ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That dodo juice manufacture waxes for Swissvax, Zymol, FK, etc etc ?

No, they don't either. I made the point about how unregulated it was. The amount of false advertising that goes on is insane.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I4detailing are now stocking GTechniq products and are doing 15% off till the end of the month

It's been a long time coming but we are now official stockists for Gtechniq products. :thumb:

To celebrate this we are offering all DW forum members double discount on Gtechniq products till the end of this month.

Valid till the 31st March, the DWX coupon code will now be worth 15% on all Gtechniq products instead of the usual 7.5%.

Matt

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just chatting to Craig about Dlux group buy Ant. Try and get it up and running soon.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Well with me getting the company van next week I see no need in keeping all the wax's and machine polisher etc. Keep an eye out for the thread this weekend!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How does dlux compare with C4/C5?

The Gtechniq stuff has changed a lot from original stuff Dave. It's a shame as they were brilliant and unique. Now they do what others do and use the same stuff as others do from Asia.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Is there a kickass sealant that's easy to use.

I have an unopened bottle of jetseal I bought when it came out a few years ago. Is this AF toughcoat better? They both seem easy to apply I just want really good durability. I'm a bit oldskool and was still using Jeffs acrylic sealant until it ran out and that was really good.

Wolfs body wrap looks amazing but the application process looks a bit daunting and I don't think I'm capable of not screwing it up.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Forget BW. Jetseal in still used as base on a lot of wheels and cars, quite durable.

TC, CG V7 et al are spray sealants so a lot quicker than JS, you'll know how quick Jett was to apply.

Well worth trying Chemical guys V7 if you fancy a good spray sealant hybrid and fancy a change from jett. It'll last longer and look better on all colours as it's a hybrid packed with polymers.

Jetseal is ideal but depends whether you can be assed applying it considering how quick jet was.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Application of jetseal looks easy ,it's just the poor reviews it gets interms of durability.

I've come across all this nano sealant stuff and the durability looks amazing.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you don't get poor durability from Jetseal, it's just oldschool. When I say application, it's applied like a wax or Zaino, not spray on and wipe off like Jett, TC and V7.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ok thanks, if it lasts well enough ill use that.

I used some CG blitz the other week as I had some leftover. I forgot how good it looks and its lasting quite well albeit we haven't had that much rain.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think JD used to use Blitz years ago. Both quite old school products but I like the CG stuff, good range.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I got loads of old skool stuff but it's still pretty good.

Also an old tub of Collinites 476, if I put that over jetseal I assume I would have some good protection.

I think JD used to use Blitz years ago. Both quite old school products but I like the CG stuff, good range.

Aye, from AR raving about it. Still got a bottle somewhere that'll need shaking but sure will offer great looks and durability as it always did. It was my EGP replacement... that just shows the age of it...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I got loads of old skool stuff but it's still pretty good.

Also an old tub of Collinites 476, if I put that over jetseal I assume I would have some good protection.

Nuclear proof.

Aye, from AR raving about it. Still got a bottle somewhere that'll need shaking but sure will offer great looks and durability as it always did. It was my EGP replacement... that just shows the age of it...

<3 AR!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Migliore Strata coating group buy back up and running

1185709_10152262917931488_2019428946_n.png

Migliore Strata Coating

Product Details: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=333618

GB Deal: Monza Car Care and Migliore have partnered to offer 15 (15 only) bottles of Strata Coating at £49 with free shipping in the UK. International shipping is £7.95.

First come, first served. Limit two per customer. This GB will end when 15 members are reached, or on 3/29.

Cheers!
Migliore and Monza

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Running low on AF Finale... Do I buy another bottle or get something new?

What are your recommendations?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
MatthewR is the Desirable 100 or 200ml?

Was going to put a post up asking about this wax later today :)

Rumour mill true about it basically being AF Desire?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
100ml Coby. literally done one wing. Its a very good wax however as ive never actually used AF Desire i couldn't say if it is the same however the rumors are there for it being the same!

I've got a pot of desire and a sample of desirable and I'm pretty certain they are different.

They are a different colour, different albeit similar smell and desire does feel ever so slightly oiler.

Both are great waxes.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Is there anyone out there would seal my wheels…for a fee of course?

Have you got the products to do it with or know what you want to use. I'd strongly recommend a glass coating like GTechniq C5, carpro dlux, Gyeon rim etc

You're not too far from me so happy to do the prep and apply if you got the sealant

Yellow Dave said:
Have you got the products to do it with or know what you want to use. I'd strongly recommend a glass coating like GTechniq C5, carpro dlux, Gyeon rim etc

You're not too far from me so happy to do the prep and apply if you got the sealant

I've bought the cleaner. I was looking at one sealant product in particular http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2-rim-cat15.html

But i know what will happen if i do it. It'll last 2 wheels rather than them all and the fact it'll take 24 hours to cure. or i could try one of the others.

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
I have all the gear to prep them, so if you decide on the coating I'll give you a hand and show you how to do it.

All I'd recommend is not getting them wet or using them the day of application if you can help it. Overnight damp shoulnt be a problem provided they get a decent drying period before hand.

I've not used Gyeon yet but one I'd consider. Only thing with it is the need for a 2nd coat an hour or more after the first. C5 doesn't need this, and I don't think DLUX does