ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cone filter, strut brace

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
j3ned said:
My bird was fitted with small tits as standard - you cant beat an upgrade

Santa pod 29th jan clioTT me vs FQ330 ( Jose my mate )

Hes been reading this thread and has agreed to race me ( again ) up the strip to settle this dispute ( he cant track it as his mrs wont let him aaawww ) . We will video it and resurrect this post on the 30th :D

Watch this space EVOnone :D

Im quite sure you will beat it in a straight line (this is not a dispute). Well done.

Round the track with both on road tyres im sure it would be the other way round.

Would PMSL if it rained...

Regards your bird i carnt and wouldnt comment.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Evo's and scoobs for that matter on a hot day will struggle thorugh hairpins and chicane's...I've seen it at many track days, they simple bog down. The grip is immence. Tho It would still hump Matt's 2CV!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
LOL
.... LOVING this thread. so exciting especially in my day. lol
handbags at 20 paces......

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
oh and to add to it ive seen 5 evos and 2 imprezas being bitched by a mk1 clio and a pug 405 at knockhill ... was hillaire ... the guys were going mental.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Knockhill's like cadwell 100% a drivers tracks. It's in the driver not the car, when i worked there i was quicker in their shitty MGTF's than 90% of all the hot hatch day's mob!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
^ Knockhill's like cadwell 100% a drivers tracks. It's in the driver not the car, when i worked there i was quicker in their sh*tty MGTF's than 90% of all the hot hatch day's mob!

how long ago did u work there ?? did/do u know anyone ??
im fairly in with the crew.;)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
EVOgone said:
Im quite sure you will beat it in a straight line (this is not a dispute). Well done.

OOOffff f**king hell - make your mind up ??? :D

£31999.00 Latest jap tec vs £10k home made bucket of s**t

You know how bad youve made the FQ330 look now ???

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
glasgow182 said:
how long ago did u work there ?? did/do u know anyone ??
im fairly in with the crew.;)

In the summer from May to sept. I know most of them, Jonny adam - Races clio cups, Iain inglis, alan brunton, Ian cowie, Gordon sheddon, Derek Butcher.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yup. gordon sheddon raced in something did he not :S
know any of the guys from the skid pan ?

A few....
cliovicky said:
I have a cone filter on my 172 i think it is slowing it down, which is best the standard filter or a proper one with a cold air feed ? or maybe a performance exhaust and the standard air filter?? i like the noise from the air filter thats on it but i am sure it is slowing it down

Also what exactly does a strut brace do ? is it just to make the car handle better? keep it more rigid?

Thanks

Take your car to a rolling road and do a power run, if you go along to an organised 'day' then it'll probably cost £30 to £40. This will give you a BHP and ft/lbs figure as a benchmark. Then swap out the cone filter for the filter of your choice and do another power run and see what the difference is. I'd say that a performance exhaust would be on the Christmas list either way and if I were you I'd fit the exhaust prior to the power runs.

As for strut braces...they are a good idea. They are designed to reduce suspension and inner wing flex. It will make the front end a little sharper and no matter that you don't take it on the track, it's nice when the car feels crisper through the country lanes...that and they look good :D . I'm not convinced that being able to make a strut bar deflect by leaning hard on it means that it's a bad strut brace as they are designed to be strong in compression/expansion between the mounts, if you stood one on it's end and pushed down on it I'm pretty sure it can't be made to shrink by much! Hence it's fit for the job (if mounted securely).

J3ned - you're a fud. I know this is my first post and probably won't win any friends here with that, but you're worth it.

Cheers :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
j3ned said:
Stop tellin lies AJR ;) - you work at ALDI

For the x1000 it Lidl you trout!

Gordon was racing seat cupra's for a season, not sure what he's doing just now. I got fedup of knockhill, was a bit of fun to start with but then all the neds with no brains and showing off to their misses come along and make it crap. Infact the girls were considerably beta drivers than the guys coz they were willin to learn.

Matt you'd prob be quite good on track ya big jesse! lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
G7OWL said:
Take your car to a rolling road and do a power run, if you go along to an organised 'day' then it'll probably cost £30 to £40. This will give you a BHP and ft/lbs figure as a benchmark. Then swap out the cone filter for the filter of your choice and do another power run and see what the difference is. I'd say that a performance exhaust would be on the Christmas list either way and if I were you I'd fit the exhaust prior to the power runs.

As for strut braces...they are a good idea. They are designed to reduce suspension and inner wing flex. It will make the front end a little sharper and no matter that you don't take it on the track, it's nice when the car feels crisper through the country lanes...that and they look good :D . I'm not convinced that being able to make a strut bar deflect by leaning hard on it means that it's a bad strut brace as they are designed to be strong in compression/expansion between the mounts, if you stood one on it's end and pushed down on it I'm pretty sure it can't be made to shrink by much! Hence it's fit for the job (if mounted securely).

