ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

FF 182
Can someone recommend a good glass cleaner that will get rid of water stains. Tried claying but that didn't really touch them.

iceberg phase 2 172
IMAG1422_zpsec914cb9.jpg

Anyone interested in these? Will do a deal on other compounds/polishes. M105, 205 etc

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the old meguires #80's you can have for a tenner.mI never use them and they're getting in my way lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I need a bit of advice, during my last leather clean I've noticed that i've got a slight scuff on the drivers side bolster. Now the lether dyes that i've used before have been crap, wear away or are too glossy.

Any suggestions?

Not a 320d
I need a bit of advice, during my last leather clean I've noticed that i've got a slight scuff on the drivers side bolster. Now the lether dyes that i've used before have been crap, wear away or are too glossy.

Any suggestions?

Would also like to know where to get good leather paint from. My bolster is fucked on the seam.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That's exactly where mine is Toby.

I had an old dye years ago the sofa repair man gave me, it was very chalky and blended incredibly well but after a year it'd wear off. That was a few cars back though and I can't find it now.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Haven't had any experience but the LTT products seem to get decent reviews.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Hello,

I've been having a nosy round my fiesta that I bought at the beginning of the week. The car is pretty mint to say it's just gone 4 years old. However, I looked under the bonnet and the engine bay is a right state. It's covered in dust. I'm going to attempt cleaning it today but I'm not sure what the best way is to do it.

So far, I've come up with 2 ideas but you detailing chaps may think they are retarded;

1. Get some sani wipes or dash board wipes and wipe all the dust and dirt away as best I can

2. I've got some meguires speed detailer in the garage that I use for cleaning my bike. I thought about using that and some kitchen roll to wipe the dust away.

Are these stupid ideas and is there a better way to clean an engine bay?

Thanks in advance

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Any suggestions?

There's someone on the bmwowner or e36 forum who has a good company. I would log in and check it I forgot my password.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
LTT are the pinnacle of Leather care. Judy's post on DW are fascinating. Learned so much about leather reading those posts.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone tried the sonax bsd after cleansing the paintwork before hand. I 'think' with the amount of polish etc that was on the car prior to using it last week hasn't done it any favours. It's good but expected better. What do you think?

and any thoughts on these

http://bit.ly/1bWlpwz

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Getting the RX8 left with me tomorrow to get started on then all of Monday :)

Can't decide what to use once full decon is done.

Poorboys Blackhole?
AF Rejuvenate?
Both??

Which wax?
AF Desire
Purple Haze Pro
CTR

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Bsd can be fussy over what it's applied over.

Over a wax I didn't really rate it anything special. Used it over sonax polymer net shield and it was significantly better

Coby, what's the colour and condition of the paint. I'd always use rejuvenate as it still pulls so much dirt from the paint even after decon. If it's very swirly or a darker colour I'd consider black hole over the too.

With wax, depends what you want from durability