ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Bad luck with the waterpump mate, love this car. Should there be any benefits with the new airbox?

Coupe/Defender V8

Bad luck with the waterpump mate, love this car. Should there be any benefits with the new airbox?

I seem to luck out a lot though I only spotted this due to a puddle at work from the previous day

I've not had much luck with the air socks so felt I'd try out a closed system. We will see if it proves to be of worth or not, truthfully I don't know!

Coupe/Defender V8

Still draining!

boss mans brakes on his 4S.

can fit a 20p piece in there and it'll stick. Only 5k till next major service lol

CLIO PH1 172

lol swap what my brace for your bonnet ;) seriously tho il be keeping the bonnet over the brace tbh lol :D

Coupe/Defender V8

Bike's not my department mate. My flat mate (joe) also uses this account. & if you're talking about the mean looking black down hill job which is sitting in the other room. Looks pretty finished ;)

Coupe/Defender V8

I couldn't give you a book figure chap - I'd like to. I'll try..

It's certainly not shy. lol

Coupe/Defender V8

all quiet on the clio front. multiple reasons. one being this:

more to come in a couple of weeks :)

53 Clio's & counting

Lol ok i tried to look lost lol, I really cant wait! ;)

Oh and the updates coming Tuesday night ;)

Coupe/Defender V8

bit of a shopping list today. Need rocker resealed so belts are coming off - just as well if you have a gander at the pic below.

So not only are the seals fitted ..er wrong the rocker isn't sealed properly after the cams were fitted last year. Maybe we shouldn't go into that one..

Any who the plugs were black as your hat where the car was getting wayyy too much fuel down low so replaced these with another set of NGK-Rs.

P.S Thanks a mill to Matt at TDF for mapping the car it's now super crisp and will defo be going back there for some tweaks with the new airbox soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the non renault item of todays spree.

More to come in the next 5 weeks or so

Cheers

Coupe/Defender V8

they are a year old. Last checked last november, were fine. Now.. they don't look so fine do they really

53 Clio's & counting

Must have been really really bad to do that to a set of plugs! How many miles roughtly on them?

Coupe/Defender V8

5 or 6k roughly.. runs alot crisper with a new set in - oh and obviously a proper map. still need to get the cam cover resealed though. In good time

Coupe/Defender V8

Matt at TDF last month, spent 4-5 hours on it. Basically scrapped the whole thing more or less.

It's a very unpleasant tale

340i

ekkk... Matt is a TOP guy though, defiantly gone to the correct place!! what else has been "rectified" on the car :S

How is it driving now, making good / better power?

Coupe/Defender V8

It all started with a defective airfilter. Which tried to suck some nice bits of metal down my engine but thankfully I spotted it in the nick of time.

The car then went to a certain company to rectify the map for the socks this but for some reason no dyno was involved...just a few changes here and there on the fly..... . The car is running a lot better now and made (on those shagged plugs) and on the socks it made reasonable power 196bhp. Could of got more out of it but at the time I was fuming about the state of the map. It runs SO much better now like a completely different car.

AFR was originaly 13.8:1 under load. You could see the different in power that he found by richening the mixture to 13:1. Took the car out yesterday and pulled a good few lengths on a few pokey motors so it's performing. Just glad I got matt to look at it when I did.

Coupe/Defender V8

ho-hum.. I'm done with that story anyway would rather just not go there... should be all good from here on in

Status
Not open for further replies.