ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I need to stop looking at wet sanding threads :dapprove:

It looks so inviting!

I've done bits, and I have some headlights to do in the coming weeks but once you start on a panel it's a bit of a commitment isn't it.

It's a piece of piss as long as you have patience. Genuinely. As soon as you rush it, you'll f**k the dog.

amedy9at.jpg

ubuqa4us.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's a piece of piss as long as you have patience. Genuinely. As soon as you rush it, you'll f**k the dog.

I've done bits and it's came up awesome. But once I start, I'll have to do the rest. And I don't have time for that :(

I suppose a panel or two a week isn't bad is it

why does it look like you whipped it with a roll of emery?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Can someone please explain what and if its a good idea to use any of the following bit stuck on what combo to get.

AF tripple, ultra glaze, tough prep, rejuvenate, tough coat.

If you want to practice wet sanding on my bonnets you can do its fxcked anyway and due a respray.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Can someone please explain what and if its a good idea to use any of the following bit stuck on what combo to get.

AF tripple, ultra glaze, tough prep, rejuvenate, tough coat.

If you want to practice wet sanding on my bonnets you can do its fxcked anyway and due a respray.

What is it you want to achieve?

tripple and tough prep do a similar thing iirc; preparing the paint for the LSP with tripple having more filling and abrasives.

Rejuvinate, I've had decent results with #1 and #2 polishes and pads.

Ultra glaze is awesome from my experience last week.

tough coats is brilliant for when you're too lazy to wax

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Where's the one @Rob W as sorting you out with?

Do you mean @Rob ? (You're even s**tter than ME with technology ffs!)

I've no idea. He asked me if I wanted it, I said yes, never heard from him since. I know he's got a lot on with his brother/moving house/job etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Rob you are correct, I remember now.

Daniel, not getting back to someone.

Never. :rolleyes:

You said texting was like writing a letter, I could reply whenever I wanted to! Now you're giving me shot for not replying?!

You bunch of Essex c***s. Now I know where Joey Essex gets it from...

FF Racing Blue 182
how much should i be diluting bilberry ? I'm using 1L bottles.

also my AF tar remover is finished, i've bought some tardis and can that be used the same way?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I need to stop looking at wet sanding threads :dapprove:

It looks so inviting!

I've done bits, and I have some headlights to do in the coming weeks but once you start on a panel it's a bit of a commitment isn't it.

Ill try and take a photo of my front wing. The previous owner reckoned he knew how to remove swirls and bird etching and claimed he'd even sanded back some marks! I've hit the front wing with some aggressive cutting combos but it's f@cked. Only option is to try and wet sand it again but properly but without a PDG I think I'd be better off getting a new wing sprayed. Tempted to speak with Ant as IIRC he did the whole front end of his Seat after a respray.

Get rot it wrong and it's a b!tch to rectify so plenty of practice on scrap panels is strongly recommended

also I think you're confusing rejuvenate pre wax cleanser with revitalise compounds

both cars covered in tree sap and brake dust, jetwash has packed in this week as well and i have next to no money so i'm on a tight budget.

all i want to do is give it a quick wash to get the tree sap and brake dust off, would this lot do the trick?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cl...eaning-cloths/halfords-2-in-1-microfibre-mitt

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/shampoo/muc-off-ubershine-shampoo-1-litre

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cl...leaner/wonder-wheels-hot-wheels-cleaner-500ml

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Ill try and take a photo of my front wing. The previous owner reckoned he knew how to remove swirls and bird etching and claimed he'd even sanded back some marks! I've hit the front wing with some aggressive cutting combos but it's f@cked. Only option is to try and wet sand it again but properly but without a PDG I think I'd be better off getting a new wing sprayed. Tempted to speak with Ant as IIRC he did the whole front end of his Seat after a respray.

Get rot it wrong and it's a b!tch to rectify so plenty of practice on scrap panels is strongly recommended

also I think you're confusing rejuvenate pre wax cleanser with revitalise compounds

I love wet sanding, done quite a bit now too. PDG is key dude.

Pop over one saturday and we can take a crack at it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Lol correct, they have too many similarly named products, which I'm sure all mean the same thing.

Mini JCW
I love wet sanding, done quite a bit now too. PDG is key dude.

Pop over one saturday and we can take a crack at it.

This. A mate has a PD PDG - used it to get an idea in depth - whole car was 130 - 140, but bottom of the bonnet and sills were 95 - 100.

So definitely borrowing that for when I wetsand the Zed. Doing the whole car though.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's very time consuming that's for sure, well if you do it properly. Have you seen the velvet and denim pads that car pro do? I have some but yet to use them.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Just washed my courtesy car as it was starting to get a bit minging.

No LSP on it whatsoever, and it was the most horrible car to dry. Plus it has never been decontaminated so it was really rough when drying. Just goes to show you how these companies treat their cars....Polish Pete gives it a jet wash off and a quick going over with some cheap shampoo and then they ship it out to the next customer.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just washed my courtesy car as it was starting to get a bit minging.

No LSP on it whatsoever, and it was the most horrible car to dry. Plus it has never been decontaminated so it was really rough when drying. Just goes to show you how these companies treat their cars....Polish Pete gives it a jet wash off and a quick going over with some cheap shampoo and then they ship it out to the next customer.

I can't see that spending days decontaminating and protecting the paint is very profitable for the company in question! Lol.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see that spending days decontaminating and protecting the paint is very profitable for the company in question! Lol.
Obviously not! But it goes to show you how much of a difference it makes to paintwork when you're only washing a drying a car, let alone polishing, correcting and protecting.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Aren't you meant to drive courtesy cars like you stole them rather than clean them?

is auto finesse leather cleaner worth re buying?

i managed to lose mine before getting a chance to use it.

Golf GTD
anyone used a farcla clay mitt? seen them in halfords today whilst buying some carplan trade APC
I've used one but never used a clay bar. Impressed with the results, left the paint very smooth and glass like. I used the Farecla Bodywork detailer as lube and got no marrying.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
anyone used a farcla clay mitt? seen them in halfords today whilst buying some carplan trade APC

I've used mine a few times, Impressed with it.... May not be the quality of the more expensive offerings but definitely gets the job done and is so much quicker.