ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Full Lock Over Bumps

Embarrassed to say

My cup makes a squeeking noise when I apply full lock and move slowly over bumps, is this normal? I have also heard like rubbing noises, also on full lock and moving slowly.

Other than this and banging under acceleration, this is the best car I have ever had. Such a fun car to drive, finding I am driving about with no destination in mind just looking for good roads.

Dreading taking it to the dealer to get it soughted, hope they treat it nicely.

Mine squeeks a bit on carpark potholes on full lock...

Ive put it down to the extra castor angle / alignment which I assume also causes the front suspension to rattle on some tight corners. The Cup altered geometry up front doesnt seem to fit too well in the bodyshell, but I can forgive all of this because the car handles brilliantly.

Im with you all the way on "finding the right road" and "the right garage".

Embarrassed to say

Your right all is forgiven, the cars wonderful abilities make up for it. Tend to try and ignore the loose engine mount problem I have.

Going to get the group n ecu when I take my cup to the garage so its not a total waste of time of work. They said they sell some kind of bonnet which gives more top end, have yet to see a 172 with such though.

I also noticed that when the engine is cold on deceleration the car feels like its going to stall, and when lifting the clutch up theres like a clicking noise from the underneath/rear of the car.

Its the suspension top rubbing on the turret top as with large amount sof SAI mcPhereson struts have to run with the high negative offset wheels to get a decent ground intersect means there is alot of camber change when you steer away from the car.

There is a fix that involved removing a little bit of material and repainting.