ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan's Racing Blue 182

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
The story starts off with my old Arctic blue 182 being written off by a complete turnip speeding and thinking his brakes were better than they were and shunting me. It was a write off and not salvageable. Wanting another 182, but something a bit special I was on the look out for either a trophy, racing blue or liquid yellow full cup packed 182. And somehow after only a few weeks, a very tidy racing blue 182 with both cup packs became available to me and at trade price. So I found who the previous owner was on the forum (soph), saw a little about it on some threads and at the garage I managed to get it on a lift and give it a thorough inspection. Absolutely nothing wrong with it mechanically, sitting on eibach sportlines, yozza exhaust, all the little bits like lights, bulbs, aerial, exhaust mounts, new thumb grips etc had been taken care of and the only visible thing wrong with it was lacquer peel on the roof. So I put a deposit down and after a week of sleeping like a kid on Christmas eve, I finally picked up my Racing Blue 182 yesterday. Here are some pictures after a good clean, de-stickering, quick polish and headlight restoration (bullets are currently being repainted).

My plans (dreams :wink:) are:
Get the paintwork sorted out
Get my wheel sent back from snappy (halfway through doing one for me when my old 182 was written off)
Possible trophy turinis
PMS Gear Linkage
Lower and comfier seats (undecided on recaros or bucket seats)
Sometime in the future - clioturbo stage 2 kit

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.jpeg
7.jpeg

Clio 182 - RB
Nice car, what you doing about the roof? Original colour or going for something different, maybe wrapped black roof?

RB best colour [emoji6] @sj2112

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Nice car, what you doing about the roof? Original colour or going for something different, maybe wrapped black roof?

RB best colour [emoji6] @sj2112

They look the dogs danglers in the flesh with a good polish. I won't be wrapping the roof in black or any colour. Ill be getting it repainted and I'm shopping around for quotes. The rear quarter needs doing aswell, but once sorted it'll be mint throughout :blush:

Luke001

ClioSport Club Member
  Recaro'd RB 182 Cup
Car looks great. Some clean plates would neaten it up quite a bit.
RB is such a good colour.

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Car looks great. Some clean plates would neaten it up quite a bit.
RB is such a good colour.
It was in my plans. The front plate hasn't even been put on straight so clean front and back plates are on order ;)

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Update: Just fitted some blue/suede recaro trendlines from an evo 6. They support you really well and definitely look the part. A big shout out to @JON FOZ who not only supplied the seats and made sure they got to me in great condition, went out of his way with several answers to the questions I kept asking him, but also supplied some of his recaro adapters which are not only built to a professional standard and look great, but they do the job perfectly. Some pics:

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.JPG

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Just finished painting my genuine splitter gloss black and then lacquering it. Also did the rear bumper strip and exhaust surrounds. Looks much better now and not worn:

6.jpeg

5.jpeg

And then decided to treat it to a good clean and quick polish:

4.jpeg

Fiesta ST
That rear looks so nice with the plastics painted!

+1 on the clean plates, which reminds me I still need to buy mine!

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
That rear looks so nice with the plastics painted!

+1 on the clean plates, which reminds me I still need to buy mine!
I think it takes a good eye to spot them but there's something about the rear now which makes it seem 'cleaner'?? And I'm still yet to buy my plates as well. They will be ordered soon though ;)

You should of done the front grill whilst you were at it [emoji16]
Don't worry I'm not done with the painting ;)

Fiesta ST
I think it takes a good eye to spot them but there's something about the rear now which makes it seem 'cleaner'?? And I'm still yet to buy my plates as well. They will be ordered soon though :wink:
If you don't look at them often, you wouldn't have any idea!

The previous owner wrapped the rear bumper insert on mine with a dark carbon wrap that still needs removing, so I'll get that off then get it painted I think.

Also, is your O/S bullet missing? Or did you take it off prior to washing :p?

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Update:

Decided to fit my Hel 'racing blue' braided lines, respray the calipers in silver and put some ceramic paste on the brake pads to get rid of the squeal they were making. Brakes now feel much more solid and noise free! Pads/discs all round is the next job on the list to finish them off. I finally finished painting my interior trim with real racing blue paint. Decals were custom ordered from @Ady182 and what a brilliant service he provides! Re-sent a new set after the first one was bent and ripped by royal mail! And finally ordered and put a mat set in. Custom ordered in light blue trim with silver stitching. And finally I gave the car a good wash, wax and quick hand polish:

7.jpeg 8.jpeg 9.jpeg 10.jpeg 11.jpeg 12.jpeg 13.jpeg 14.JPG 15.jpeg

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Interior trim looks great, feeling the need to do something with mine now! Where did you get the paint?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221133700718?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They have their own website but I cant seem to find the J45 paint anywhere on there. They also have an Amazon account and sell the same things for the same price. I've ordered off both ebay and Amazon from them and they post same/next day and get it to you overnight. They have superior nozzles over your halfrauds paints and it sprays much better. The lacquer is also miles better. Both didn't run and once dried have a nice smooth professional looking finish with no lumps etc. Way better finish than halfrauds crap. I haven't tried their primer (used halfrauds grey primer I already had) but I have no reason to think it would be in anyway inferior. I will be definitely buying my spray paint from them in the future!

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Fitted my snappy steering wheel a few days ago and just got around to getting a picture of it. £150 all in seems a lot, but its worth it for the quality and feel. I also finally got my clean plates through the post and fitted them today. I also corrected my yozza backbox connection that was joined via one rusty nut and bolt. I replaced the nuts/bolts/washers and got a 3 inch gasket for it. Not only does it sound different but it now sits perfectly in the bumper as in the photos below.

19.jpeg

20.JPG

21.jpeg

22.jpeg

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Update: Been busy over the weekend. I finally got my PMS Custom colour gear linkage kit and installed it. Took a while to do on my own and I'm sure I've ruined my upper half after climbing under and back out of the car 1000 times, but it works perfectly and feels so nice to use. There are a few vibrations though so I will be seeing if I can reduce these somehow. I also decatted the exhaust along with fitting a new genuine Renault gasket/bolt kit and new olive joint clamp. Then finished off with removing the acoustic valve and intake pipe, ready for another week/weekend of new parts and modifications ;)

32.jpeg
33.jpeg
34.JPG