J3ned - you're a fud. I know this is my first post and probably won't win any friends here with that, but you're worth it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PMSL! MATT u C UNT! YOu've won 1st prize have a lemon slice.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
lol
and i agree with all the neds now going and ruining it. best days now i think are the hot marques or wotever its called. plus it helps to know ppl there :D
G70WL ... where in scotland u from ?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
G7OWL said:

G7OWL - Your a cocksucker and are probably already a registered user on here anyway thats mates with EVOnone - Why come onto this particular thread and send your 1st post ??? nob

As for Filters, Exhausts and power runs thats all tits like you are capable of fitting - why dont you come and fit your mouth round my pink flute and play me a tune lol :D

Im lurvin this x

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
j3ned said:
OOOffff f**king hell - make your mind up ??? :D

£31999.00 Latest jap tec vs £10k home made bucket of sh*t

You know how bad youve made the FQ330 look now ???

EVO 8s are about 16-19k and its not the latest as the is an EVO 9 out. You dont know much on EVos do you......

For 31k you could buy a S/H EVO8MR 400, which you keep with your car on the straights and leave it for dead around the twisties. Remember std EVO tyres and std clio tyres then it may beat it on the straight aswell.

Im sure whatever the outcome its your mate that smiling..im also glad you have come round to the fact that you know what your car is.

Progress...........

Still note taking the beer and mince pie.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Flute you play horizontally, oboe on the other hand you play vertically... So Pink oboe would be a better used.

This thread had made my day i'm happy now...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
So is my baby gravy!

Gravy.jpg

?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Flute you play horizontally, oboe on the other hand you play vertically... So Pink oboe would be a better used.

This thread had made my day i'm happy now...

Your knowledge of pink flute playing amazes me :D

Lee

BMW M2C
j3ned said:
LOL actually cant believe its not been deleted yet :D

I hope it stays a bit longer. Some of the lads in the office are really loving it. Beats the stuff on their Lotus and MkIV Supra Forums. lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lee u big Ghey, you want a lemon slice too?

They can't delete this thread it's harmless, everyone knows matts a sac of monkey spunk and EVO's are far better cars. Of course 50cc karts and workin at Aldi tops all of it ;)

I have indeed been on the receving end of the pink obeo master player, it was most enjoyable.

Chris is ur baby gravy looks like that son we best hav speaks.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Lee u big Ghey, you want a lemon slice too?

They can't delete this thread it's harmless, everyone knows matts a sac of monkey spunk

LOL - that made me laugh

Your momma is so stupid she got sacked from the M & M factory for throwing away the W's

Nothing like a bit of mother calling to keep the thread going ;)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
j3ned said:
G7OWL - Your a c**ksucker and are probably already a registered user on here anyway thats mates with EVOnone - Why come onto this particular thread and send your 1st post ??? nob

As for Filters, Exhausts and power runs thats all tits like you are capable of fitting - why dont you come and fit your mouth round my pink flute and play me a tune lol :D

Im lurvin this x

Loosing you cool again........thrombosis be careful, breath in through the nose out through the mouth.....repeat until your heart rate slows to an acceptable level.

Its a shame your change in appraoch now is very defensive and agressive. Its usually a sign off frustration as you can not communicate effectively..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
j3ned said:
LOL - that made me laugh

Your momma is so stupid she got sacked from the M & M factory for throwing away the W's

I would have got sacked too, took me at least 10second to get that joke.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
j3ned said:
LOL - that made me laugh

Another example loosing your cool, its really getting to you. You have no other oppotunities as its a case of the

"boy who cried bullshit"

Eventually nobody listens............

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
EVOgone said:
Thats new price numpty...not current price.

Oh given that rule then it should read that yours is 3k max.

3k!! that shed ain't worth a slap in the teeth with a wet fish.

A few....
j3ned said:
Whats that a graph of ??

the amount of Gays that have fisted you within a 5yr period ?? lol

no, it's a graph showing the number of genetically healthy sperm ejaculated by your father that didn't manage to make it to the egg before the single mutant throwback piece of spunk that formed you got there....

Go on, tell me again how fast your car is...straight line or corners I don't mind. Go on, give me a chubby with your numbers. Ya total f.anny.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
G7OWL said:
no, it's a graph showing the number of genetically healthy sperm ejaculated by your father that didn't manage to make it to the egg before the single mutant throwback piece of spunk that formed you got there....

Go on, tell me again how fast your car is...straight line or corners I don't mind. Go on, give me a chubby with your numbers. Ya total f.anny.

pmsl - another cocksucker ive succesfully wound up :D