ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup/172 Reliability

PB 182 (1 of 29)

Having got loads of reponse from my mpg question I am seriously considering a Cup, however I have read a fair few of the reviews on the web (especially carsurvey.org) and am frightened by the horror stories on there.

What are your views/experiences where the reliability of the Cup is concerned?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Although not perfect, its always just silly little things and always sorted out under warranty, so not really a big problem...

When I got my Cup brand new I had a few initial niggles in the first few weeks of ownership, but now (touch wood) its been fine.

Everytime I drive the car I enjoy it, and can put up with the odd minor issue!

Yep, as above - superb car, excellent value, in races its like the David and Goliath scenario, and pluses far out weigh the minuses and all that. Once you get in it and go for a blast, youre in your own little world, just you and the Cup against the world, ;) the odd rattle hear and there drowned out by the induction roar of an IK, and its superb!!!

ive had a couple of niggly rattles, exhaust snapped at the catalyst join, clutch replacement (my fault for abusing it). Obviously all sorted under warranty. Other than that, its been the best and most entertaining 30,000 miles ive ever done!!

Recommended.

Clio Williams No123

I cant complain, other than I have to take it to the shop on thursday to get the stereo fixed.

Everytime i change the volume it locks the track skip thing out and displays and error message.

Ghey.

between me and hubby we have done 138,000 miles in 172s/Cup - had nothing that has kept the car off the road in all those miles + 25,000 in a DCi as well !

if you get a bad one, you get a bad one - but you could get that with any car - whether it is a Renault or a BMW, a Cup or a diesel

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by CUP80Y on 23 February 2004Once you get in it and go for a blast, youre in your own little world, just you and the Cup against the world

ADDITIONAL:

Please note this mental condition called "the Cup effect" only afflicts drivers of the 172 Cup model, normal 172 drivers are not affected. :p

Before this turns into a 172 vs cup argument (do you think 182 owners will argue with the 182 cup bolt on option pack owners?;)) As a proper cup owner I would recommend a 172 as a daily driver as it aint that much slower but has all the toys you would require doing lots of miles. I know as my high miler co car is a fully loaded GTI trim Golf!