ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So, thoughts on waxing over Hydr02? I am still really impressed with the looks and water behaviour of Hydr02, so am not sure if a wax on top would add anything. Anyone bothered to try it yet?
Scrooge

Can't see why you would. Hydr02 is a top up product, like C2V3 diluted or Reload, where as a decent wax is the "long lasting" protection. I'd be doing it the other way around - wax for looks and finishing, Hydr02 for no hassle top ups.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As JD said, I use it as a top up. I wouldn't bother waxing over something that last ~3months.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
The apc I've had to google incase it was a fancy make...
Couldn't quite believe my eyes...
But if it works, why not....

Do you dilute in a squirter bottle?

Dilute in a spray bottle, pretty much the same as G101 halved if that makes sense, so if G101 says 1:10, dilute it 1:5.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have a third of a bottle of that Migliore Ceramic sealant if anyone fancies some 12 months plus protection? It's superb!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Never actually though of that. £30 recorded delivery? I would add, it'll do another 2 cars maybe 3 and some plastics. Thing is phenomenal. I'll take a picture of my beading on a car not washed for 2-3 weeks.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sort of... it says clean base but i've been testing it on a panel after lime prime and it looks the same as the others. Personally I double panel wipe to ensure clean.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Getting my kit together for the rotary. I have the following:

Clean your car EP801
Menzerna 500
Menzerna 2300
Menzerna 4000

Im looking at getting the following:

IPA
3 rolls of tape
75mm Backing plate
Green Hex - 3" + 5.5"
White Hex - 3" + 5.5"
Black Hex - 3" + 5.5"
Spur Tool

Does this sound about right or are there other polishes / pads / accessory's I should be getting?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
White and Green are kinda close together so White and Orange for me. White is a great all rounder with the correct polish. Produced some great bit on an Audi A3 the other day for me.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Orange white and black will do then. There are a couple of pads coming with the rotary however I'm unsure of quality and firmness of them so I doubt I'd like to use them.
So far its cost me £173.37 to get the full kit and a day of my time instead of going to a pro who I was looking at around £250-£300. Granted a pro will do a better job however I was quite competent at DA and can't really see the EP801 being any harder.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Just make sure you're not taking to many microns off and take your time, it's your own car so you can spread it over a few sessions if need be.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've still got a little bilberry and AF imperial left that I can use, buy typically just citrus power or rapid dirt shifter. Follows by the occassional iron remover if really needed.

Your wheels not sealed with nano coating already?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Just make sure you're not taking to many microns off and take your time, it's your own car so you can spread it over a few sessions if need be.

Im not really allowed to spend money on detailing shizzle this month lol let me think about it.

Not a 320d
@Cliotoby WWHW, Imperial or Bilberry if they're shot. CP or RDS if they're protected, as currently (C2V3 still going strong).

Did try RDS for a few washes actually and seemed to work well.

Just seems overkill using full effect every week or two on them, Since Saturday the car hasn't moved.

I've still got a little bilberry and AF imperial left that I can use, buy typically just citrus power or rapid dirt shifter. Follows by the occassional iron remover if really needed.

Your wheels not sealed with nano coating already?

Not C5 mate no. When I was using C2V3 I was topping it up with that after every wash, and now I top it up every wash with the Sonax QD.

Not had time to C5 properly.

I did a little test over the weekend on my alloys with a few waxybox samples & WWHW. My alloys are white so they gave a good idea on which were working better than others.

I used Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels(WWHW), AF Imperial & the wax safe wheel cleaner in the waxybox.

Fair to say WWHW came out on top by a fair bit. I wasnt impressed with AF Imperial at all i diluted it to about 5:1, the other sample from waxybox was a complete waste of time i need to go over it again with WWHW.

For the price you really cant beat WWHW.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Different types of products though. Imperial like bilberry is a generic wheel cleaner not designed for removing baked on ingrained brake dust, not an iron remover like WWHW.

I wouldn't use ironX on grubby dirty wheels as a general cleaner, as it won't cut through the grease and tar and dirt as well.

All being said I've not used WWHW but I get the impression it is more of an iron removing type product?

Not a 320d
No thank you @Scrooge lol

Can imagine all the dips**ts over on that forum getting all excited at the 'rare' waxes, one of a kind, never relased, pre production etc.

e/

Just read that. hes sold them. Im going to do what gally did and melt all my waxes down into a 'unique' wax blend. Tier 15, high carnuba content wax that smells like diesel oil and sell on there for £100's

Last edited: