ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Debate: chavness’ 172 Vs VTS

on a follow on from the other thread which car would you think is seen and actually is more chav?

The Saxo has the bad rep for good reason, but the VTS are rare as hell on the road. The 172 (and 182s now) seem to be far more common on the road, therefore does this in fact make them more chav than the Saxo?

Clio v6

Only ever seen one 182 on the road in Essex. Time will tell I guess as the old cars start to fall apart with rust.

they are just as bad as each other

cheap cars with a little performance will always sell, the saxo is identicle to the clio in every way

Quote: Originally posted by James on 31 January 2005

Only ever seen one 182 on the road in Essex. Time will tell I guess as the old cars start to fall apart with rust.
172s are rusting already??? no rust on my 10 year old dinosaur... okay, so it was built to a higher standard and budget, but still, would have thought this would be in a few years time yet... whats the V6 like for rusting and falling to bits?

172/182 are still too expensive for chavs to own and insure, vtrs on the other hand any burberry wearing muppet can scrape together enough cash to own.

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 31 January 2005

172s are rusting already??? no rust on my 10 year old dinosaur... okay, so it was built to a higher standard and budget, but still, would have thought this would be in a few years time yet... whats the V6 like for rusting and falling to bits?

did you read what he said or just pick out the word Rust, lol

as far as im aware nobody has rust issues on their 172/182s as yet.

Clio v6

Only had the V6 4 weeks. Give it time.

Was going to ask the same question on Renaultsport site but its boring on there now, same threads been dragged up, so thought id start a little debate... but I had trouble loggin in. I think I may have been banned.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

This is a ridiculous thread.

Its like, ok the other thread, we couldnt win the argument convincingly that 172s would destroy a VTS.

I admit, the 172 is a bit quicker. However, when the VTS was first made, its not like Citroen had a fast Renault to compete with. They just made a fast litle hatch without having to worry about what may be able to beat it in a few years.

So its like, now lets see which car is the more chav, coz clearly I think well win that one.

What a load of s***e!

Ive seen stacks and stacks of chavved up Saxos. Likewise Ive seen stacks and stacks of chavved up Clios. Oh, and Puntos, Fiestas even things like Hyundai Accents.

I could type in a search on barryboys for all of these cars and youll see loads of examples of each.

The truth is, with free insurance, Citroen were always gonna sell loads of VTRs and attract the modders of society with a bit of cash to spend.

To be honest, the constant Saxo sl*gging on this site is pathetic and brings the site down.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Both the Clio and Saxo have their pros and cons and attract all manner of people from all walks of life. The only reasons theres loads of young uns driving Saxos is because of the insurance thing and the fact that the cars are fairly cheap.

Well I rarely see VTS up here and if i do theyre fairly standard. However, theres a cup with lexus lights down the back of my work carpark right now if that answers the question...

LY 200

I personally dont think 172s are chav as lets face it the VTS is closely associated with the VTR which is associated with chavs through bolt ons and bodykits!!!

I cant say i ever come across a bodykitted 172 when i used to buy Fast Car!!!:oops:

Stopped buying it more than a year ago though!!!;)

i dont think the vtr or vts are bad cars, for the money they are fun and handle well. i personally have major hassle fitting into a saxo and driving it but doesnt mean its bad, just not suitable for me. The issue is the knobheads that have got hold of them not the car itself.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 31 January 2005

Its like, ok the other thread, we couldnt win the argument convincingly that 172s would destroy a VTS.

I admit, the 172 is a bit quicker. However, when the VTS was first made, its not like Citroen had a fast Renault to compete with. They just made a fast litle hatch without having to worry about what may be able to beat it in a few years.

So its like, now lets see which car is the more chav, coz clearly I think well win that one.

What a load of s***e!

Ive seen stacks and stacks of chavved up Saxos. Likewise Ive seen stacks and stacks of chavved up Clios. Oh, and Puntos, Fiestas even things like Hyundai Accents.

I could type in a search on barryboys for all of these cars and youll see loads of examples of each.

The truth is, with free insurance, Citroen were always gonna sell loads of VTRs and attract the modders of society with a bit of cash to spend.

To be honest, the constant Saxo sl*gging on this site is pathetic and brings the site down.

im guessing thats his general idea !!

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 31 January 2005

did you read what he said or just pick out the word Rust, lol - erm, Ill be honest, I just picked out the word rust :p

as far as im aware nobody has rust issues on their 172/182s as yet.

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

I think they only become chav like when they are kitted up and are fitted with other bad tast mods.

I would not call a nice standard looking VTS or 172 chav chariots.

:)

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 31 January 2005

i have seen more williams than 182s, so if i work on your theory " TheJesus " then the williams is a chav moblie
thats because... the 182 was a limited run to celebrate the success of the 182 in motorsport. It was then widely accliamed for being the face of Nescafe 2004, with a record number of printer coffee mats being sold. To celebrate they went ahead and made a 182 Cup, suspension and alloys were then uprated to celebrate winning the Nescafe Cup 2004 and thus the Cup was born, with limited production runs of around 2500.

