ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

2005 182 cliosport
looking mint!
gives me some slight keen to fit my trophy replica spoiler....just cant be bothered to get it sprayed....

top notch!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Today or tomorrow I'm picking up some Michelin pilot sport 3s.

@bashracing pointed me in the direction of some for £100 for 4 with 6.5mm avg tread on them in 15" size so I'm going to fit them to my team dynamics.

I decided I may as well actually use the 15s for what they're for rather than buying more wheels.

Then just use the ps3s after the track day as I think they're an incredible all rounder. Obviously not a track day tyre in any way shape or form but they'll be much better than my rainsport 3s

Pics later

Arctic 182
With the exception of the tail pipes i think it looks spot on!

When you fitted the washer blanks what did you use to block the pipes up?

Renault Clio 172
Good decision mate, i dont bother with a spare set of wheels and just stick to the 16" turinis, for the amount of trackdays I do i dont see the point, the 1.2's look mint on yours

Arctic 182
Do you not like the size?

I just bent them over themselves and cable tied them mate.
Cool, will probably swap mine over in next few weeks. Thought they might have been disconnected at the pump.

Tailpipes dont look bad as such, bit too big IMO. All other mods are bang on though, trophy spoiler makes a real difference to he booty

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Those PS3's will have been through a very good heat cycle and have a hard layer, use them on the road for a week or two just to scrub them in again and take that hard layer off.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up the tyres they are currently chilling in my boot!

So good for the price, and he has hundreds in stock too. Massive thanks for that Dave - you always help me with this car :up::up: Appreciate it.

I have just received some black poly bushes for the outer front ARB as mine are pretty grim so will be changing them this week.

I'm also looking at getting the Black series evol dogbone to replace my purple powerflex jobby. Want it stiffffffeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Going to be looking under the car too this weekend as my gearstick is so floppy in gear, up and down and left and right. @bashracing pointed me in the direction of the bush directly under the gearstick being worn but it's been replaced quite recently with the @Yanoo stiff shift but it's worth a look! Yanoo should this brass bush wear that quickly?? Not sure!

Will inspect this weekend though - looking forward to doing car stuff again. @Bear Head is also gay.

BG Clio 182
Picked up the tyres they are currently chilling in my boot!

So good for the price, and he has hundreds in stock too. Massive thanks for that Dave - you always help me with this car :up::up: Appreciate it.

I have just received some black poly bushes for the outer front ARB as mine are pretty grim so will be changing them this week.

I'm also looking at getting the Black series evol dogbone to replace my purple powerflex jobby. Want it stiffffffeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Going to be looking under the car too this weekend as my gearstick is so floppy in gear, up and down and left and right. @bashracing pointed me in the direction of the bush directly under the gearstick being worn but it's been replaced quite recently with the @Yanoo stiff shift but it's worth a look! Yanoo should this brass bush wear that quickly?? Not sure!

Will inspect this weekend though - looking forward to doing car stuff again. @Bear Head is also gay.
Haha what is these mystical tyres you speak of? Who has tyres in stock? Haha sounds good!

I thought you'd like that big gearstick flopping around when you're driving? Feel like a c**k floating about in your hand? You'd be able to hold it and just picture me there at all times. Be amazing for you Dan mate!

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
If my ball joint housing is fitted properly, the gearstick cannot not move up and down (especially when it is set to stiff). However if it can move, tighten up the adjustment screws and try to move up and down the gear stick. If the whole housing moves a lot, the big circlip might be popped out (it fixes the whole ball joint housing) or the stiffer ball insert might be worn or fitted incorrectly.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Haha what is these mystical tyres you speak of? Who has tyres in stock? Haha sounds good!

I thought you'd like that big gearstick flopping around when you're driving? Feel like a c**k floating about in your hand? You'd be able to hold it and just picture me there at all times. Be amazing for you Dan mate!

They're pilot sport 3s mate but in 15" form. So good for the price.

Haha regarding the dick comments - you know me too well :wink:

If my ball joint housing is fitted properly, the gearstick cannot not move up and down (especially when it is set to stiff). However if it can move, tighten up the adjustment screws and try to move up and down the gear stick. If the whole housing moves a lot, the big circlip might be popped out (it fixes the whole ball joint housing) or the stiffer ball insert might be worn or fitted incorrectly.

Sorry mate its not the up and down motion that's loose it's left and right and forwards and backwards I should have clarified thst.that bit is tight as anything I'm sure everything is tight in there and I'm certain nothing is wrong with your product as when it was first fitted it was incredible. Think something somewhere else is loose or worn but I've replaced a lot of the gear linkage and the gearbox has just had a rebuild and it's still doing it. I'll get a video now of it all. Stay tuned mate.

Last edited:

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Hiya mate and im really sorry to bother you!!
I noticed your pretty
well it takes all sorts
but here you go mate
IMG_0422.JPG

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
@bashracing @NorthloopCup

Thats the bit that looks like it has a lot of play inside despite it being new! It wobbles quite a lot inside you can see there's like an air gap and that moves when I'm putting pressure on it but then again it's supposed to move when changing gear right?

Should there be another washer on there holding it tight?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
@bashracing @NorthloopCup

Thats the bit that looks like it has a lot of play inside despite it being new! It wobbles quite a lot inside you can see there's like an air gap and that moves when I'm putting pressure on it but then again it's supposed to move when changing gear right?

Should there be another washer on there holding it tight?

That's it!! That's the cause of your issue! On some there's a bush that sits on the rod. I've got some spares. :wink:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That's it!! That's the cause of your issue! On some there's a bush that sits on the rod. I've got some spares. :wink:

I don't suppose you have a picture of this. I have these spares that I ordered a while back. It's almost as if the plastic part is causing a nuisance itself by not allowing the bolt to be tightened properly and that's why it's wobbling??

20151212_161836_zpsdujafvjs.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's the white plastic bush that goes in at the gearbox end. View attachment 142912
Thanks man. Yup went over to dates today and he's diagnosed the pivot rod being worn to fooooook. There's a lot of slop in it. Do you have any parts in stock? Preferably the above part, the clevis knurled bar and the the other rod that has a ball on it half way. Will get part numbers later just on my phone and it's hard to navigate.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks man. Yup went over to dates today and he's diagnosed the pivot rod being worn to fooooook. There's a lot of slop in it. Do you have any parts in stock? Preferably the above part, the clevis knurled bar and the the other rod that has a ball on it half way. Will get part numbers later just on my phone and it's hard to navigate.
I'll have to have a look in the garage and see what spares I've got. The plastic bush is pence from Renault mate.

I'm all good Dan, pooch is doing great A grade squirrel catcher. Got married too which has taken up loads of time so now have a bit more time for the car. I need to fit that bush aswell looks easy enough but it needs to be bashed in (technical term) to stop it popping the circlip out. Got a ph1 stick and yanoo to go in tomorrow.