ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Dealer Price

172, Tiguan

Guys, have just been in to place an order for my Silver Cup WITH CLIMATE, (that bits important)

List price is £13695

What seriously do you expect i should be aiming at? They said they could manage 5% of list, which brought the price down to £13000 (approx)

I wasnt to pleased with that price, so didnt order one, they couldnt even match jamjar - (£12818) However ill give them 24hrs and go back.

This is for a genuine UK car with full 3yrs warrenty.

Ill wait for your replies with baited breath............. Cheers

for a new cup, i was offered £11.9k vs £12.9k, so you should be able to secure at least a grand off, about £12.7k or slightly better. The fact you want a silver/aircon will cost you slightly more cos you cant get an existing car

172, Tiguan

Must admit was holding out for about a grand! There must be more than 5% to play with.

Try HSBC car choice they will save you at least £2000 off the list price! They can also provide very good finance deals.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Might be better off paying a bit more and getting a standard 172. Bigger discounts seem to be available.

Skoda Fabia vRS

well the employees get about 22% off, he is probably wanting to meet a target so hence trying to keep the price high, if you leave it he will probably ring you back with a better price as he wont want to miss out on the sale

oh, and im pretty sure all the non UK cars get full 3 year warranty from Renault, you just have to write to em or summat ?....im not that clued up on that area...

172, Tiguan

Hes already phoned, though still not low enough, its regarding the monthly payments. Told him to try harder.

My dealer said he couldnt go below list price as they the cups are very hard to get hold off and in great demand....then said if i signed i could have one i 2 weeks! :p

Try http://www.broker4cars.co.ukwww.broker4cars.co.uk guy who runs the place is sound and its uk sourced, you pay renault for the car and they will deliver it to you, much better priced than jamjar

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 19 June 2003

I imagine its quite hard to order a silver cup! :confused:

Your Selections*

Price including value added tax (VAT)

Model

New Clio

Version

Renaultsport 172 Cup 2.0 16V - 3Dr
£ 13,000.00

Exterior Colour

Metallic Paint
£ 0.00

Iceberg Silver

Trim

Mossa Cloth Upholstery
£ 0.00

Dashboard

Contemporary Dark Trim

Options

Climate Control
£ 695.00

Pollen Filter & Air Recirculation
£ 0.00

Manufacturers On the Road R.R.P.*

£ 13,695.00

See....its going to take a while before people accept silver Cups.

I was quoted £11900 a few weeks back, which was 8%.

Mick, how did you manage to get one for £10995??

You can buy the car straight from them, they will give you a cost price much less then any dealer, My girlfriend bought a brand new micra ad the old dear bought a brand new VTR the dealerships could not get an where near the cost price that HSBC came up with, not even i the same ball park! Calling them up and talking to them is the best bet instead of trying to get your head round the website.

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 19 June 2003

£11579.70

thats for a 172 Cup from www.broker4cars.co.uk
Only £300 less than main dealer for a pre-regd car. Not that great.

My local dealer had one in stock at the time....maybe they really needed the sale before xmas ? I didnt question them just collected it a.s.a.p. Spoke to a friend in the trade at the time who tried to get one cheaper but he came back and said buy it....:D

Quote: Originally posted by jonm on 19 June 2003

So if they quote me £10500 for a CUP I send them a cheque for £10500 and thats it?

Yep they will give you 2 prices a cash price (just give them then money) or a Finance deal (over 3 or 5 years)

172, Tiguan

Reno just got back to me. Theyve knocked a grand of list, therefore with the climate its £12695, without itd be 12k.

Think this is fair enough, theyve made an effort, and got back to me numerous times now.

Placing order at lunch.

:D

jon_r - which dealer are you using? i tried to bargin with one last night on a 172 and he wasnt budging - discount of 600 quid off the list price and a terrible trade in offer - left shortly after that as was a waste of my time

172, Tiguan

Crawley Down Group. Luckily mate is the salesman im dealing with. He said straight up that threre was only 7% in the car, and in the end thats what i got.

eventually