ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol they will be in the classifieds at double the price next year.

God I hate that forum sometimes!

Oh I emailed PB about the Gyeon shampoo. I wonder what reply (if any) I get back.

Lol they will be in the classifieds at double the price next year.

God I hate that forum sometimes!

Oh I emailed PB about the Gyeon shampoo. I wonder what reply (if any) I get back.

Yeah, on this effing subject, I've emailed both Richard from Waxybox and the Hubikote people direct and had f**k all back. Honest to God, I'm trying to give them money!!!

Edit - sod that, @gally @Scrooge GO GO GO BUY BUY BUY!!

http://www.waxyshop.co.uk/detailing-product-bulk-buys.html

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
If it were more readily available I can see it being very popular. A BTBM competitor

Tempted but still have nanolex reactivating shampoo and AF lather V3 to try out

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Go for it Dave, for £10 it's well worth having. Even if you only open it up and sniff it lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nanolex was alright Dave. Weird smell though. Certainly not a number one but would use if Zi was a Nanolex user.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Oh ffs it better not have been. If so I will go batshit. It's bad enough being fucked over by gyeon. The waxy box sample was literally perfect.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Waxybox site calls it V2, description reads it still comes in the old V1 bottle and label.

gally sounds more of a top up shampoo so not keep to use it on anything other than a coating

Hubikote sample in Waxybox was rubbish far to fussy, see back a few pages for pics.

The carchem shampoo sample was alot better i found.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Richard from waxy box just phoned and asked if I wanted the limited edition green one so I've gone for one of each

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else interested in the rest of my Strata Sealant? 1/3 of a bottle left and 12 months+ of protection?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Saw they put a pic up of a green liquid saying it was a version of a previous product, Guess that'll be it then.... Don't need but do want :(

Richard from waxy box just phoned and asked if I wanted the limited edition green one so I've gone for one of each

Snapsicles.

Anyone else interested in the rest of my Strata Sealant? 1/3 of a bottle left and 12 months+ of protection?

I would be Kev, but for the next car if that makes sense :( Not holding on to it if you don't have to I presume? DW might be best, unless you think Jay would get funny about it?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
gally You've made reference in the past to liking the DDJ supernatural sponge. What is it you like about it?

I've had one for a while but rarely use it as I find it traps the dirt on the surface making contact with the panel, the textured surface flattens with the mildest of pressure

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I just think it works well. Seems to glide really well as holds suds more than the mitt.

I don't doubt a mitt is safer, but, if used correctly it's not dangerous especially with proper pre-wash.

If I had only one i'd choose a good mitt but I do still use the DJ sponge.

Hubikote sample in Waxybox was rubbish far to fussy, see back a few pages for pics.

The carchem shampoo sample was alot better i found.

Categorically not the product itself, Jay - looks to be more like the RDS reacted or wasn't washed off... not to second guess your ability to pour water on a car ;) Give it another chance, really impressed me (because the awfully hard water in my area).

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It was perfect for me. I bloody loved it and i'm going to wash my car when my two bottles arrive whether it needs it or not just so I can use it again.

Categorically not the product itself, Jay - looks to be more like the RDS reacted or wasn't washed off... not to second guess your ability to pour water on a car ;) Give it another chance, really impressed me (because the awfully hard water in my area).

Yeah I will give it another a go but I wouldn't buy it over B2BM or the carchem sample we had.

Does your kettle get f**ked up good and proper?

Yep me also I bought a new one yesterday

Golf GT & A4 Avant
newbies to hard water, get a kettle that pre filters before boiling. otherwise buy cheap and throw away and replace once a year. I think it was the hard water that made BTBM not feel as slick as all the claims. Had to use a pretty strong dilution to get it feeling nice. Something I don't need to do with lather.

Back to sponges. I much prefer a sponge to mitt. Can't be @ss'd with big hairy things like the carpro mitt although I appreciate they would be the best option. our cars get caped in rubbish and I can't always pressure rinse so typically resort to lambswool mitt. but when I can rinse I still see dirt on the surface of the SN sponge.

No need if you keep on top of it Dave. Kettle was a couple of quid 9 months ago, but still immaculate due to defurring with descaler sachets when I start to see a build up. Standard OCD Car Detailer behaviour...!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
What are people thinking about the New Shinemate ERO600 DA that Clean Your Car revealed the other day?

Not a 320d
@JD

Oh wait it doesnt work for you does it.

Ive been filtering it in a large brita but after 12 months Ive had to change the filters in those as well.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Coby link please as can't find anything about it.

If the internals are as poor and unbalanced as the EP800 I'd suggest getting a standard DAS6 DA

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Found it on their facebook page, 600w is comparable to a standard DA I believe. Not sure on the dual torque claim unless it's similar to the Megs speed control.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
No need if you keep on top of it Dave. Kettle was a couple of quid 9 months ago, but still immaculate due to defurring with descaler sachets when I start to see a build up. Standard OCD Car Detailer behaviour...!

<3 You're my new favourite person. Package arrived today, cheers dude! If you need anything, samples etc, drop me a message. Cheers dude :)