ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup - whats your max speed

On a private bit of road I seen about 146/147mph on the speedo last night. Shift light came on at 140mph on the nose and bounced the rev limiter once at 146/147mph

My Road Angel said 143mph. This was about 2 mile straight, slight downslope for about a mile then flat, only myself in the car.

If anybody thinks about complaining about going fast, then dont.

Clio

celica 125 mph then it bounces off the limiter :cry: IT CAN DO WAY MORE

clio 1.2 16v . 116 or just a notch over 115 (waz down a hill thou) lol

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 30 September 2004

not far out at all then the speedo!
At 30 on the speedo, GPS is 27mph. It would appear that the gap almost stays the same as the speed increases.

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

138, not proud of it when i think about it now (makes me think what a prat i was doing that speed) but it did honestly feel like it could go faster

why not change to name of the thread to "How many people can lose their license in a sentence?" im joking before someone points out that you cant be arrested for saying you got 139mph on the M1.

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 30 September 2004

i got just over 140 out of mine on the spa trip (racing track ofcourse)
I cant remember what sat nav read the speed at tho! Its normally only a couple of mph over what sat nav says.

ive seen 140 on the speedo it was quite stable my question is to ian... how did you manage to take the pic? you must have Balls of steel!?!

i can only get up to about 138 where it just doesn t seem to have any more in it. it has a full system on it but bigger wheels. but the acceleration seems to be quicker than normal cups very strange

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

my speedo hit the limiter at a similar speed somewhere like the photo above around 148mph....strange though it wasnt like the limiter in 2nd or 3rd just a steady woooahh there laddy...

ian

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 30 September 2004

i got just over 140 out of mine on the spa trip (racing track ofcourse)
I cant remember what sat nav read the speed at tho! Its normally only a couple of mph over what sat nav says.
i think the gps may have been reading about 225........

unfortunately it was set to kph!

it still had some left to go but we were coming up to a corner and it was a bit damp so i thought the best course of action was to brake!

182, GTR, C63

I had 135 on the m18 on the way back from donny at night and 135 on the m1 at night. I cant be arested for it though as i might just be showing off or making it up. 135 was easy to get to but it started to slow a little. Cudnt be bothered to go any faster as you dont get any kick out of it at all. Rather throw it into bends ect but i just did it to see ho easily it can achive such speed. Do it with every car i get. Id probably not bother if i had a car that would do over 170mph as thats just silly;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I always get nervous at 130ish and end up backing off, not worth getting caught doing those speeds....youll end up picking up soap in the prison showers!!

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by DoddCup on 30 September 2004

I had 135 on the m18 on the way back from donny at night and 135 on the m1 at night. I cant be arested for it though as i might just be showing off or making it up. 135 was easy to get to but it started to slow a little. Cudnt be bothered to go any faster as you dont get any kick out of it at all. Rather throw it into bends ect but i just did it to see ho easily it can achive such speed. Do it with every car i get. Id probably not bother if i had a car that would do over 170mph as thats just silly;)

Trust me you would !!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 30 September 2004

Trust me you would !!!
show off with your cleo cup

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 30 September 2004

Trust me you would !!!
show off with you cleo cup

*innocent face* What DO you mean dave ;)

quick question here, I have seen 135 on the clock in a 1.4 16v (01) and it was still rising, but a slight "situation" meant the brakes were "dabbed" and steering "altered" in a bit of a hurry!

is that spec car meant to do that? 135 and still goin from a 1.4??? or could that just mean its been well run in and looked after?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by HazzyP on 30 September 2004

quick question here, I have seen 135 on the clock in a 1.4 16v (01) and it was still rising, but a slight "situation" meant the brakes were "dabbed" and steering "altered" in a bit of a hurry!

is that spec car meant to do that? 135 and still goin from a 1.4??? or could that just mean its been well run in and looked after? <SCRIPT language=javascript>
kph right?

nono mph, straight up on my life i swear it. I didnt think it was technically possible until I saw it myself. Is it a freak engine perhaps? Its totally standards as well, no IK, standard renault xhaust, its fed regular petrol and various other additives for valves n that however, maybe that helps?

<SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by HazzyP on 01 October 2004 at 12:18am]

Quote: Originally posted by HazzyP on 01 October 2004

nono mph, straight up on my life i swear it. I didnt think it was technically possible until I saw it myself. Is it a freak engine perhaps? Its totally standards as well, no IK, standard renault xhaust, its fed regular petrol and various other additives for valves n that however, maybe that helps?
Speedos can be out significantly at high speed.

Bets use the rev counter sine 100rpm is about 20mpg if I remember in top then youd need to be doing 7k which is impossible as far as I remember.

120mph is probably closer to the mark.

Going down a hill can add 10% extra speed on.

Quote: Originally posted by HazzyP on 30 September 2004

you would be doing very well as the gearbox hits its limit at 124.8mph on the limiter

same ratios as used in the 1.2 16v, and 1.6 16v IIRC

whats this limiter business then? at "130" again today @ just over the 5200 mark. Is it suppost to stop at a certain speed or something, coz it just keeps on goin. Yes I dont know much bout limiters and the likes but I can only go off what I see and once again I nearly sh*t myself overtaking, at least he used indicators tho, not sure what use they were coz no1 could see us comin, lol.

is that abnormal for this type and spec car? I aint gotta clue but it felt very fast but didnt stop goin, altho after 100 its pick up was slowing, past 120 it was crawling up.

sounds to me like your speedo is completely screwed

ive no doubt that the speedo was reading such a figure, but the maximum speed from the gearbox is 124.8 mph, same reason my old 1.2 16v never actually hit 127mph, even though it was indicated, this was more likely to be 116mph in real terms

realistically at 5200rpm in 5th you will be seeing speeds around 100mph in a 1.6 16v

Ha Ha, i remember Big Iain showing me that pic on his camer phone when he arrived at a Clio meet - outstanding. I wouldnt have the balls to take my hands off the wheel, even if I had the balls to get to such a speed in the first place.

Remapped derv Golf

Touched 155 in the Evo2. Surprisingly little effort! More to go. Saw 135 in 4th I seem to remember.

Never been over 100 in the Cup. Not really many empty roads in the S/east.