ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Continental tyres = embarrassing

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
When I got my 172 it had Mich PE2 which were great.

Always run Avons on my others cars so when it cam round to getting new ones I when for the Avon ZV3 and they too just like before were good (no diff between PE2 on grip IMO and tread looks more “sporty” IMO see link if bothered )

http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/?page=tyres&method=detail1&tid=3

The time came around to be replaced again and over the years on here I’ve seen people go on about “Continental sport contact” so for a change I got a set.

I’ve driven 600 miles on they now and grip is fine not seen any really dif between the above, but all they do is squeal.

The slightest of corners and its eerrrrrrreeerrrrrrreerrrrrr all the way around even does it coming out my drive and im doing 10mph max. They are its embarrassing makes you look like a rude-boy racer.

Won’t be getting these again.

steve

mini cooper (RIP 172)
yerr i had conti's and they was great but did make a bit of a squeel round the twisty stuff, but only when goin a bit fast;) i think better the the F1's which ive got on the back now and i'm nat happy with them at all:dapprove:

titanic killer
Yeah contisports on mine had them first then had pe2s now gone back to contisports all round and i cant fault them either

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
My Yoko's squeal and it pisses me off.

yeah i get funny looks from familys in tesco car parks (esp dads who think you are about to murder his kids). the squealing makes you look like a chav.

hopefull ill ge a few more miles/wear on them and they will setledown

Mine have been on the car for 8k and still squeal when going round roundabouts and corners if slightly over normal speeds. Pressures are fine. Get squealing in car parks too. Always have people shaking their head at me lol.

Z4 Roadster
yeah, I had contis on mine when I got it. I didn't find they were very good in the wet though - very poor, plus the squeeling was a touch embarrassing.

Put a set of PE2s on since, and much much betters, especially in the wet - much more confidence inspiring. :)

Clio 172 Cup
are you talking about the Continental PREMIUM CONTACT 2 tyres?

if so, how good are they grip wise?

how much are you paying for them?

just bought a set of OZ superleggra wheels for trackdays and they have two of the mentioned tyres on in very good condtion, while the other two are shagged.

i was thinking of using the two good'ns for a trackday.

are you talking about the Continental PREMIUM CONTACT 2 tyres?

if so, how good are they grip wise?

how much are you paying for them?

just bought a set of OZ superleggra wheels for trackdays and they have two of the mentioned tyres on in very good condtion, while the other two are shagged.

i was thinking of using the two good'ns for a trackday.

The conti 1 is better (its not called a 1 its just not called a 2 or 3) I don't like the 2 or 3 as much as the normal one but there out of production now.

Grip wise the 1 is IMO the best the 2 is good and the 3 is good it just melted a bit quick on circuit when Ii drive the 2's.

Lotus Elise 111R
I love the conti's fantastic tyre, especially in the day, used them on road and track many times with no complaints or squeeling!

Clio 172 Cup
i have a two Continental PREMIUM CONTACT 2 195/50/15 for sale if anyone is interested.

Very good condition with at least 5mm tread.

offers welcome

172Petey

I had avons on the fron when I bought my cup, I thought they were awful. Now have PE2's all round and there brilliant!!

Sold the sport :(
how much are people getting conti sport contacts for? Is 195/45R16V the right size for CS Ph2 172? They are £67.36ea fitted, not sure if thats a good price or not?

Si

CB600FS
Can't fault my Conti Contact Sports 1's grips like anything just wears out too quick I've gone threw a front set in under 10k easy before now using about a quater of the tyre...