ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Did you ever look into this or buy one?

Anyone else had experience with them? It's tempting me as some times I just don't have the time to Clay a whole car when I'm doing the odd job in a single day for people and a mitt sounds like it'll speed things up nicely.

I have the car pro cloth (because I have no will power when it comes to cleaning gear) and it did the job well on the Audi I had the other week.

R14 CUP
Anybody used any Gyeon products, keep looking at them, then go back to the trusty products i've used before and know I can get results from.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Anybody used any Gyeon products, keep looking at them, then go back to the trusty products i've used before and know I can get results from.

wetcoat and bathe+ look interesting, I dare say they will be up for sale 2nd hand once all the hype of a new product dies down

FF 182
Just a quickie here. Planning on using the 3 step AF rejuvenate after a wash and full decon. However, i have some tough prep, then tough coat to add.

When would i use the tough prep, after the rejuvenate stuff or before??

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok guys, cquartz is going. Its s**t! I'm gonna wash and polish the focus soon, what shall I top it with? Guy in work is still having epic results from HD wax 6 months on

Not a 320d
Ok guys, cquartz is going. Its s**t! I'm gonna wash and polish the focus soon, what shall I top it with? Guy in work is still having epic results from HD wax 6 months on

cquartz what?

Id still lay down a coat for the scratch protection innit. Top with what you want then (cough.....SONAX BSD)

BTW saw a blue Focus ST estate over the weekend. Looked epically brilliant.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

You shouldn't know your finest is there. It's a background protection that requires topping up.

Fire HD on top of it. Lasts for ages!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Wash with fairy liquid, IPA or eraser wipe down, then top with sonax polymer net shield or brilliant shine detailer and see how you get on then.

Keep CQ AS a base and use a better performing sacrificial layer over the top

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just a quickie here. Planning on using the 3 step AF rejuvenate after a wash and full decon. However, i have some tough prep, then tough coat to add.

When would i use the tough prep, after the rejuvenate stuff or before??

Rejuvenate and tough prep are both pre cleansers, meant for deep cleaning the paint and laying down suitable oils, filmers, polymers etc to set a good base for either a wax or sealant.

Rejuvenate is ideal for waxes
Tough prep for sealants

FF 182
Sorry i meant Revitalise kit, not Rejuvenate :eek:

Could i just use step 1 and 2 of the revitalise kit, then tough prep as say step 3?

Will be applying by DA.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Revitalise 3 should have more cut than tough prep or rejuvenate, but depends on the level of cut needed to remove swirls or marring or buffer trails left after the previous passes.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Toby, they are epic tbf. The colour is sublime!

id also like to remind everyone that it's had some fresh paint so it's gone from half of the car anyway

FF 182
Righto then, cheers Dave. Think i was just concerned that if i used TC after the Revitalise kit, it would kinda negate the effect of using the kit.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
What's the crack with these clay mitts?

Clay at mitt vs clay bar

speed
cost
both need lube?
Longevity
do you chuck the mitt out after dropping it too?

love my clay cloth.

speed - 10-20 mins
cost - £20 for 20+ washes vs £10 for 3-4 washes
both need lube - yes, shampoo bucket works with cloth
longevity - see cost
and no, just rinse it

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Clay mitt is far quicker to use, still need to be just as cautious, probably more so with the risk of marring. Doesn't remove quite as much as the equivalent clay bar would but doesn't leave much behind. the CG mitt was £35 in the group buy but well worth it imo

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
5CCF7DD1-01D5-4866-ACC6-93AC59F712E0_zps98hq4xj6.jpg

I'm going to apply it then on wash my car once after, lasts 10 washes apparently ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I love the photoshopped pictures they put in some of the car magazines of shield. doesn't take much to see it's fake but have seen guys amazed by the adverts.

be interested to know how it actually performs

Not a 320d
Who else thinks the detailing industry is just like the sports supplement industry.

Unregulated?

Do Do Do juice still manufacture most of wax for larger brands?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
sports supplement industry, what's that?

Problem is those that know something, never come forward with the information. It's all far to secretive

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Who else thinks the detailing industry is just like the sports supplement industry.

Unregulated?

Do Do Do juice still manufacture most of wax for larger brands?

I think I raised the point 2 years ago.