ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I found the Sonax application great, durabilty seems good too, even on wheels.

Needs to be layered for longer lasting water behavior I found but as you use so little it's no problem.

I thought Reload had better water behavior on my car too, i'll see if I can dig out the pic...

null_zps7acde367.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I just found it in a box and slapped it on, Was going to just spritz it with Finale but thought I'd slap that on instead, Certainly might be a contender as a top up product once I've slimmed down my collection of samples and what not a bit.

Not a 320d
Just used @Cliotoby favourite product Sonax BSD on the Gf's car, Realised I had a sample from a Waxybox, Seemed to go on well and left a decent finish considering I had only given it a quick wash and dry.

Will probably be too dirty by the time it rains to notice any beading but definitely seemed like a decent product.

You'll be surprised.

The last bank holiday weekend of 2013 when was it? That was when I applied Sonax to my dads car without any prep and it hasnt been washed since. Was still beading quite well at Christmas. Didn't get a chance to wash it unfortunately

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone used much of car chem, I tried their Taylor made shampoo in the waxy box and quite fancy a bottle. Are there any other products to get before I order?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
checked with Gtechniq its fine to clay a window with G1 on so will be giving ago tomorrow see if it will help.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Finally took delivery of 20 litres of valet pro citrus pre wash today.

It seems like a really good product.

I just sprayed some on and jet washed off and the car seems really clean just by doing that.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Finally took delivery of 20 litres of valet pro citrus pre wash today.

It seems like a really good product.

I just sprayed some on and jet washed off and the car seems really clean just by doing that.

Good stuff mate, I love mine works well diluted so makes it even better value for money. :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Good stuff mate, I love mine works well diluted so makes it even better value for money. :)

Yeah it's pretty epic stuff. I'm going to try and get out and finish the clean today.

I need to get some wax on if I can today, it's been at least 6 weeks since I put any on and the beading is near enough non existent.

Think I may do a full decontamination (iron-x, tar remover and clay) as well.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah it's pretty epic stuff. I'm going to try and get out and finish the clean today.

I need to get some wax on if I can today, it's been at least 6 weeks since I put any on and the beading is near enough non existent.

Think I may do a full decontamination (iron-x, tar remover and clay) as well.

Yeah mate good plan, the sun is coming up.
Going to be a cold but dry day, perfect for car cleaning. I might take the cover off of mine and show it the sun.

Its only been 4 month's covered up. :(

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Can I come?

lol you could of done mate.

I'm all finished now. Sitting here aching like f**k from a busy day getting the car sorted.

Still got to seal the wheels up tomorrow and get all the plastic trims done too.

Quite pleased with the results today. Was too dark to get any pics by the time I'd finished. I'll get some tomorrow.

I just love Prima Amigo. What a great product.

FF Racing Blue 182
Hi guys....has anyone got experience with chemical guys vintage butter wet wax ?

Is it easier to use since its liquid and whats a good alternative if its rubbish ?

Last edited:

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Im fairly sure that care is still going and is in bolton. Unless someone else was daft enough to put that body kit on a car and paint it that colour!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Right I've pretty much run out of C2v3 and I don't think I'll be replacing it.... Think it's clearly just me but I didn't really ever see the durability that I was expecting... After initial application all is well then 1 or 2 washes later using AF Lather the water behaviour just seems to fall away?
I have some diluted so will carry on with Top ups using it as a QD but not sure I'll order it again.

FF Racing Blue 182
Hey guys looking for some help here.....so I've got a £30 amazon voucher

Anyway im looking to add something to my small cleaning collection most probably a wax what do yous suggest i should go for or put it towards

And i should mention i don't have a machine

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
What's the best Offer/Code for CYC currently?

Got a basket with £120+ in it so the more savings possible the better.

Sonax BSD is in there as I'm liking it a lot.

FF Racing Blue 182
Autoglym HD wax without a doubt.

£32 on Amazon and comes with 2 applicators and a microfibre.

Speaking of HD, I have a full pot (no applicator etc) I'd sell for £15

My first thought was autoglym HD wax.

Any type of wax you're looking for? All round wax, durable, looks?

Thanks guys in the end i bought more tough coat along with tough prep and iron x

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
got hold of some Reload and want to try it against C2V3 side by side on my car would 3 coats of each be better?

going to start off with a strong APC mix,wash,TRIX,wash,clay,wash p1 then tough prep then reload/c2v3 dos that sound the best way?
do i appy reload the same way i apply c2v3?
can i use reload on the side windows like c2v3?

FF Racing Blue 182
I've had r222 kicking around and been thinking of using it with prima amigo then tough coat

Or is it 1 or the other then tough coat

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone used any of the ArtDeShine range? They seem to get brilliant reviews in terms of ease of use and durability.