ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup - whats your max speed

looks like the diagnostics check to me

press in stalk control button and turn ignition to acc position, runs a diagnostics check (i think) plays about with the speedo and rev counter

may be the source of the photo?????

149 on a deserted motorway chasing a type R civic

Gps said 151 and then the limiter cut in .

next morning bith my foglights were cracked from fly stones but worth it !!

Burgandy 174 sport t

Quote: Originally posted by bambam1 on 02 October 2004

looks like the diagnostics check to me

press in stalk control button and turn ignition to acc position, runs a diagnostics check (i think) plays about with the speedo and rev counter

may be the source of the photo?????

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>
I can assure ya mate its not, plus Im sure half the dash lights up too

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

ive had 143 out the 172 wi ravo in the car

an 150 wi loads of revs left in the focus! Left the clios for dead eh dave an tom;) This bloody black cleo cup thing flew past tho.

Quote: Originally posted by andyb on 02 October 2004

149 on a deserted motorway chasing a type R civic

Gps said 151 and then the limiter cut in .

next morning bith my foglights were cracked from fly stones but worth it !!
? Is the gearing different on a 182 to a 172? Also very seldom that the speedo reads lower than GPS.

135mph in a 1.4 and still pulling??

Ill speak the truth, you are talking bullsh*t!! Your not a 14 yr old dreamboy making this up are you? Do you even have a car?

Everyone nowadays has a camera phone, Ill send you a £50 cheque if you produce a real picture of your speedo doing 135mph at 5200 rpm.

You do not have a special car, you have a 1.4 engined clio capable of around 110mph!!

Lunatic!!!!

VaVa

lol... alright Mitchy lad, calm down!! We all made up tales about top speeds and the like when we were younger......... (didnt we?!!).

Its not impossible that the guys speedo showed 135...... but actually believing that its correct is a lot naieve (sp?). My Astra 1.4 used to do 125 flat out on the speedo. My mate driving alongside in his 5 series BMW said he was doing "a shade over 110"....

My 172 has been close to Mach 2 before now. At least thats what it feels like doing over a ton in a Clio....:sick:

thing is. the 172 can do 137mph at best i rekon. ive had 142 on the clock so take into account speedo error and youl see that most people on here who get 145-147 out of cup/172/182 are actually only getting 138-140 at best.

IMO

Remapped derv Golf

I know on the Audi A3, Golfs and Focus you can change the MPG display to say MPH can this be done on the Clio?

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 02 October 2004

thing is. the 172 can do 137mph at best i rekon. ive had 142 on the clock so take into account speedo error and youl see that most people on here who get 145-147 out of cup/172/182 are actually only getting 138-140 at best.

IMO
Yeah, would agree with the speedo error bit here but as for my angel showing 143, speedo about 147? Can GPS be argued with?

The 172 speedo as proven many times to be out, only by a few mph at every speed. Certainly in my car, 27mph on the angel is 30 on the clock and 100 on the angel is about 96.

Quote: Originally posted by MAC30L on 02 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 02 October 2004

IMO
Yeah, would agree with the speedo error bit here but as for my angel showing 143, speedo about 147? Can GPS be argued with?

The 172 speedo as proven many times to be out, only by a few mph at every speed. Certainly in my car, 27mph on the angel is 30 on the clock and 100 on the angel is about 96.

fair enough. so i guess the 172 can (on a slope) hit 140 them. i thought as much. renault must underestimate to keep the insurance grp down.

Had 130 on the clock in my 106 gti on the A66 back from scotland and had a few more rpm to go but bottled it, a bit scary in a 106 at that speed on bendy ish roads!!

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

well I reached 135mph in Clio cup on the track and loads more to go and it was still pulling. I only ran out of road for the next corner.

I got 125 out of mine with an undercover copper on my tail racin...I mean chasing me. :(

b*****d.

Probably took it to 135 on an earlier occasion with plenty more to go.