ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just been using one of these on the old mans car -

2ehy8usa.jpg

Car is a 54 plate which has never been Decontaminated in its life until today.

Wash
Tardis
Iron-X
Wash
Clay Mitt :)

This Mitt is so easy to use, You can easily feel when the panel is free of any contaminants, Dip in bucket of shampoo'd water, Wipe with MF side first then flip over and clay, Had the whole car done in under 30 mins.

It's hard to tell if there has been any marring left being a silver car and it is far from immaculate anyway but I was very impressed and it felt quite kind on the paint using it.

Nearly 10 year old paint fresh after Claying and drying -

2esuvu2e.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
AF Rejuvenate working its magic

za2ezy2e.jpg

It's Amazing how much dirt it pulls from the paint even after a thorough decon.

Prep'd and ready for wax :)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sun has buggered off as always but topped Rejuv with Capture the Rapture, Had a sample a while and have never used it, Smells lovely!!!

Glass cleaned with AF Crystal, Plastics given a quick once over with Revive, Tyres dressed with Megs Endurance.

evy5uzys.jpg

avuge4ep.jpg

u5uqahu9.jpg

Nothing special but the old man was happy when he came home.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Is this salvageable??

8ymu4e5y.jpg

R222... Bought years ago and at some point it seems to have dried out and crumbled a bit.

Do I just sit the pot in hot water and see how it goes?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Worth a try!

I'm really looking forward to getting Rejuvinate now. I barely used a wax last summer, and I have 15 of the damn things now (some are sample size) so I need to get cracking with them!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Will give it a go tomorrow.... Rejuvenate just pulls so much crap on from the paint, I should have taken a pic of my applicator afterwards.

Couple more of the Volvo after Rejuvenate

emy2ady2.jpg

u2e4are9.jpg

Summer is coming so it's time to Wax, Sealants are my Winter options.

Arctic 182
Evening Gents, I have some questions regarding AF Tripple if I may;
I'm wanting to do the whole car tomorrow but I'm wondering wether I need to strip the existing protection off or can I get away with doing it over the top? It had 1 coat of SRP & 2 coats of Dodo Juice wax about 3 weeks ago. If I need to strip it off will a good decon/clay be ok to do it ? Then the Tripple all over finished with another 2 coats of wax? Also, how long do I leave it before buffing off? (I know the protection is not that old at all but I had some scratch removal today & need to reapply in some areas so may as well do the whole car :D)
Cheers.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tripple is a cleaner and very very mild abrasive, this will remove the worst if not all the previous product and lay down its own fillers and base ready to re wax.

Work tripple until it starts to haze then it's prety much done and then remove

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Coby, get a small tea spoon and squash, mash the wax back together as it warms up it'll soften and become workable again. Had ag HD wax do something similar

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Coby, get a small tea spoon and squash, mash the wax back together as it warms up it'll soften and become workable again. Had ag HD wax do something similar

Ok cool, Will sort it out at some point, Is it actually any good? Bought it years and years ago before I was into detailing.

Coby. Do this, but pop it in the fridge after, otherwise it stays mushy!

Cheers for that, Will have to explain that to the parents when I come to refrigerate my car wax.

Arctic 182
Tripple is a cleaner and very very mild abrasive, this will remove the worst if not all the previous product and lay down its own fillers and base ready to re wax.

Work tripple until it starts to haze then it's prety much done and then remove

Cheers Dave, appreciate the advice as always! :D

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've got my mate coming over with his sea grey 2010 Smax. Going to 'detail' if I'm allowed to call what I do that? lol

I intend to use cirus prewash, snow foam, 2BM wash, iron x, another 2BM wash and then I was planning on trying SRP on it before Prima amigo and HD wax.

Anything wrong with this? Never used SRP before but I guessing used with a DA it'll be quite good?

The Smax isn't in too bad condition so I don't think anything harsher that SRP would be needed.
gally anything you would recommend I do differently from above?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Got any Tar Remover or Clay?

Only issue I see is the decon could be more thorough.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've got my mate coming over with his sea grey 2010 Smax. Going to 'detail' if I'm allowed to call what I do that? lol

I intend to use cirus prewash, snow foam, 2BM wash, iron x, another 2BM wash and then I was planning on trying SRP on it before Prima amigo and HD wax.

Anything wrong with this? Never used SRP before but I guessing used with a DA it'll be quite good?

The Smax isn't in too bad condition so I don't think anything harsher that SRP would be needed.
@gally anything you would recommend I do differently from above?

You need a tar and clay decon there.

Also need a wipe down to get all the oils off before adding the wax. Srp is pony too, I'll be at the unit from quarter to 1, you can come and pick up some tripple if you like?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Oh s**t! I forgot the de tar bit. Yeah I've got the valet pro tar and glue removed. I'll chuck that in before the second wash. I do have some clay but wasn't going to bother. You reckon I should?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep without the clay there will still be contamination that'll you'll end up dragging around the paint work come polish time.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
You need a tar and clay decon there.

Also need a wipe down to get all the oils off before adding the wax. Srp is pony too, I'll be at the unit from quarter to 1, you can come and pick up some tripple if you like?

Mate would that be ok? I'll pop down with Stanley. I'll buy you some alcohol in return? You likey alcohol right?

:)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep that's more than enough, Boil a cup of water and place the clay in that during the first was, when it comes to use it rip it in half then clay away, keep the cup of hot water to keep the clay mouldable.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
that made me chuckle! The wipe down isn't with actual wipes, but usually IPA or Eraser. Tripple is also a cleanser so no need for the wipe down as you're not doing serious correction.

hahahaha I told you I'm a c**t lol

Ok sounds like a plan. I'll see you a bit later.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Even just a Tardis style can smooth the paint so much, Srp should cleanse the paint well enough. Great all round cheaper product. Maybe get 2 Microfibre pads to work the SRP well.

Another small note to people. Maybe worthwhile investing in a spray sealant if you don't have one. The likes of RonDave's detail for his mate will take ages, especially going around waxing. Spray sealant is so much quicker. CG V7 is very good and won't smear. Tough Coat also. Find V7 nicer to use and slicker.

On another note, I waxed via machine for the first time ever yesterday. The HD wax Aucky sent me was loose in the pot, removed and spread using a Blue CG pad via DA... I think it worked.... :eek: