ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS vs Food - The Flaming Burger Challenge

The East Midlands "ClioSport vs Food" Challenge

The Flaming Burger Challenge

burger.jpg

So here it is sports fans, here it is. The thread that we've all been waiting for.

For those not in the know, the challenge is as follows: http://www.flaminggrillpubs.com/fg/pages/food-and-drinks/challenge-burger/c

Who dares to demolish the Flaming Burger?!!

Here's a quick rundown of the details:
Where: Sherwin Arms, Bramcote, Nottingham, NG9 3JN
When: Either the 4th or 5th July (Wednesday/Thursday) - Please state preferred date
Time: Not sure yet. Everyone needs to say what times best for them.
How much will it cost: The menu says £9.99 for the challenge, plus then whatever drinks you have.
What do I win: If you manage to defeat the burger, you get your name and photo on their Wall of Fame. Boom.

So, if you are man enough to try this challenge, get your names down. Anybody is welcome. The more, the merrier. Should be a good laugh.

1. Harpham (either day - i'm good with whatever time)

340i
2. Gray
(either day - i'm good with whatever time)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I thought this was happening on a weekend in the second half of July :dapprove:

Inferno 225 cup
2.Gray (either day - I'm good with whatever time )
3.Clarkey182 (Jacob) preferably Thursday after 4?

2.Gray (either day - I'm good with whatever time )
3.Clarkey182 (Jacob) preferably Thursday after 4?
4.daveski (dunno why I am putting myself through this again) Wednesday anytime, has to be 730 or later on Thursday for me.

I've done that challenge at the one in Lincoln. Took me 4 attempts but I did it.
Got the certificate and everything

I am NEVER eating one again lol, I thought I was dying for 2 days afterwards

Nissan 350z
2. Gray (either day - I'm good with whatever time )
3. Clarkey182 (Jacob) preferably Thursday after 4?
4. Daveski (dunno why I am putting myself through this again) Wednesday anytime, has to be 730 or later on Thursday for me.
5. SarGara (can do either day, Wednesday prefered)

I told my work mates about this burger challenge and now we're doing it on Thursday 28th and now again a week later with CS? fml :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
We did this the other month... it's harder than it looks. I just got a mixed grill and laughed at Seb attempting it.

When I finished it the guy told me the burger is 5,000 calories :|

The trick is to eat FAST. It doesn't look a lot but trust me after 10mins when the burgers have gone cold your jaw hurts so much

Remove bread bun, cut the meat up and eat as quickly as humanly possible, then whack all the chips in the bread bun, cut it into quarters, dip it in loads of sauce and eat till you feel like you're gonna die lol

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It must be bigger in real life as on that picture I reckon I could nail that no problem.

Spicy chilli beef scares me though - I'm a pussy with spicy foods - even a zinger tower burger blows my head off!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I would love to do it and reckon I could eat it all. I just don't like a lot of the stuff on it.

Neither do I but I still had a go. Scraped the chilli beef off and put the chicken to the side and tucked in.

Love how everyone thinks they can do it tho! It's 24oz of burger! Not including the chilli, bread, chips etc. You honestly get the insides exploding feeling after the buger!

When I took the photo in the OP I should have had something in the shot to show scale.

I love how all the people who have never done it are saying its so easy though, will be good to see their faces when they're half way through.

i think id probs do it as iv been out for a meal and ate a 12oz beef burger plus the missus chicken burger followed up by a mega ice cream sundae and then 4 hours later i had a tripple burger which is 3x1/4 burger plus the chips etc... shame i hate chilli

Last edited:
im gonna have to try it next time i take my missus out for food as she already says getting a 12oz burger is rediculous 2 start with so will be interesting to see her face lol

Suzuki Jimny
It's a hell of a challenge. I had to have extra chips to change the texture, it's so beefy!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm up for this again... I have a cunning plan that will enable me to finish the chips this time.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I would love to do it and reckon I could eat it all. I just don't like a lot of the stuff on it.

Id travel for this challenge but im same as above... All food challenged have some s**t in them i cant stand :(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What I really love about it is that this dish is priced at £9.99 each and it makes everything else on the menu look like a rip-off.

The wife works alternate weeks and it's in the evenings. Who's managing the dates because I really want to come to this meat.

340i
Mick,

I don't think stuffing the chips up your arse counts as finishing the meal ;) if that's your cunning plan!?

182 Cup
Either day works for me, would be better towards 7ish for me though onboth days. Could make it earlier if needs be:)

What I really love about it is that this dish is priced at £9.99 each and it makes everything else on the menu look like a rip-off.

The wife works alternate weeks and it's in the evenings. Who's managing the dates because I really want to come to this meat.

That's why I end up having it every time I go in - because a normal burger is like £7.99 and the challenge burger is epic even if you only eat half of it

Matt - how long did it take you to finish?

Yup, we'll be able to take more if we absolutely tank it at the start. Our body won't register that we're full as quickly iirc.

Ill give this until Wednesday for people to get their names down and their preferred day, then make a decision what day/time to do it on, so that people have a week to make any necessary arrangements.
Shall I book a table, or are we just going to roll up, like a BAUS, and order about 10x burgers ;)!