ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Why warm water? And is there not a guide to how much to put in there with different pressure washers?

Just tried bilt hamber foam for the first time, doesn't dwell half as long as magifoam does but seems to clean just aswel.
Hit it with diluted vp citrus clean first though! That stuff is epic!

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Anyone recieved there lucky dip bag from PB yet mine says there's been a delay for two days on there website ?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Some on DW have

th_Box6_zpse308b802.gif

1L AutoFinesse Lather
500ml AutoFinesse Satin
500ml AutoFinesse Citrus Power
AutoFinesse Poster
Weskstat Prot
Gyeon Prep
Nanolex Wash Coat (100ml)
Blackfire Shampoo Sample
Blackfire Interior Cleaner Sample
Foam Applicator
Air Freshener
3 x Microfibre Cloths
Large Wheel Woolie

th_Box5_zps77c6cf97.gif

1L AutoFinesse Lather
500ml AutoFinesse Satin
500ml AutoFinesse Citrus Power
AutoFinesse Poster
AutoFinesse Revitalise #3
Gyeon Iron
Menz 203s
Nanolex Final Finish Sample
2 x Foam Applicators
Air Freshener
Microfiber Madness Yellow Fellow Towel
2 x Microfibre Cloths

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I ordered Ceriglass from CarPro amoung some other bits, but when my order came through they had sent me Fixer.

I sent them a email and i got a quick response from Craig saying that it must have been pick wrong and to send it back. Craig had alreay posted me the Ceriglass 1st class before id even posted the Fixer back which i recived the next day.

When it arrived Craig had also sent me the FlyBy30 50ml kit for free.

Very happy with CarPro, cracking service. :)

Not a 320d
Why warm water? And is there not a guide to how much to put in there with different pressure washers?

Just tried bilt hamber foam for the first time, doesn't dwell half as long as magifoam does but seems to clean just aswel.
Hit it with diluted vp citrus clean first though! That stuff is epic!

More heat - More cleaning power - more respect.

You ever used G101 with hot water? Best Degreaser ever. Period.

Think once my Demons shine is finished Ill be getting some as its really useful for winter grime innit.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
But the amount of warm water in the bottle is negligible compared to the cold from the hose surely?

Never used g101 how no, I will try that! Its s**t hot with cold

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
To give you an example of what a prick I can be sometimes I've been using my Auto Finesse avalanche neat.

I didn't read the instructions and have therefore gone through 5 litres rather quickly. b****cks.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I lol at your reply.

I guess using it neat through a foam lance you can wind down the dilution mixture so it won't be quite as strong. I do that sometimes when I want to use up a product.

I haven't been using the pressure washer on recent washes due to a risk of hoses freezing, but did both cars with it at the weekend and I'd forgotten how easy it is to wash after.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't been using the pressure washer on recent washes due to a risk of hoses freezing, but did both cars with it at the weekend and I'd forgotten how easy it is to wash after.

+1 I stopped using my power washer for around 6 months as I couldn't be bothered getting it all out Etc. now we have moved house and everything is much easier to get out I use it every time and love how easy it is to clean the car!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Guys, i need some new DA pads. I'm currently using ones with hexagons on them and they're fine.

My products of the moment (car dependant) are AF revitalize and Gtecniq P1. What should I buy??

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Guys, i need some new DA pads. I'm currently using ones with hexagons on them and they're fine.

My products of the moment (car dependant) are AF revitalize and Gtecniq P1. What should I buy??

hexlogic pads again and menzerna polish. I'm more than happy with the results I get.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What polish ant? Links would be good!

Bare in mind I'm not a detailed so I need stuff that's fast and gives good results. I can't spend a day doing a car or I'll be bankrupt by January.

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Looking for a wax for myself budget of around £50 maybe slightly more my cars nimbus if it matters an I don't want carbon use to have it an want summat dieffernt what we thinkin chaps ?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Dan, ive got the AF DA kit which I bought to do my van.
Ive only had time to do the rear 1/4 so far but the results are good.

Polish bliss sell the kit with discount.

Also CarPro do a polish/compound called Fixer which seems a good all rounder but I haven't used it.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

Definatly hex pads you've got Daniel!
Tbh I'd just go with them again if your liking them, check DW out chemical guys had a discount going on them I'm not sure if it is still on though.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I lol at your reply.

I guess using it neat through a foam lance you can wind down the dilution mixture so it won't be quite as strong. I do that sometimes when I want to use up a product.

Yeah I was through a foam lance.

I've still used about 4 litres on 4 washes though lol

Oh well, every day's a school day lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Get one white and one green dude, the green will Do well on anything stubborn then just fly over with a white quickly. You did good lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'll buy two green too then. I can't buy one of anything, I need two at least. Because wierdo.

I've just ordered 2 white, two yellow and i'll now get two green.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
203s plus White can be superb with the right technique and time. Even via DA.

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Anyone used the bouncers wax specifically 22 or satsuma rock looking to purchase one but didn't no which one to buy

Anyone used the bouncers wax specifically 22 or satsuma rock looking to purchase one but didn't no which one to buy

If you want to test the latter I have a left over tub of it. Will have a think about cost but won't be anything like the retail. Great wax, looked superb on my red s3 and sisters silver polo alike. I'll post up a photo later and tag you.

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
If you want to test the latter I have a left over tub of it. Will have a think about cost but won't be anything like the retail. Great wax, looked superb on my red s3 and sisters silver polo alike. I'll post up a photo later and tag you.

Yes mate let me know how much is left in the tub ?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

I have both. I haven't used satsuma enought o comment but B22 is one of my favourite waxes. Especially on light colours and light metallics, it just makes it so blingy!

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I have both. I haven't used satsuma enought o comment but B22 is one of my favourite waxes. Especially on light colours and light metallics, it just makes it so blingy!

cheers mate that's good to know wants application like ?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Satsuma rock is very soft and oily, spreads forever but can be over applied very easily also. If removed a panel at a time it's ok but I found it tempremental with curing times. Is super glossy but only managed 2 to 3months durability.

22 is a great alround medium after Satsuma rock, it's still oily but much easier to use and put down a thin layer down. Maybe not as glossy but still nice and works well on all colours, was a little more durable in my experiences.