ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CRASHED this morning...

cliokhunt said:
it's a natural reaction that's hardwired into us.

Not always true, a few years back in my Metro Gta I had a lock up situation. Impact on its way...thankfully I was able to modulate the pedal (crudely) enough for me to be able to steer around. Luckily I was able to do it as there wasn't anything coming the other way.

Still, ABS is always going to help in an emergency stop in the wet.

But anyway...please not another ABS debate ;)

Sorry to hear about accident :(

172 Cup (2003)
It may be worth talking to your insurance anyway. I get to make 1 claim and not lose my no claims.

Take a look over your policy documents at least.

Glad you're alright though, thats the main thing:D

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yeah she wasnt too bad so if it comes down to it ill have to nip round there, work a bit of the ol' 'magic' and hope she forgets all about it :)

I havn't heard from her today at all, im hoping to god it stays that way. Just done a DIY repair on the headlamp at work, pics up later. Ive basically just taped a big bit of shrink wrap across it, looks very ghetto.

I really cant see going through the insurance being a good idea at all. Iv got bits of my drum kit on ebay now to help finance it :-S.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Roy Munson said:
Not always true, a few years back in my Metro Gta I had a lock up situation. Impact on its way...thankfully I was able to modulate the pedal (crudely) enough for me to be able to steer around. Luckily I was able to do it as there wasn't anything coming the other way.

Still, ABS is always going to help in an emergency stop in the wet.

But anyway...please not another ABS debate ;)

Sorry to hear about accident :(

I forgot to include this.

But as you said, you locked up in a crash situation. Hard wired.

However, if you have a few seconds, and you know what you're doing, then yes, you can let the wheels start moving again in an aid to slow down.

Or if you're on a track, and there is a crashed car in your way, you may well slam on the brakes, but as you're in that concentrating state of mind, you can control it.

It's literally where you're going to crash in the next few seconds, and you don't have time to start pumping the pedal where ABS helps. But.. It does help.

nothing, blown up!
lewisniven said:
no, she was a bit of an ametuer, she didnt even take my reg number. she took 'Lewis' and my mob number, ive since txt her my address tho.
sounds of uve pulled.
hope u sort out mate

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i agree, ABS is fantastic and it does help. It is however superflous as my car doesnt have it, regardless of helpful it is, lol. Im dreading getting the qoute through for the repair on her car tho.

It does help you steer around things, but that's no good if there's no where to safely steer to. IMO if you've left it so late that you have locked your wheels, the only benefit of having ABS would mean you'll hit the car infront with the wheels still rotating ;)

Damn the ABS debate! :D

Clio 172 mk2
Roy Munson said:
It does help you steer around things, but that's no good if there's no where to safely steer to. IMO if you've left it so late that you have locked your wheels, the only benefit of having ABS would mean you'll hit the car infront with the wheels still rotating ;)

Damn the ABS debate! :D

Let's talk more about ABS shall we:D