ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corporate AV Solution

Kaspersky is due to expire and the scan performance has become shocking so want rid. Narrowed it to either Eset Nod 32 or Sophos Endpoint - anyone got any experience or feedback in a corporate space as it'll be going on 450 machines so needs central management?

Thanks!

Cupra
We have Mcafee. We've never had a security issue, but the scans are very resource hungry and render computers unusable. Policy, security and management wise, it seems to be okay.

Rav4
Hi,

We used to have Sophos, supporting about 120 desktops.

We now have Kaspersky.

We've had Kaspersky for two years now.

Both Sophos and Kaspersky have been very good.

The control panels and reports on both are very helpful, their customer support is great.

We moved from Sophos as it was our renewal and Kaspersky was cheaper.

I say, try both out. Small subset, say of 10 desktops each, then evaluate how if they meet each of your requirements.

:)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Out of those 2 I prefer Sophos. Not sure if ESET have updated things since I last used them (a year or so ago) but the GUI was a horribly dated looking thing and wasn't the most intuitive to use.

But nevertheless it did seem to work well, but we were only using it on a handful of DMZ machines. I think managing a large number with it could be annoying/frustrating.

Fiesta ST
We're a Sophos partner and I got all my clients on Sophos. Support is pretty good when you need it and deployment is simple enough.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
We use Sophos at work. Seems great. Think i will use it at home when mine needs renewed as its free for me anyway.

I have Kaspersky at the moment I think its got slower lately too!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Symantec Endpoint.
Vast improvement over Symantec AV 10.x and SEP 11.x (and earlier Norton versions).

We use this on over 2,500 machines centrally managed and 90 + individual networks with SEP managers of their own. The reporting is superb - the only negative is definition size and getting them to remote sites with poor connectivity speeds - although the use of GUPs has aided that somewhat - but its still not as good as it should be.

Piloted Trend, Kaspersky and Sophos and the reporting won us over with SEP.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
We're using Avast at work. We have a few issues with the mail scanner but other than that I rate it very highly. TBH I think it is the way our Exchange is configured that's causing the issues.

Thanks for all of your feedback - looks like I should give Sophos a bit more attention. I agree with the Eset interface comments but they're in beta stages of a new console for a rebranding from Nod32 to Endpoint.

My biggest worry was replacing everything with something that has a poor history of detection and crap system performance - unfortunately every review you read is backed by a particular vendor which is always biased !

Clio 182 Cup
I am using Eset on a corporate site and have no problems with it for the last few years. I use the server app to handle the updates and inform me of any problems with any of the pcs's. We moved away from sophos due to the cost of it and the amount of resources it uses on the pcs. Eset so far has not missed a single virus.