ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So, AF Citrus Power Vs Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash

Before:
uhe9uqu8.jpg

3y3ebatu.jpg

yna9u7un.jpg

Under the 2 months worth of grime, is CQUARTZ Finest with a tipping of Hydr02

Application:
6u7e4uhy.jpg

u8y9uqe7.jpg

dupumeru.jpg

The left is AF and right is VP

During:

qupe3y5a.jpg

avunyta3.jpg

yqy9a2yd.jpg

uhu6era4.jpg

Afters:
2evubyde.jpg

mave7ude.jpg

Conclusion, I think AF Citrus Power did perform better overall, but the difference was so minimal, I'd probably buy Valet Pro Citrus Pre-Wash.

Neither affected beading either, don't know if thy would be the case over a long period of use though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I felt that VP neat and 1:1 slowed the sheeting, and I'm sure it's been questioned before as to how LSP safe it is. this has never been the case with citrus power. Try citrus power diluted 1:1, still works very well, more so on a coated car with as little dirt as that

As for 2months worth of dirt, either you don't do much mileage or CQ is fantastic and I should get it applied ASAP. Both our cars are dirtier after a week and since the weather's changed are having to be washed every week

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I felt that VP neat and 1:1 slowed the sheeting, and I'm sure it's been questioned before as to how LSP safe it is. this has never been the case with citrus power. Try citrus power diluted 1:1, still works very well, more so on a coated car with as little dirt as that

As for 2months worth of dirt, either you don't do much mileage or CQ is fantastic and I should get it applied ASAP. Both our cars are dirtier after a week and since the weather's changed are having to be washed every week

Its a daily, but I only do about 8000 miles a year - So it doesn't get too rotten.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
mattherR think you're going to struggle to find something that is soo simple and nice to use as well as given all that gloss bar BOS, but as you say using it from a small sample pot seems to ruin the experience a little.

Can't think of any sub £100 that as easy and nice to use other than a used pot of BOS in its original pot

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Did you ever try a sample of it? Didn't think it was as nice to use as illusion, looks were just as good but thought it was more fussy about application and cure times. Certainly couldn't be left as long or removed as quick as you could with illusion. I've not known a wax be so flexible

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
CTR is very nice mate. It's also a very tricky category. Sorta in the middle. I'd be tempted to look at Carbon.

You'll get a full pot and a great boutique feel.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Yellow Dave - I did try a sample of it and tbh I did really get along with it, question is did I enjoy it as much as illusion!
gally - I've already got carbon, I use that mainly spring an autumn when I don't want to constantly reapply. I then youse tough coat through winter and illusion through summer.

I might just push the boat out and get swissvax shield and then sell my half pot of carbon and 3/4 full tough coat to cover the extra!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Your idea sounds perfect. Certainly a wax you will love. Samples are great but the texture changes and nothing beats a nice SW pot.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Fallout remover, yes. Tar, no. I'm still uncertain about using this on the body work as it does have a cleaning agent in it as well.

thanks will have to go on a search see if i can find a discounted bottle to try get the crap off one one of my alloys.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Another offer from CarPro, 15% discount using the code XMAS15

Hi guys. So as of midnight just past. We are now on a winter break so Andy and myself can take some time off and enjoy the holidays with our respective families.

To celebrate the holidays, and welcome in the new year we have decided to offer you all 15% off at www.carpro.uk.com until midnight New Year's Eve.

Use code XMAS15 at checkout to save now.

Please note. It's unlikely we will be around to ship any orders until 2/1/14 when most of the couriers return to normal service.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all
Craig.
CarProUK

Golf GT & A4 Avant
latest discount code from cleanyourcar

So as a big thank you for all the support throughout 2013 here's a code for
13% on any orders placed between now and the 3rd of January 2014.

SHOP NOW »

To claim your 13% off all orders, just enter the following code at checkout:

XMAS13

Arctic 182
Does anyone know what's happened to my Iron X??

I got a new storage thing today & was swapping all my bits over when I noticed this!
e5uqaryg.jpg
arary5uh.jpg

If I'm being a massive bell end let me know but as far as I remember it used to be clear?!! Am I going to have to order a new one? Cheers

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Never seen that before... Almost looks like it's reacted whilst in the bottle?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know what's happened to my Iron X??

I got a new storage thing today & was swapping all my bits over when I noticed this!
e5uqaryg.jpg
arary5uh.jpg

If I'm being a massive bell end let me know but as far as I remember it used to be clear?!! Am I going to have to order a new one? Cheers

Send Craig and Andy an email mate. Tell them you're on CS and send the pictures. They'll sort you out mate.

Arctic 182
Thanks for the replies guys, can't multi quote on my phone. It's proper strange, I last used it 2 weeks ago & put it away as usual. Took it out my box & it was like this! Cheers Gally, only thing is I can't remember where I got it from! Don't think it was eBay & I can't find my CYC emails to confirm anything.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ebay certainly won't be good.

Can you image the trigger for me?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Right question as nothing I seem to do will clean it off. Got some what looks like a few splashes of water run marks on the inside of the windscreen, I'll get a pic if I can.. Nothing I do will seem to clean it off and when the windscreen mists up over the night it becomes very visible and annoying because they wont clean off.

I've tried G6, newspaper and vinegar, degreaser all with absolutely no effect.

Any ideas or suggestions as its doing my head in.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Medical alcohol ( isopropanol ) or what's ever it is that detailers use diluted to clear polish residues

if that don't clear it then glass polish

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay mate, did have some flipping glass polish but I let it go with my DA and waxybox stuff for sale.

I'll give the isopropanol a try.

Arctic 182
Presume it's reacted with what ever was in the spray head from the other bottle sadly mate.

Yeah I had a little look & it appears it's got a spring or something in it :(
Bad luck!
Got a nice full basket on CYC ready though!

RB 182
Does anyone know of any detailing shops around b'ham? I want to order a DA but I'm going over there on the weekend and wondered if I could pick one up to save waiting for delivery.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
As above, it seems that Russ has only just started as a reseller and stocks AF AMDetails and Gtech. Unfortunately none of them sell DA's.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Mendizmo mine reacted with a spring in the trigger and it went a light shade of pink when I went to use it a month later. It never really changed much more than that. Something seriously wrong with that, I wouldnt put that anywhere near a car.

Adamm try a mild abrasive like a dedicated glass polish, or something like SRP, Rejuvenate etc followed by glass cleaner to remove anything left behind.