ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

I used my HydrO2 today. My god that stuff is amazing, game changer. Don't think I ever need to use a wax again in my life.

Finished just in time for the rain and I've never seen beading like it. Everyone needs to try it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If using ironx on a car thats never been decontaminated before then you will use a lot on wheels and body.

On a well maintained or protected car you won't use anywhere near as much

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I used my HydrO2 today. My god that stuff is amazing, game changer. Don't think I ever need to use a wax again in my life.

Finished just in time for the rain and I've never seen beading like it. Everyone needs to try it.
Needs pics of said beeding ;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Do Mazda buy paint with ration book tokens?
pajumyvy.jpg

All Bonzai wagons are the same mate, usually soft too. I have to do a silver mps after a recent body shop visit in the next couple of weeks. That'll be fun.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

The only issue I have is I use way too much. I need a better pump sprayer. :(

Last edited:
  Mini JCW
So - managed to break my DAS6 Pro today and need a replacement this week - any superior models worth considering? (DA only) or stick with the Pro?

Well the flex is the ultimate I guess but pretty expensive compared to a das6 pro.

Surly yours is fixable? What happened?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
So - managed to break my DAS6 Pro today and need a replacement this week - any superior models worth considering? (DA only) or stick with the Pro?

Funny you should say that. Mine almost conked out when glazing the last panel today (non pro). It came with spare brushes but god knows where they are!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Can't comment sorry, I've had my DAS6 for 5 years.
If it dies I'll get another of whichever type doesn't give you whitefinger.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get a DAS6 pro, for a hobbyist the Flex can be overkill. Think rotary power with DA useability etc.

FF Racing Blue 182
hi guys, where is the best/cheapest place to buy zaino z6 ? also do we have discount codes for any cleaning product sites ?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
More and more impressed with those clay cloths. Quick snowfoam, light mix, good lube can be done in minutes. Big fan.

The cleaning side of things is a bit weird, i'm never sure how long it'll last or should be thrown away.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Which one are you using? I was originally impressed with my chemical guys mitt as it was leaving very little to no damage, until I used it on my gloss black Mk5 Golf and it looked as if I'd started to wet sand.

I've found they can be difficult to fully remove the remains of the tar spots left on it when trying to wash it out.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Which one are you using? I was originally impressed with my chemical guys mitt as it was leaving very little to no damage, until I used it on my gloss black Mk5 Golf and it looked as if I'd started to wet sand.

I've found they can be difficult to fully remove the remains of the tar spots left on it when trying to wash it out.

My double tardis hit before hand usually removes 99% of tar so it's not usually much of an issue but I do get the rouge spot.

Used Car Pro now and Autosmarts one, identical as Craig also said. Grey in the middle and blue edging.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
A friend if the Girlfriend ask me about her hazy headlights yesterday, So I casually advised they would need sanding back and polishing up, Message this morning saying she's using sandpaper and it's just scratching them... I'm scared to see what damage she has done.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
A friend if the Girlfriend ask me about her hazy headlights yesterday, So I casually advised they would need sanding back and polishing up, Message this morning saying she's using sandpaper and it's just scratching them... I'm scared to see what damage she has done.

Lol! Post the results.

And pics of girlfriend/friend of girlfriend?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
No pics but luckily she stopped quite quickly before too much damage was done, Quick rub over with 1500, 2000 and 2500 before Menz 2500 and 4000.

Not quite perfect but definitely a huge improvement.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member

Bottom one from i4 out of those 3. Have the same machine but the pro version myself and it's been great.

Mini JCW
Finally finished refining the paint ready for the OptiCoat - and it's raining tomorrow meaning I can't apply it tonight (after all this hot weather we've had!).

Typical!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
A couple from an R56 I did this weekend...Ignore the exhaust I am making to a second trip to do the roof/spoiler and the finer details like that due to time constraints.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/43127495@N07/14534378244/player/f19574cc3d" height="305" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/43127495@N07/14534878712/player/fa367cd87a" height="325" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/43127495@N07/14534367544/player/a99377d3d7" height="273" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

FF Racing Blue 182
What do you guys think of sour power ? I bought it because it was cheap and i had a few quid left to spend on amazon. I read a few reviews and it seemed ok.

Then i found this from dodo juice themselves.

Essentially, we took out the most expensive 5% ingredients from BTBM (that people would barely notice have been removed) and this allows us to sell it for 20% less. It is highly concentrated as well, maybe up to 800:1 or so, which makes price per dose more interesting but this does affect the carnauba 'gloss enhancing' effect. Although this has carnauba added, the more you dilute it, the less the carnauba can achieve, so it's a double edged sword. Even at a normal dilution of 300:1 or so, it will leave only a little carnauba on a panel so it really only serves as a small 'top up' and won't cover it in wax like Zip Wax or something. It isn't a substitute for waxing in other words, but it can help replenish what a shampoo may otherwise remove. It is pH neutral as well, so kind to the car

Seems like cheap btbm with gloss enhancer.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I try to avoid them but CGs W&G one and Sour are very good. Not everyone is into detailing remember.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
I thought BTBM was a good wax friendly shampoo? I didn't think it was a "gloss enhancing" job? Or am I missing the point??

FF Racing Blue 182
should have stuck to BTBM !

as knuckles was saying, i feel it needs to be heavily diluted to stop it from stipping the LSP.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I thought BTBM was a good wax friendly shampoo? I didn't think it was a "gloss enhancing" job? Or am I missing the point??

BTBM is a pure shampoo, no gloss enhancers and wax friendly.