ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

couple of head unit changing questions

Elise/VX220/R26

Right Ive got a pioneer head unit and an autoleads adapter. Ive removed the old cd player and I have a little yellow connector vlock that wont go into either the pioneer or my adapter?

Also the autoleads instructions are useless and the diagrams (hand drawn) dont make sense. Has anyone done this combination before and can give me some pointers lol!!

Elise/VX220/R26

just been back to the shop as I figured out that they have given me the wrong lead!

Surprise surprise the one I need has to be ordered so I wont have it until the end of the week, but the bloke in the shop said you have to take the top off the dashboard to plug this in??

Um ive got a pioneer DEH 6400r and i did not need any special lead.

I just removed the old lead from the back of the (tape player) of the clio and inserted it in to the new head unit.

One of the blocks will not fit but this is due to the steering wheel control. Otherwise it should just fit no problems

Elise/VX220/R26

Yeah Ive got the head unit in now but it was the stalk adapter that was left over and wouldnt fit into the autoleads adapter they gave me (it was for a mk1). Never had a pioneer HU before and Ive got to say theyre sweet.