ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Route a pipe form your kitchen tap (Hozelock do adapters) through the window or door. :)

Not an option.

1. Distance is an issue
2. Kitchen has just had a full overhaul and no way would I be allowed to do that.

It's not essential just my Mum mentioned them and I was overjoyed with the idea but they seem like they start at about £1000 which compared to £85 for the Nilfisk Centenial is hard to justify.

It wouldn't work anyway, as you'd only have very hot water coming out which is not what you want. I don't know about you, but my hot water gets scalding hot.

Clio MK3
Best Tyre spray to make them look shiny and new? I have some stuff in the garage which was an Aldi special buy I think, but its awful, doesn't even do anything.

Tell me about it, I woke up at 15:00 yesterday... Tired!!

OT - Easy maintenance wash mitt?.... Go!!

Still love my CarPro one, Andy. But it's a few quid!

Best Tyre spray to make them look shiny and new? I have some stuff in the garage which was an Aldi special buy I think, but its awful, doesn't even do anything.

Megs Endurance. Not a spray, though, but looks good and lasts.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I used Valet pro tar and glue remover on the troubles battle bus yesterday. Really impressed with it.

Her car was smothered in tar spots and this stuff really worked well.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Still love my CarPro one, Andy. But it's a few quid

Isn't that a fussy mitt or is that people being ott with combing it and what not?
Been using the Megs Microfibre mitts for along as I remember, Did buy a lambs wool one years back but it just fell to bits.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
ALSO .... Bloody hell I ask a lot of questions.

Bilt Hamber Kerosol..... Anyone used it? Any good? Seems to be favoured on DW as cheaper than Iron X but without too much compromise.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
ALSO .... Bloody hell I ask a lot of questions.

Bilt Hamber Kerosol..... Anyone used it? Any good? Seems to be favoured on DW as cheaper than Iron X but without too much compromise.

It's good. You're also guaranteed if BH make it, it'll be one of the best. Great company.

Only reason I don't buy it more, discounted IX and not many places sell BH.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah it doesn't seem too readily available but it's something to consider.... Just had some IX delivered so I'll see what I fancy when I need to buy again.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I used Valet pro tar and glue remover on the troubles battle bus yesterday. Really impressed with it.

Her car was smothered in tar spots and this stuff really worked well.

Something that I've been considering along with Carpro Tar-x in the future. Have you used Tardis to compare?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Something that I've been considering along with Carpro Tar-x in the future. Have you used Tardis to compare?

No I haven't used anything to compare it with unfortunately.

The wife's car was covered. Gave it a quick spray, left it too dwell for a few minutes and then wiped with a microfibre. Came off really easily.

It's great having the wife's car to test these things out on before committing to using them on the clio lol

Arctic 182
Just to pick some brains on a few things if I may?!

I've been reading through Gally's cleansing guide & from what I understand I can use Dodo Juice Lime Prime to strip off any existing protection & then leave a base for applying new layers? I want to strip it back & start again once the the weather improves!

Also, for my winter prep/clean (end of November). After the usual steps I used AG SRP followed by 2 coats of DJ Rainforest Rub & sealed with c2v3. Is this adequate protection, & do I need to use a dedicated sealant such as reload on top of it all?

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Whats the best way to apply Meguiars tyre endurance gel? Got some for Christmas and doesn't seem to last very long for me! Used a kitchen scouring sponge (the softer back side not the scourer) and applied to the tyre rubbing it in, then left it to dry and a few hours before driving. Just didn't seem to last very long? Almost gone within a week.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just used the final bit of my Hubikote shampoo..... God I love that stuff (and yes my hands are now very f**king cold)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just to pick some brains on a few things if I may?!

I've been reading through Gally's cleansing guide & from what I understand I can use Dodo Juice Lime Prime to strip off any existing protection & then leave a base for applying new layers? I want to strip it back & start again once the the weather improves!

Also, for my winter prep/clean (end of November). After the usual steps I used AG SRP followed by 2 coats of DJ Rainforest Rub & sealed with c2v3. Is this adequate protection, & do I need to use a dedicated sealant such as reload on top of it all?

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

C2v3 is the sealant, As a top up you can always dilute some C2 and use it as a QD to aid drying and top up the protection a little bit.

Whats the best way to apply Meguiars tyre endurance gel? Got some for Christmas and doesn't seem to last very long for me! Used a kitchen scouring sponge (the softer back side not the scourer) and applied to the tyre rubbing it in, then left it to dry and a few hours before driving. Just didn't seem to last very long? Almost gone within a week.

Were the tyres thoroughly cleaned and dry? To be fair I don't usually get much longer than that out of my application but I tend to apply weekly anyway whilst doing the car.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Were the tyres thoroughly cleaned and dry? To be fair I don't usually get much longer than that out of my application but I tend to apply weekly anyway whilst doing the car.

Ah they were very clean but not entirely dry, ill wait for them to be fully dry next time and try again :)

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
tried TRIX on my alloy left it on over 1/2 hour agitated it regular and multiple hits with no effect is ironx a lot stronger?

it did bleed but didn't remove the fallout.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
tried TRIX on my alloy left it on over 1/2 hour agitated it regular and multiple hits with no effect is ironx a lot stronger?

it did bleed but didn't remove the fallout.

Left it on over half an hour? Blimey.

But no, it's not as strong as Iron X - I have tried Trix before and was very disappointed.

Saying that, Iron X is a dedicated product, Trix is an 'all in one' so will never be as good.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I find trix very good on a well maintained car. For example ill use Iron X and Oblitarate twice a year (summer and winter detail) Ill then use trix once a month or so when reapplying wax or changing wax.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
was on for about 30mins wheel was kept wet and multiple hits used 100ml on the car and wheels most of it went on one alloy.

Left it on over half an hour? Blimey.

But no, it's not as strong as Iron X - I have tried Trix before and was very disappointed.

Saying that, Iron X is a dedicated product, Trix is an 'all in one' so will never be as good.

was on for about 30mins wheel was kept wet and multiple hits used 100ml on the car and wheels most of it went on one alloy.

AIO products always compromise somewhere. With Trix it's the intensity, as suggested above by MatthewR's insight. Get a dedicated product on there and you'll see a large difference, especially with multiple hits.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just checking before I pay for my af basket;

With finale, do I wash and dry the car* then spray on and buff off to add protection during maintenance washes?

*when used as a drying aid, does it leave the same protection as when used on a clean, dry car?

does it shorten/prolong the life of the lsp?