ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
If turning the lance on its side affects the mix and gives you a thicker foam then there is an issue with your lance, almost like you're not getting the draw of foam up the feeder tube into the mixer

I have had mine a little while now. Too long to mention it to CYC, think O may attempt to take it apart and see what's going on then, worse comes to worse I'll have to buy another.

Will be washing the 200 in a bit anyway, will picture my lance and foam, may even film. See what your thoughts are then

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So. I feel a tit. Played with the settings on it and have it a squirt with clean warm water only, then this:

a4uqe8e3.jpg

Happy days!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Lovely bit of foam.... I don't need one but I really want to get a snow foam lance just for the fun.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just a valve sticking maybe or different setting on the mixture screw?

Looks a pretty thick foam, what pressure washer / rating is it?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Just a valve sticking maybe or different setting on the mixture screw?

Looks a pretty thick foam, what pressure washer / rating is it?

Its on the 'thickest' foam settin there, next time I'll do it a bit thinner I think. It's an 1800 Nilfisk pressure washer, can't remember which model though. The mixture screw on the top was smack in the middle before, but I had tried it at both ends too. I think the flush out with warm/hot water may have removed a bit of gunk or something.

Im chuffed :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Also, re-dwell times. I used up the last of the Avalanche I already had in a foam lance bottle thing, after around 5 minutes or so:

dupyme2e.jpg

Magifoam after 5 minutes or so:

muvumude.jpg

Magifoam wins for me. You can actually see a line or grime and dirt coming off.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mine wasn't that great 1st time around but im yet to try it again.
I put about 2" of sf then topped up with warm water.

This is mine 1st time I used it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388327111832.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388327111832.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388327128300.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388327128300.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 39

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
a7u2u8u3.jpg

Hydro2. I wouldn't have believed it was this good without seeing it. Above is one application in an otherwise unprotected car!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh? Whys that?

My neighbours think I'm mad by spending 2 days every 3/4 months on my car haha

Covering my van in white foam which ends up covering the road, i live in a cul-de-sac.

Looks like we had a snow storm. lol

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
What did you do differently mate, just fiddle with the knob on top?

How much avalanche did you use?

I filled the bottle with warm water (almost hot!) and squirted it continuously fiddling with the knob on the top. Once I had done that, I turned it to full strength and it worked a treat. Tis still on the road now! Wonder if it'll freeze?

a7u2u8u3.jpg

Hydro2. I wouldn't have believed it was this good without seeing it. Above is one application in an otherwise unprotected car!

Hydr02 is absolutely fantastic. I did my Dads car around 7 weeks ago, just 1 application, and its still protected now.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What do people prefer or recommend as a top up product over both a wax or sealant?

I know C2 will get a strong mention, but in comparison to that I prefer Reload. I'm not blown away by Sonax BSD after all the hype. Beading was amazing for the first week but dropped off rapidly to match any other QD after that, and with it not all that nice to use I won't want to be using it weekly. Might be user error so will persevere with application.

Nanolex final finish QD is very nice to use and decent water behaviour but not sure how much it adds protection wise. Gyeon cure reads similar to reload. I've read that artdeshine and wolf's do nano based QD's

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
What do people prefer or recommend as a top up product over both a wax or sealant?

I know C2 will get a strong mention, but in comparison to that I prefer Reload. I'm not blown away by Sonax BSD after all the hype. Beading was amazing for the first week but dropped off rapidly to match any other QD after that, and with it not all that nice to use I won't want to be using it weekly. Might be user error so will persevere with application.

Nanolex final finish QD is very nice to use and decent water behaviour but not sure how much it adds protection wise. Gyeon cure reads similar to reload. I've read that artdeshine and wolf's do nano based QD's

Hydr02?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I forgot to add hydr02 and washcoat. I've only just started trying them so too early to tell.

I want something that will improve / maintains water behaviour but also help to keep the car clean

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I forgot to add hydr02 and washcoat. I've only just started trying them so too early to tell.

I want something that will improve / maintains water behaviour but also help to keep the car clean

Hydr02 has some insane water behavior. Not like any other sealant I have used before (Including Quartz) - Its also been the LSP on my Dads 3 Series for a couple of months now, not topped up once since application, still going strong!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone used Wolfs Chemicals nano quick detailer reparation?

Yes, I've used a lot of it, one of my favourite all-round QDs. Its great as a drying aid and idiot proof in conventional use. I havent tested its standalone protection properties, but I think it adds a little.

I've used it over both waxes and C1+/Reload. So yeah, its not a wonder product for protection, but its a breeze to use and smells nice.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Ok so needs some pads and polishes for my new DA.

Thinking Hex Logic and Menzerna?

Not looking for massive correction whilst I get to grips with it.

What colour pads would you recommend?
What polishes?

Should I buy spot pads whilst I'm placing a large order?

Will get used on my Pug and the Gf's Clio to start with if that makes a difference in pads and polishes.

Local garden centre, Asda, B&Q, Pounland, Wilkinsons, B&M etc

I got a few from asda not so long ago for about 50p each in the gardening section.

Or if you've got any old kitchen cleaner etc laying round wash it out and use them.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ok so needs some pads and polishes for my new DA.

Thinking Hex Logic and Menzerna?

Not looking for massive correction whilst I get to grips with it.

What colour pads would you recommend?
What polishes?

Should I buy spot pads whilst I'm placing a large order?

Will get used on my Pug and the Gf's Clio to start with if that makes a difference in pads and polishes.

Hex pads with menzerna are pretty good no matter what level of experience.

For medium paints, I'd opt for black, white and green pads, both 5.5" and 4", compounds I'd maybe look at 85re and 2.03s. They've changed the names of them now to the level of cut I think which is 4000 and 2500 or similar. I think CYC make reference to both old and new names.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R

For medium paints, I'd opt for black, white and green pads, both 5.5" and 4", compounds I'd maybe look at 85re and 2.03s. They've changed the names of them now to the level of cut I think which is 4000 and 2500 or similar. I think CYC make reference to both old and new names.

Along the lines of what I had in mind, Cheers Dave.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

As Dave ha said brilliant combo on da or rotary. I use 2500 and 4000 a lot. The spot pads are well worth purchasing too.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I have all the usual bits and bobs but anything extra except tape that I should be ordering to complete my kit?

A QD for priming the pad, Andy, and a stiff brush for cleaning the pads. Other than the obvious decontamination etc, you should be fine.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Excellent.... Will wait until the weather is a tad more predictable and not quite so cold before I give it a whirl :)