ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Any recommendations on people to detail their car in the South coast? Not after the full works, but a decent going over.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Any recommendations on people to detail their car in the South coast? Not after the full works, but a decent going over.
Some I know from when I lived in Southampton is meant to be really good. Like me, he does it off his drive etc so it's not a proper lock up just so you're aware. Want me to send you the details? He's on faceache

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah mate. But wanted to sell as a package with other stuff due to post

Had a quick look to see how much those woollies are, bought them a while ago.

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Are the Blast Cans from Autosmart or The Designer Fragrances still the best Air Fresheners?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are the Blast Cans from Autosmart or The Designer Fragrances still the best Air Fresheners?
Infinity wax spray ones are pretty good still.

I still find california scents tins, probably last lomgest by far.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I get a bit nose blind to it after a few days but people who get in my car say it smells nice. I like it when I chuck my work bag in the back on the floor because when I’m in work and have it close by, I always get little whiffs of it

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
The best 'bomb' ive used in the car was a Bilt Hamber one. Wasnt so focused on the scent, although it was a light citrus smell, but it was one that promised to remove nasties. Anti microbial or whatever its called.

I liked that one but they're £12 each!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The IW ones last a day
Didn't find the blasts lasted any longer and the air seems to go quick. I get them for free and I don't even think they're good. The scents ones have always lasted, especially 3x for a tenner or so.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Won a couple of bits so thought I'd give them a go.

Both of these I would buy again. The shampoo, 4/5 cap fulls in a large bucket cleaned both black cars really well. Wa day today and coped way better than I thought in direct sun.

Back in the day Dodo Red Mist was a spray I always fancied trying but never did. This detail spray is ace, flashes quickly and leaves a nice finish.

IMG_20240421_115146.jpg

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Morning chaps.

Just had a job accepted for a polish and coating on a new F Type Jag in BRG. Stunnnning colour.

My ancient (10+ year old) CleanYourCar DA (Probably a DasPro) is beginning to show signs of its age. Im looking to grab another polisher to go alongside it, especially with this big job coming up. Ive been happy with DA's in general, although this one is like holding onto your mrs marital aid on full speed. Numb hands by the end of a job.

I was thinking of maybe going Rotary this time? Preferably one with those extension bars & the flexy extensions you can polish tiny bits (like behind door handles) with.

Any suggestions? Budget wont be huge