ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers Or Alloys

Supercharged S2000
Im planning on slamming my car and getting my 172 alloys powdercoated gloss black.

i cant be bothered to do it all in one paycheck so which one should i go for first?

Baring in mind i cant find the f*cking key to the locking wheel nuts, which plays a pretty big part in both the mods i want to do Haa.

Track 172 & Golf R32
coilys first get it sitting nice so the wheels don't look so lost!

I picked a key up off ebay back in the day have a look on there mate

Clio 182
I agree, Coilovers. I know your only slamming on standard wheels but nothing worse than someone getting some after market alloys and leaving it at standard ride height.

Supercharged S2000
Cheers guys, i know what you mean.

i think the alloys will look pretty cool as im going to get the dimond matching what ever colour i decide to spray the bullets, but as you say, if i dont get it lowered it will be looking like an off road 4x4 for another month! isit easy to fit these coilovers? if not do you think labour will be alot?

sorry for all the Qs

cheers

Track 172 & Golf R32
there not hard to fit but that's me. Once fitted they need to be set up properly anyway so if your not sure I would just go somewhere and get the whole lot done at once. Not sure where u are in the country but I think fred at BTM does this iirc

Clio 182
I'd recommend getting coilovers fitted at a garage, I fitted my own coilovers on my previous car. It wasn't a hard job but I wasn't too sure on myself and suspension going wrong can be pretty dangerous and expensive. With my new car i'll just take it to a garage for peace of mind.

TTRS & V50
Always always always do suspension first. Nothing worse than alloys that are lost. Lowering pulls alloys off much better.

Supercharged S2000
ok cheers.

Right complete noob question now. i think 40 mm is proabably what im gonna go for.

what would you reccomend is the best height front and back wise for a 172?

i like the slammed look but dont want it to rub too bad.

cheers