun is top of the list though. :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The height looks good but maybe needs to go up a touch at the rear for a nice bit of rake

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks people. Sbridgey, it does have a fair bit of rake? I would always set it up this way tbh.

PS, you dont want a white 182...look how dirty it is after a week of use..

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Sorry was being a bit special when i was looking at the pictures! :eek:

Ph1 T
Thanks people. Sbridgey, it does have a fair bit of rake? I would always set it up this way tbh.

PS, you dont want a white 182...look how dirty it is after a week of use..

Mate ive got a BG dont talk to me about car being dirty lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Fine as it is, maybe even a touch higher.

Can't stand the wheels in black though mate.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys. Front splitter rubbed on a speed bump last night so its certainly not going lower. Just need to get it frickin lazered now.

Wheels look ok when they're clean. They're quite a high gloss black however they are kind of grey there from all the salt on the roads. Still, new wheels will be coming. Probably Turini's by the looks of things. Boring i know.

Rusty Cup
It is for go not show for sure.

Get some nice light 15's on if your after getting the best out of it. If it feels good now you'll love how it feels on 15's. It'll accelerate faster and change direction quicker. Only possible draw back to highlight for me might be that with the extra tyre wall on 195/50/15 you can feel a slight snap or movement when changing direction quickly. That was with paradas tho which have sidewalls made of cheese, a firmer sidewall or dropping to 195/45/15's should be the perfect setup.

And as for height wise i'd say it looks good to me as long as your not getting too much scrub at that height.