ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Been looking into their gloss and nano top up quick detailers, but not interested in the rest of he range. Not that's there's anything wrong with the range just already happy with what I use.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Anybody got any of the Wonder Wheels cleaner that they are willing to sell?

Coming to the end of the 3 bottles I bought, If not what wheel cleaner are people favouring currently? Bilberry/Imperial/Other??

Anybody got any of the Wonder Wheels cleaner that they are willing to sell?

Coming to the end of the 3 bottles I bought, If not what wheel cleaner are people favouring currently? Bilberry/Imperial/Other??

Andy, I get it for £4 from Morrisons. If it's that you're after (although I only use it when the wheels are bad/not protected, not as my go to wheel cleaner), have a looky in Morrisons. If you can't see it, I've got A LOT of it and can easily get more, so happy to put some in the post.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Cheers fella, Will try and get into a Morrisons at some point, I'm guilty of using it every time at the mo, Wheels have no protection on them at all, Toying with the idea of a refurb come spring time but we'll see, If not I'll get some protection on them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone interested in this 3rd of a bottle I have left to test/try?

9938635953_9d9a92752b_z.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
coatings all round

How did strata compare to old C1, or more comparable to?

Probably be comparable to Cquartz UK. Nothing is really comparable to old C1 imo. I know it sounds silly but for all it faults and quirks it was quite unique.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
So requires top ups ideally? I was a little put off CQ after seeing its water behaviour on RyG's 200

Hoping to utilise Ant's talents in the near future to clean up the A4 ready to try out the nanolex ultra.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I hadn't read the pms right lol I thought it was a friends you were charging to do, not yours! We'll do it once we both have a Saturday free, forget what I said in the pm mate

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Permanent coatings ftl, nothing beats putting a nice wax on the car every other month hell in summer I'll even do it every other week!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No top ups on this Dave. Just shampoo sorry. Forgot about the reload. I was aware that CQUK could be used on it's own?

Ron from Migliore said decent washing only required.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
from what I've seen of CQ, it ideally needs a reload or similar top up to get the water behaviour performance of say original C1. Ryan's is a perfect example.

I originally was of the same opinion as Matthew, but Daddy responsibilities has cut the time I can spare playing and can just about squeeze in a proper routine wash method to one car in a weekend. Coatings then have an appeal.
Scrooge I'll still pay for your time as it's not a quick or easy job, one I certainly don't have time for unless I did a panel a weekend

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Can anyone point me to some tried and tested decent chemical resistant spray heads please.... Bought a bunch off eBay and they are pisch, Leak and are generally crap.

God this is never ending :(

Fancy a new mitt.
Still to buy PB Wheel Woolies
Need a bag for my DA and Pads.

Bloody Pressure Washer broke the other day so gonna get a Nilfisk Centennal or whatever the name was, I still can shake my want for a Snowfoam lance :)

Hobby/Addiction... I can't decide.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I bought £130 worth of stuff on Carpro and chemical guys yesterday. I barely remember what I actually bought.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
My order was £107 and I came home expecting so much when in fact there is very little.

Can see another £100 order happening when I start buying Wheel Woolies, New Mitt, Carry bag, Nozzles and others random bits that I get drawn to..... Then a pressure washer and Snowfoam lance and product is another £150.

I actually need to start making some money from all this as at the moment it's just families cars I care for and that makes me no return on my outlay :(

These spray heads be ok? - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/atomiza-chemical-spray-head-cat25.html

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just linked similar from PB so guessing they are decent, I'm a bit of a tart and want nice matching bottles that I can label up, Stupid I know but I'm a tad OCD on silly things like that.

Yeah ive got a couple of those spray heads with these bottles.
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/handi-hold-32oz-detailing-bottle.html#aSB947HH

Decent combo as the bottles can hold a good amount.

Im abit wary of being drawn into the detailing scene now so something like a kit bag i'd be looking at tool bags or a plastic box which i currently have. Everything just seems so marked up for what it is.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The one I linked is £10..... Lots of guys seem to buy builders carry bags and they do the job nicely.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Plenty of bags around the net guys, Builder ones, even mechanic style ones.

I think Dodo brought a decent one out.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Got a weird question, my roof doesn't look very shiny? Looks kinda dull and I want to add some shine to it and protect the paint as it has a few tiny cracking spots appearing :( Would like to make the roof shiny and try and avoid the cracking getting worse or even better mend it :)

Products in my garage would be good to use (never really used any of them!)

Autoglym SRP
T Cut scratch remover
Turtle wax colour magic in dark blue
Demon shine spray on shine
Autoglym car shampoo
Megiuars tyre gel (obviously not for the roof!)

Don't mind buying more, but would like to keep costs down to a minimum!

Ethan

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just been sorting through most of my bits, I have ALOT of unused samples from my Waxyboxes... Think I best start using some of them.

The old man is going to open up our broken Nilfisk and see if it can be fixed if not I'll be buying one of the Centenial versions.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Hot water pressure washers? Crazy money or can they be found at a reasonable price?