ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's 2009 Honda Civic Type R GT

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Interesting read.

Was considering one as a cheap daily when the VRS goes back.

Loved my old EP3 for the 2 weeks I had it until it was stolen [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
^ What Dan said

The mechanic also said its very clean underneath for a 9 year old Jap car, I'm sure someone else will like the car in the future
Definitely. Altho they're really UK cars surely, ha. And the ep. No jdm scene pts.

I still stick with that they're a great all rounder, despite the flaws like the ride (every car isn't perfect), but you've been burnt by that one. Best to move it on. Like my short ownership of the mps, I hated it bit others think they're great cars and that also has merit

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Definitely. Altho they're really UK cars surely, ha. And the ep. No jdm scene pts.

I still stick with that they're a great all rounder, despite the flaws like the ride (every car isn't perfect), but you've been burnt by that one. Best to move it on. Like my short ownership of the mps, I hated it bit others think they're great cars and that also has merit

Didn’t know you had an MPS. What didn’t you like about it? Completely different drive to the CTR?

I looked at them while looking at my civic.

I love my CTR. Currently in for a new rear Perspex window. I won’t disclose the cost of the parts [emoji15]

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Didn’t know you had an MPS. What didn’t you like about it? Completely different drive to the CTR?

I looked at them while looking at my civic.

I love my CTR. Currently in for a new rear Perspex window. I won’t disclose the cost of the parts [emoji15]
Well it's well documented that I am not a fan of boost! So that wasn't a good start. It wasn't even linear either so when it kicked it it ripped your face off. Cost loads to tax, was really fussy on fuel, front end heavy, crashy suspension and just felt a bit lardy in the bends.
Ctr feels much more nimble, better built (fn2 not ep3) and the revvy engine is more my flavour.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Whats the replacement?
Something more sensible and a lease. Im 46 now and ive owned it for 8 years so its time for a change.
I paid 12.5k for it back then so if I get 3.5-4k for it its been a bargain of a car to run.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Something more sensible and a lease. Im 46 now and ive owned it for 8 years so its time for a change.
I paid 12.5k for it back then so if I get 3.5-4k for it its been a bargain of a car to run.
Should get 4 easy. Just on a proper site not know it all fb

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Even looking at the market I should be able to get 4+ for mine, yours should be worth more!
It could do with a bit of a tidy up if im honest but i' rather just sell and let someone else do the work. It still looks the part with the rages and GP kit though so it should sell.
Needs a carpet which is around £100 on ebay but that's way too much effort for me. Wheels need a refurb etc etc.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It could do with a bit of a tidy up if im honest but i' rather just sell and let someone else do the work. It still looks the part with the rages and GP kit though so it should sell.
Needs a carpet which is around £100 on ebay but that's way too much effort for me. Wheels need a refurb etc etc.

I’ll happily give you 3.5k and take it off your hands....

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Didn't know this. Do you set both the wipers and lights to off?
Yeah only if left for a good while. Will slowly use up charge. Maybe not wipers but definitely the lights. I do both just to be safe now. Bit crap.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
f**k I hate this car

So it (probably) doesn't have xenons, has HIDs

One side is dead.. probably a bulb. Halfords had one (for 42 quid!) but wouldn't fit it

I go on holiday tomorrow and I need to take the piece of s**t car to the airport, so hopefully I don't get stopped by po po (unlikely)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
f**k I hate this car

So it (probably) doesn't have xenons, has HIDs

One side is dead.. probably a bulb. Halfords had one (for 42 quid!) but wouldn't fit it

I go on holiday tomorrow and I need to take the piece of s**t car to the airport, so hopefully I don't get stopped by po po (unlikely)
They wont pull you over, they will be too busy arresting people for thought crimes.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
D2r? You've got hids?

I bought some lumex ones off ebay. Been absolutely spot on. 20 quid a pair. Oem were like 80 each

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Think it's just the colour mate. I wanted more white than blue. The lumex do oem 'k' too
But yeah I think i went a k up

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Xenons and HIDs are the same thing..?

From seeing these driving past, they don’t have projector lenses.

Edit: Wait. Do these just come with halogens as standard and everyone I’ve seen has HIDs fitted aftermarket?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Xenons and HIDs are the same thing..?

From seeing these driving past, they don’t have projector lenses.

Edit: Wait. Do these just come with halogens as standard and everyone I’ve seen has HIDs fitted aftermarket?
I think some people get confused with "xenon" filled bulbs

A xenon HID bulb has no filament in it I believe, and it ignites the xenon gas inside to create the light.

A xenon gas filled bulb is just like a normal filament bulb but has xenon gas inside instead. Marketing b****cks to make them sound better

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I have absolutely no idea.

The facelift fn2 came with hids tho whatever they are.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Easy way to tell what it needs is whether it has washers or not.

Well apart from mine cos the replacement bumper had them built in!
The price for replacement washers and tow eye covers is almost the same price as a bumper. Scandalous