ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooked brakes

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Erm I seem to have cooked my brakes :o bit of a weird/scary feeling with foot to teh floor and it barely making a difference :eek:

So I carried on for another 10 miles but much slower and hardly used the brakes although they had come back after a couple of miles.

So do I just need to bleed the brakes? Change the pads? Change the fluid altogther or all of the above?!

Cheers
John
 
Should be, been fine so far. I think it'll just be boiled brake fluid, Id been having 25 miles of country road fun for the first time in a very long time!
 
ello matey,

i did this to my brakes not so long ago..exactly the same senario...country lanes and testing the car...i found my brakes barely worked after a while and the rear drums especially were squeeling. i just left the car for an hour standing with the handbrake off and all was good.

i think it was the 100mph - 30mph in a few secs that did me lol
 
Never as high as 100mph, doubt I went over 80 tbh but very twisty lanes with lots of speeding up and slowing down, just got too much I think. Now that its happened surely it's more likely to happen again?
 
prob best givin the lines a bleed, get a garage to do a free brake test (budget at uphall station) they will clean them also.

i need my front brakes done too...
 
done this last week with mine shat myself! they came back though and working fine, although my pads dont exist anymore and i get grinding metal noises, job for this week lol found myself dropping it into 2nd at 60mph and first at 30mph to stop the thing when i done it
 
Needed new brakes all round last year, front disks & pads and something was wrong with the rear drums. Was over £400 all in all with some other work :(
 
New pads from Halfords the Ferrdo 845 or something like that ae fine with a fully bled braking setup with soem decinet brake fluid.
I never realy had trouble with that even on hard track use if you o want to upgrade DS2500's are the way but there expensive and will boil the expensive fluid dos you need even better stuff and there squeeky.
 
EvilJohn said:
My pads arent worn out but is still worthwhile doing them?
Depedns my last set were cracekd (I'd done about track days one after another incluidng Bedford which killed them). You couldn't tell they were cracked till they were removed.
 
Back
Top