ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If the seats are proper fucked, race glaze alcantara cleaner is very good, gliptone leather cleaner on a brush if the leather is proper filth. Leather should lose it's shine the cleaner it gets.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
For the first time in months I've had to worry about watermarks on the car from it drying too quickly, Love a bit of sunshine :)

On another note - I do NOT like the Car Chem shampoo sample I just used, Just felt horrible and not slick, Lots of bubbles but that was it, That sample will go back in the box and not be used again :(

Clio 182 FF
Wrt wheel sealing and protection I have just bought some freshly powder coated wheels and want to get then on the car ASAP. I'd like to seal the wheels but think I will have to use something from halfrauds as can't wait for something to be delivered. What should I get? And is it OK to go on ontop of the Polish that was on there when I bought them?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Wrt wheel sealing and protection I have just bought some freshly powder coated wheels and want to get then on the car ASAP. I'd like to seal the wheels but think I will have to use something from halfrauds as can't wait for something to be delivered. What should I get? And is it OK to go on ontop of the Polish that was on there when I bought them?

I think Gtechniq C5 is supposed to a really good one.

Clio 182 FF
Not going to be able to get that and apply soon though, plus is quite expensive. How is autoglym spray on sealant, or wonder wheels wheel sealant? I can get them from halfrauds see

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It'll last about a week. Buy a ceramic one or don't waste your time/money.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Think I need some more shelves...
byna4ana.jpg

Mini JCW
I'm VERY tempted to give Cquartz Hyrdo2 a go :

3 months durability from one application seems decent enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I shall be testing Hdryo2 on an undetailed unprotected car this week and onwards, shall report back.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I shall be testing Hdryo2 on an undetailed unprotected car this week and onwards, shall report back.

It still works brilliantly, still lasts as long and still looks as good. Awesome stuff that's for sure

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lasted really well on the Trophy when I first got it. Over a ceramic sealant in the winter months it would be a godsend!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've tried it over eveyrthing from unprotected to proper sealants. Behaves the same no matter what, perfect for maintenance washes. The beading is just bloody sublime!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
How much mixture do you use per car?

I mixed 50ml nanolex washcoat with 500ml water applied through the foam lance and had plenty left over after coating 2 cars

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I do it this way, It's 3-1 mixture with water so I use one of the old airfreshener sprayers from waxy box. Fill it up 3:1 ratio. Spray on all over working from top to bottom, hit with pressure washer bottom to the top, rinse off with open hose top to bottom.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not a clue dude, I don't do cost's etc. It does the job and I love using it so it get's used as and when I want. Can you put a price on not having to touch your paint to dry it and add decent protection at the same time?

Not a clue dude, I don't do cost's etc. It does the job and I love using it so it get's used as and when I want. Can you put a price on not having to touch your paint to dry it and add decent protection at the same time?

Agreeded. I'll get it bought. CS discount H0ooo0o.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
What is wrong with CYC? Every single time I go to purchase anything 'Authentication blocked for 10 minutes for security reasons.'

Stupid f**king website.