ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
IPA wipe downs...

is there here anything special I need to do before/after IPA wipe downs? I've stole a bottle full from work so I can strip everything off my trim before I apply AF Rejuvinate.

i figured it's just wipe on, dry, apply dressing... But I always like to check here first.

cheers

Dilute 2:1 with demin water if possible.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
ironx and de tar every time you detail or strip and re wax.

provided you keep it well protected I only clay once a year as tar and iron removers look after the worst the rest of the year

All the major stores will, Jay. For use in batteries and coolant systems. Usually with car washing/oil/lubricants etc.

Tbh I'd use water.

Deionised is only so it doesnt leave water marks I assume.

Do you have hard water by you? My area seems to be hard water.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Anyone else got this today?
u2e2areq.jpg

Not a 320d
Scrooge

f**k detailing like that over winter.

Seal it up with something (Sonax QD!) then top it up every wash or two. Then come spring do it good and proper.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Well, just bought an EP801 with some Menzerna polish and some of them CYC diamond cut pads.

I'd like to replace the pads and will also need some spot pads, what do people recommend for rotary? It's new to me as I've always used Hexlogic with DA.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hexalogic mate. The EP is a sort of blurred line between DA and Rotary as it's such an easy machine to pick up and use.

Watch junkman's YT videos and learn.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
@Scrooge

f**k detailing like that over winter.

Seal it up with something (Sonax QD!) then top it up every wash or two. Then come spring do it good and proper.

It was a day detail for the wench's brother. Doing a write up now but this is the level of correction I got...

null_zps3e8350a0.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to plump for 3m pads really as they seem highly regarded as some of the best pads for rotary.

I'll read some pad reviews and post back here before buying!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
3M green is no good for you. 3m yellow and a decent menz will correct a lot but hex has more bite.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
I may of asked this before but what do you hold all your cleaning stuff in...

I've now demanded a full shelf which is 7ft long in the garage... Lol

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Ha ha mines in the living room and growing with his friggin hks turbos...

Shot you have even kept your power washer box...

Have you a bag for your brushes?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ha ha mines in the living room and growing with his friggin hks turbos...

Shot you have even kept your power washer box...

Have you a bag for your brushes?

:eek: Im sad like that, the warranty is in the box in case anything happens to it lol
Edit: I keep my brushes in a box in the clear draws once they're dry. If wet I hang them on something to dry out lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Thanks all, it's a Black Magic Leon. I've just posted the write up thread but photobucket has fucked up half the images. Seething.

Hex pads and Menz polishes mate two step finishing off with PF4000 :)

Not a 320d
I can't put my finger on it. It's possibly the ease of use. Hex work on anything for beginners and they are robust!

Mine lasted agers until I used them with rotary... Then they exploded

It was a day detail for the wench's brother. Doing a write up now but this is the level of correction I got...

null_zps3e8350a0.jpg

Not bad. Now take some pics with a camera rather than a potato ;)