ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

BMW E46 330i Touring
I use it as my LSP of choice all the time now, brilliant water behaviour. Have never seen any real difference on its behaviour when differing the preparation but I'd say your paintwork will look better if you put the work in beforehand as it doesn't add that much.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Over a wax base, the superior beading doesn't last as long as C2. Although initially BSD will outperform most products

Use it as a top up product after a general wash. I don't really rate it much as a stand alone product, so cleansing first will remove what existing protection you have relying only on the BSD

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cheers guys. Is it a case of spray a bit on, spread it round then remove in a one motion, so to speak? Basically don't leave it to dry.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Spray on one panel at a time, spray as little as possible as the standard sprayer sprays out too much product in a full spray. Spread round the panel and buff off immediately.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
gally what's your thoughts on strata? It's now £45 delivered, worth it or not. Seeing RyG CQ finest was a little dissapointing but topped with sonax BSD might be a good combo. How did that last Ry?

CQ can be had for <£30 for the pre revised formula, then there's he likes of carbon collective, ADS, max protect, Gyeon

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
@gally what's your thoughts on strata? It's now £45 delivered, worth it or not. Seeing @RyG CQ finest was a little dissapointing but topped with sonax BSD might be a good combo. How did that last Ry?

CQ can be had for <£30 for the pre revised formula, then there's he likes of carbon collective, ADS, max protect, Gyeon

It was quite comical really having that on half of my bonnet, you could see the difference in water behaviour. 3 weeks or so after application I waxed over it, but it was still going strong.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
gally what's your thoughts on strata? It's now £45 delivered, worth it or not. Seeing RyG CQ finest was a little dissapointing but topped with sonax BSD might be a good combo. How did that last Ry?

Highly recommend mate. I see no down sides at all. Ease of use and durability of at least 12 months. I don't have a bad word to say about it. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well to me this is most similar as it requires no topping. All the recent ones do.

I'd say there is more tech in Cquartz but I can't complain, especially at the group buy price.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Put my name down for the GB for Strata, doesn't seem many takers so may not go ahead.
RyG glad to hear it was still going well. Used over a wax base it didn't perform well for very long, beading dropped quite quickly but was still present

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I need a reasonably priced wheel brush? Any ideas

I've seen the EZ detail or the Daytona one. I'm not sure whether to get small or large? Either for my EP3 CTR alloys and wife's BMW MV2's?

Last edited:
I need a reasonably priced wheel brush? Any ideas

I've seen the EZ detail or the Daytona one. I'm not sure whether to get small or large? Either for my EP3 CTR alloys and wife's BMW MV2's?

Large ez in my opinion chap. Small enough for multi spokes. Large enough to reach the backs of the wheels.

I've got the small ez and it's perfect for my Clio wheels but it's just too small to reach the back of the wheel on my parents m3 for example.
For the wheels you've got the small one will be long enough to reach the back I'd say.

You won't be disappointed with either ez brush tho. I've had mine years and it's still like new.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Nah, bit more than what I wanted to spend. Occasionally my son comes and helps with the car he would probably snap them ( plus I'm tight)

I really like britemax spray and shine. However if your after something more cost effective and good value Autobrite berry blast is very good and dilutes 10-1. I don't think you'll go wrong with any qd from the major brands really.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really like britemax spray and shine. However if your after something more cost effective and good value Autobrite berry blast is very good and dilutes 10-1. I don't think you'll go wrong with any qd from the major brands really.

im quite the fan of berry blast too.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Might look at the Berry Blast then, I mainly use it as a drying aid but with Summer on the way I'll be using it more as a quick detailer and final wipe down etc.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Britemax is the best drying aid I've used, and a great allrounder!

Wolfs reparationg QD is also fantastic (on nano AND non-nano finishes).

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I think I may have had a bottle if the Britemax before when I wasn't quite so into detailing and even then I remember it being very good, Will look into the costs etc when I have more time.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Got some black marks, and a few black specs on my alloys, i'm guessing brake dust as it appeared soon after my new pads were fitted AFAIK. Whats the best way to remove this? I'm thinking buy some Valetpro bilberry wheel cleaner and go over them either diluted or neat?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Bilberry will remove general grime and brake dust hat hasn't baked itself onto the wheel. If it is baked on then most general wheel cleaners will struggle. What you'll need is an iron and fallout remover like Ironx.

First try a strong shampoo mix or all purpose cleaner and see how you get on and decide from there

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Got some black marks, and a few black specs on my alloys, i'm guessing brake dust as it appeared soon after my new pads were fitted AFAIK. Whats the best way to remove this? I'm thinking buy some Valetpro bilberry wheel cleaner and go over them either diluted or neat?

It's a decent regular cleaner but it won't remove anything stubborn like that. Sounds like you need iron-x and/tardis or equivalent products.

Hot wheels may work as a decent product

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
It's a decent regular cleaner but it won't remove anything stubborn like that. Sounds like you need iron-x and/tardis or equivalent products.

Bilberry will remove general grime and brake dust hat hasn't baked itself onto the wheel. If it is baked on then most general wheel cleaners will struggle. What you'll need is an iron and fallout remover like Ironx.

First try a strong shampoo mix or all purpose cleaner and see how you get on and decide from there

Cheers guys, my uncle has some Valet Pro blue gel wheel cleaner somewhere, is that worth a shot? Seen some good reviews online where it removes alot of caked on dust etc on some alloys. My wheels are just the standard 1.2 clio mk3 Mahonia alloys

Cheers :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

After i was told hot wheels is a lsp safe wheel cleaner with fallout removing properties, I think it's an awesome product! Especially 750ml for £4

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I found some optimum opti seal in my garage that I've never used, is it any good?

I've also got some megs #7 , 80 & 83 , chemical guys 50/50 , CG EZ Creme glaze that I never use if anyone wants them for a cheapo,

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Oh ok I'll use it on my wife's car then. I'm assuming it was good , hence why u bought it.

I haven't used my polisher in a very long time. Are the white sfx pads are more aggressive than the yellow ones? Is that right?