ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Get hold of the extension piece of the original lance that connects to the gun, compare the fitment on it to those linked above or on CYC, also check what you've got on the foam lance against the list making sure you got sent the correct adapter, then give CYC a call.

I'd imagine they'll just send out another adaptor to screw onto the foam lance.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Smells very nice and seems to last well, I normally lightly spray it into the air vents to keep a constant scent. The wife liked the smell until I showed her the bottle and name

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Can someone tell me what the difference is with the colours of clay bar ?

Are some tougher than others and do i need to use a lug spray with them ?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Colour is random.

There are different grades of clay from fine or soft, through to quite firm. The firmer they are the more bonded contaminants they can remove from the surface, but the firmer they are the more marring and damage they can inflict. all should be used with some form of lubricant IMO.

Best off getting a good cleanse with a heavy wash, followed by tar and iron removers, that way there is little left on the panel for the clay to remove, meaning you can use a soft gentle clay that will cause minimal if any damage

@Yellow Dave, upgrade your account - your PM limit has been exceeded!

I'll post the reply in here anyway, as it's useful for others.

Re GTechniq I1 fabric protection;

Yellow Dave said:
Hi Jamie, how you getting on with this on the new sofa?
Yellow Dave said:
The Interior on the new car is in decent condition and would like to keep it that way. I've used it before on a couple of cycling jackets but don't think I used enough as they didn't repel all that well. Do you have to saturate the item for best protection?

Average pal. Won't bother again. Just not enough used I presume as you really have to soak it.

My coat, however, is still beading like mad. But I used two bottles on a medium sized ski jacket... for the cost, I would only bother on mats and hard tops. Full seats will just take so many bottles...!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
OH YER!!!!

517E4A1A-B2CD-4BBC-8B2A-F7413D66B2AB_zpsrgw3vk7k.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Cheers Ant, but I still have a little left from the waxybox sample.

It is very nice and would like some more, but recently buying 5l of new formula lather to try out i really shouldn't

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I liked the original version, new claimed to be more sudsy so not too much change. Plus I sell off a litre at a time to friends so we get through it. I then don't have to worry about being tight on dilution ratios. a good old glug will do.

Hoping to give the new bus some winter protection this weekend so will shortly be trying out that sample of Hydr02 @Scrooge Thinking werkstat prime topped with either powerlock or Z2

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I liked the original version, new claimed to be more sudsy so not too much change. Plus I sell off a litre at a time to friends so we get through it. I then don't have to worry about being tight on dilution ratios. a good old glug will do.

Hoping to give the new bus some winter protection this weekend so will shortly be trying out that sample of Hydr02 @Scrooge Thinking werkstat prime topped with either powerlock or Z2

New bus?!

CLS320 with a D6
Can a wizard recommend me a way to bring back a gloss white car to looking good again? It's all a bit flat looking similar to how a red car fades over time

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Thorough wash, decon and then AF Tripple and Tough Coat should sort it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
May just be a heavily contaminated/swirled dull top coat or the paint may be fucked underneath. Will need a full decontamination and machine polish if it's the first problem or a respray if it's the second. Got any pictures?

CLS320 with a D6
Thanks for the replies chaps, it's for a friend of mine so will have to get pics in Monday. It's an old celica. Just needs a real good seeing to to bring it back but have no idea where to start with all the various methods you can use

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Zeta, as Scrooge has said, de contamination on white and light colours is vital. If it's still not right, maybe in need of a light polish to remove dead oxidized paint and clearcoat.

Scrooge still got the Golf to run around for work, but changed the focus for an Audi A4 estate to cope with all the baby stuff and dogs. 2.0 TDi s-line so it's not that bad, just the thought of choosing a car based on family / practicality takes away from the fun

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tried the new AF Lather formula today, quite pleased with it. Did the usual accurately measured glug in he bucket and filled with an open ended hose as I dont particularly like lots of suds.

Whereas the original formula the suds seemed to die down the longer it was left, this did keep them for longer and was a little more sudsy over the original but not huge amounts. The old version was slick but this felt much better.

Rinsing off and cleaning power seemed much the same as the old so quite pleased with its performance

The slickness is definitely better. In a hard water area this always kills the slickness of most, but this felt lovely over the panel with a basic halfords grey lambswool mitt.