ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Pulling to left under heavy breaking

172 cup
Hi guys

Just noticed that my car nose dives to the left under heavy braking and also think I can hear a knocking noise, I've done a search that it may be a sticky caliper!!. which caliper would be causing me the issue (drivers side?) and how could you check this is the problem when on axle stands? now that I've noticed its happening its annoying me.

I had a quick look at the shocks and checked they went back into position after compressing them and cant see any leaks or anything.

Thanks.

monaco blue 172 ..
mine was doing the same and turned out to be the front drivers side caliper sticking on the sliders.......

172 cup
Oh crap that's new driveshaft time aint it. It only does it when nearly reaching full lock in both directions, so could that mean both driveshafts are fubared?.
I'll be jacking it up later so is there anything I could look at to see if its knackered.

PH2 Flamer
Mine was driver side, did it on full lock both ways.

Jack it up, and grab the shaft and tug lol.

You soon know if its faulty because it will have play.

Passenger side has some (tiny) movement, which is normal, So could compare it to that one.

PH2 Flamer
Mine was driver side, did it on full lock both ways.

Jack it up, and grab the shaft and tug lol.

You soon know if its faulty because it will have play.

Passenger side has some (tiny) movement, which is normal, So could compare it to that one.

PH2 Flamer
Sorry for double post.

Dan got me a recon unit from Renault, basically a brand new unit half the price.

Think it was around 120. Will check when I'm home. Also give yours back as a surcharge and its less.

PH2 Flamer
For info, I did get one from renparts before the recon, and it was just as bad. Can't check the inner cv until it has a load on it.

172 cup
Thanks again, I was planning to go to Dans for a suspension overhaul next month but think this is my priority to get fixed lol
Going to have to weigh up the cost and see if I can leave some of the other stuff out and get a new shaft instead.

Going to just double check the shaft to see if it has some play to make sure it deffo is that

172 cup
Weather was crap today so had no chance to clean the sliders up, but I did some other things to remedy the brake problem!! the n/s/f tyre pressure was low so put some air into it and seems to not pull as much to the left. I'm still going to clean the sliders just to be sure as when braking hard can defo hear a rumbling like noise.

When trying to get to the sliders is it a case of doing a front pad change i.e carrier bolts off, carrier out of the way then do the sliders just pull out or need to be undone? never changed pads or discs on a clio before.

Can the driveshaft issue im getting cause the brake problems I have??

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
I had clicking in my steering and also when I accelerated and pulled of you would hear a clunk took it to the garage and it just happened to be loose wheel nuts tightened up and was ok, they did suspect the CV joint though so could be that mate.

172 cup
Had time before the rain to check front brakes today.

Greased up all the sliders none were sticky to begin with though, checked for damage to pads and discs and they're fine. so reassembled (sp?) and cleaned with brake cleaner.
Wheel bolts all done up to 105nm and they weren't loose before.
Also checked all the cv boots on each shaft and all were free from splits, still intact.

Just need to test hard braking when road surface is dry now. Before I did any of this when it was dry it definitely seems as if the back end is trying to overtake, as said before nose diving to left. hopefully everythings ok and cant think what else may cause the issues

172 cup
Ok i'll have to check it tomorrow now to see if it has play as it started to p*ss it down and wanted to get the brakes done lol.

PH2 Flamer
Lol. I know the feeling. I've got a shitty knock from somewhere. Can't work it out. And dephaser is shot.

Have emailed dan, but no reply yet. Need it sorted ASAP. Pissing me off.

Hope you get it sorted dude.

172 cup
They're a nightmare aren't they.
Took a few days for him to reply to mine but that was over bank hol weekend I sent it so don't blame him lol

Yeah you to mate hope yours gets sorted, I know one way to sort mine and that involves petrol and a match

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Lol. I know the feeling. I've got a s**tty knock from somewhere. Can't work it out. And dephaser is shot.

Have emailed dan, but no reply yet. Need it sorted ASAP. Pissing me off.

Hope you get it sorted dude.

just got back from a stag do. mondays job