ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Degreaser/Strong cleaner for arches/engine bay

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Hi guys,

I want to give the arches/engine bay a bit of a clean up as it's got a bit mucky over the couple of years since I did it last.

I want something that's going to aid shifting the dirt fairly easily with the aid of the pressure washer.

It should be safe with rubber etc. as I don't want to mess around trying to avoid brakes/cv boots, and ideally available locally (think Halfords/B&Q).

Any suggestions?

An APC with a decent dilution will help. You could buy Auto Finesse 's Citrus Power (have a look further down the forum for reviews).

If you have to shop in Halfrauds, look at Rapid Dirt Shifter by Carplan/DemonShine or Engine and Machine Cleaner by AutoGlym. Both are great cleaners up for the job.

If you have a lot of burnt on crud, or oil deposits, the above may require a few hits. So you could always up the anti with AutoSmart G101 or BiltHamber Surfex HD or Auto Finesse 's Verso.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I bought Autoglym Engine & Machine cleaner in the end - did the trick nicely! Thanks.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Autosmart g101 is better overall...and cheaper in terms of price per litre and the fact it comes neat and can be diluted down as required.

Autosmart g101 is better overall...and cheaper in terms of price per litre and the fact it comes neat and can be diluted down as required.

But only available from an AS rep or online. So, as the OP suggested, if you want to buy locally, you can't.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Best thing I've ever used on minging engines is fairy power spray. Amazing stuff but very expensive if you look at £/volume.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
+ on the fairy spray, used it to clean my engine block down after my oil cooler burst.

bbq cleaner is good aswell, but f**k me don't leave it on for anymore than 1minuite or it stains