The above was taken out of a copy of Evo, therefore must be right... obviously you will see more Williamseses, comman as fook :p

Chris1.4RT - I dont think the VTS is a chav car, its just the common attitude of drivers on here that it is. ive seen more 182s than VTSs...

rumour has it they are doing a 182 Cap. Similar in name to the 182 Cup, but will be sporting a Burberry colour and motif... again, a source from Evo told me this, so it has to be true...

2004 Racing Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 31 January 2005

What a load of s***e!

Im sorry, but i have to agree with this statement.

IMHO, whats the big deal about! if i was to go out and buy a VTS i wouldnt buy it because im a chav, i would go and buy it because, under that plain exterior lurks the heart of a monster, i have personally gone up against a VTS in my valver ans was amazed by how quick they actually are and at how quickly we both managed to leave the VTR behind, although i dont think racing on public roads is a clever thing to do, it was on a duel carriageway at 4am, but this still doesnt make it right and i was punished by getting 3 points for speeding.

however, all this constant sl*gging off saxos and labeling them chav cars is getting a bit out of hand now, people are quick to dismiss clios that have IMO silly jap style bodykits and other modded clios simply because it is a clio.

I have seen more knob-head drivers in clios in this last month than i have in any other car, the majority of which were the new shape clio as opposed to the mk1 shape!

This is all IMHO of cousre and have not written this with the intention to offend anyone.

-->NV

Quote: Originally posted by pigme1000000 on 31 January 2005
thought this was a clio forum, not a saxo worshipping ground (SAD)

its not worshipping, its an appreciation of a decent car

RB182cup&golf gti

The Saxo VTR is basically ideal for young dudes as its a 1.6 in a small car with cheap insurance and good for modding.

The VTS on the other hand is a s**t hot car!!

All decent cars at some point will end up in the hands of the scalls - see loads of saphire cosworths etc being driven around macdonals car parks by scroats :mad:

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

I SOOO agree i had a vts and there tip top!! not as quick as the 172 but still stupidly quick for a 1.6!!

Stop sl*ggin them! its one thing Citroen have to be proud of! a mental lightweight fluing machine!!

its pathetic does it matter what is more chav, does it fcuk! GROW UP

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 31 January 2005

i have seen more williams than 182s, so if i work on your theory " TheJesus " then the williams is a chav moblie:)
thats because... the 182 was a limited run to celebrate the success of the 182 in motorsport. It was then widely accliamed for being the face of Nescafe 2004, with a record number of printer coffee mats being sold. To celebrate they went ahead and made a 182 Cup, suspension and alloys were then uprated to celebrate winning the Nescafe Cup 2004 and thus the Cup was born, with limited production runs of around 2500.

The above was taken out of a copy of Evo, therefore must be right... obviously you will see more Williamseses, comman as fook :p
cool, glad you agree there common

WOW what 182 was ever limited, just like the 172 cup was not limited. They sold far more in their limited lifespan than the full specced machine. Who the hell has ever given you the idea the 182 is limited, let alone a cup racer.

My god talk about pub talk. If people want to dream of a cup racer then do so. Its like any other manufactors give their "faster cars" the logo of the race ones. They have no, and I mean no relation to road going vehicles.

Clio Cup racers have NO resemblance to road cars. May as well say the Focus RS is based on Colin McCraes focus. NOT in a million years.

WHY DO WE SEEM TO HAVE A BUNCH OF ADOLESCENTS, THAT GIVE IT SO large.

When was ever EVO right about everything, like all mags. Expect them to be fairly judicial; in your dreams.

Clio 200 Cup

VTRs are chav rubbish crap, VTS are fine until the chav rubbish crap tw*ts upgrade from their VTRs to VTS. I dont know how you could compare 172s with the rediculous reputation of novas saxos etc... It is a far more refined car bought only by people who can afford them and more importantly, the insurance. The vast majority of 172s i see on the road are standard, and the rest only have subtle changes such as exhausts. Silly thread!

Must depend on where you are in the country I guess, my College car park has always been a good indicator of the trends amongst chav society and not a single 172 or 182 has passed through the car park since Ive worked there. Seen one or two VTRs and one VTS, but the Clios are generally modded 1.2s.

The cars themselves cant be Chav as standard so I guess you are on about drivers, based on experience locally I can say that Saxo VTS drivers (of which there are a few) are generally the definition of Chav, whilst the few 172s locally (no 182s here at all Ive seen) are generally slightly older (25+) and keep the car completely standard as far as exterior goes.

Interesting to hear about ownership in certain areas though, someone mentioned the VTS being rare, but since the 182 was released Id not seen a single one until I travelled down to Bournemouth, still havent seen one in my area, yet there are a few VTS about.

Bit of a weird argument though, if you are talking about all Clios and Saxos, the Clio would win hands down as the motor with the chavviest drivers locally, but the question was specific to RS and VTRs, in which case the verdict is the opposite.

A few years back up here the poor old Saxos where Chavved up. In now seen as many Chaved Clios (mostly standard not CS versions).

The most chavved up machines up here now are mainly Jap machines - older Civics and Scoobs. Thanks goodness for fast and the furious I say!!

Who would of thought my Clio vs Saxo thread would have started all this!

In answer to the topic I think the saxo is definitely more chav