ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I will most definitely never order direct then.... Seems like a shocking service.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I wouldn't have minded as much if I got an email explaining the situation, having to chase things really winds me up!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
^ That would piss me off so much.

Seems Autobrite have caught up on their outstanding orders, Do I order an AB Foamlance and Magifoam??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've got some info about CG Ant, i'll pm you once I confirm. And some exciting Car-pro news. :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I thought you already had a lance? Their deals are good though.

Nope... Toyed with the idea for ages but never bought, Decided I'd buy on payday (Tomorrow) and my Pressure washer has broken, Old mans gonna try and fix it at some point otherwise that's another purchase required :(

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If I was to buy a snow foam set up again I'd definitely go AB tbh

Well worth it IMO, I prefer using it over spray pre cleanser

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Does seem a good deal and rated well from what I've read.

I've had CP and RDS and although they helped a bit can see Snowfoam being more suited to me for quick refresh washes through the summer.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I always add a dash of shampoo into my snow foam mix, seems to make it cling a little better.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi all,

First off, Yellow Dave gally Scrooge - I recently sold 2 samples of Illusion, when re-potting they went a bit mushy as it's a very oily wax anyway. To prevent putting too much on the applicator pad, would a stint in the fridge harden it up a bit? Or is it a case of it is what it is?
Genuine question

Cheers
Ry

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Same. Always go a tad mushy when removing from original pot.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
My pot of desirable arrived today, the blurb on the back suggests the similarity to desire - "Desirable, from angelwax, was born in our laboratory and started life as a very small 20 pot production"

Its been suggested over on DW that desirable was the initial run of the first 20 of desire and the AF decided to go to a different manufacturer to do it cheaper? How much of that you believe is up to yourself of course!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I lolled at James ignoring the question. I think everyone knows the answer. Bare in mind the love for Desire came from the original 20.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Needs a service more than likely, will need completely pulling apart, cleaning/replacement gauze followed by rebuild with some PTFE.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
RyG the sample I have of spirit for you did the same. It's been in the fridge ever since decanting and has firmed up again

MatthewR I have a original 20 pot of desire and love it, so if desireable is the same then it's a bargain. I used one of the limited 500 run pots of desire and it was different to the original 20 ever so slightly, colour texture the way it spread and removed were all similar but not the same. I had heard rumours that the original 20 were bought or given from angelwax then AF went with a different supplier, nothing wrong with that in business in my eyes but angelwax for what ever their reasons didn't like it. Just the same as when valet pro cancelled their contract with angelwax for making bikberry wheel cleaner. VP went to another supplier calling it the same but a different formula and angelwax tried to publicly deface them for doing so

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Anyone listen to the detailing confession on radio 2 just now. The bloke used the phrase mopping. Eurgh.

Has anyone used Gyeon Q2M cure?

I gave my bike a little clean today and applied two layers of this to see how it gets on. Feels like a nice product shame I only have the waxybox sample.

How long can I expect it to last?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Radio 2? What's that. Lol missed that, but I guess most know it as mopping as its a typical term used by bodyshops. And most people think it will fill their scratches!

Jay not used it but been considering trying it. Everything reminds me of carpro reload. I've got tripple and reload on my bike and it's lasted months and months. On a car I found it similar to C2

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
They do confessions around half 4. Usually it's something mundane like my kids hamster died so I replaced it saying it was the same one etc. Today some dude explained detailing and how his lambs wool mitt fell apart. Daughter asked what it was that was on the floor he said a mouse but it was really a bit of his mitt. s**t story but amusing.

Twingo Dynamique
Gtechnic g5 - how long should it last!? It has terrible durability for me... About 4-5 days windscreen, side and rear windows are now starting to lose performance too (10 days).

Is this normal? Or is it likely to be my application process? Followed the instructions on the bottle :/

Would my screen wash strip it??

Golf GT & A4 Avant
C2 used on wet glass lasted me longer than that, something wrong there somewhere. Think I got approx 4months on windscreen and longer on sides.

What's your prep and application?

Twingo Dynamique
Well I washed car... Before I've used glass cleaner (ag fast glass) but didn't this time as thought I'd just reapply on top after washing car... Anyways, small blob on microfiber cloth, rub on glass in little circles... Wait a little (roughly time it takes to cover rest of screen, plus a min more) then wipe off smears with dry paper towel (as per instructions on bottle)

although for side glass I started buffing off with microfiber... Haven't seen any difference between the two sides (did drivers with paper,, passenger with micro)

So yeah.... :S I'm crap at this detailing stuff!, haha. I think I need to get someone who knows what they're doing to go round it with a full deacon, da, was/sealant whatever, show me how to do it, and give me a good starting block as it were... Easier to keep it clean from clean IMO...

Golf GT & A4 Avant
C2 almost works as well as G5 on glass, but not as wiper resistant. Does pretty on the rest of the glass

JHead, more than happy to head up and give you a hand one weekend if you've got a suitable drive / garage etc to get it off the road . Don't really do machine polishing on other people's cars but can show you how to do it and prep the rest of the car.

Twingo Dynamique
Dave - that would be perfect! I have a large drive so space isn't an issue. Perhaps around Easter time would be good? When the Weather starts to get a bit better, and I can get a few more products I need?? Haha how far away are you from me? Feel I should be coming to you!! (I'm just towards stowmarket from Ipswich)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ha, reckon its do-able in a few hours lol. I'm sure there are plenty members that are closer that would be more than willing to come down and give you a hand

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just a hand doing one of the cars really so I know how to do it myself.. Ive got a machine polisher ;)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
We need a CS detailing meet, Obviously the unit is the regular spot for this but for those a bit away we need some other locations, I have a good sized drive but our garage is full of junk and am in North Suffolk slap bang between Ipswich and Norwich.